New Rule: For orders placed after 10/1, guests must be present to meet mobility vendor deliverypersons

BigThunderMatt

Yeah, and they should have to go pick up their own food from the restaurant and meet the pizza guy in the parking lot. No more room service. Damn lazy consumers

Pizza/food deliveries are already not permitted to be delivered up to the rooms from outside companies for safety concerns and the guests typically have to meet them in the lobby/out front.

cindy_k

Blog Mickey's coverage. https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/disney-bans-outside-vendor-drop-offs-at-walt-disney-world-hotels/

I don't know about strollers, but my mother uses an ECV. We would rent it from home, and it would be waiting at the hotel when we got there. She needs it to get around the resort, not just for the parks. Now with this change instead of it waiting for us, we will have to wait around the lobby (possibly for hours) waiting for the company to bring it to us on check in day.
She can't make the walk to the room, so unless we can borrower a wheelchair, we will be sitting in that lobby until her scooter comes.

Sounds like a great start to a very expensive Disney vacation.

I get not accepting the groceries (refrigeration, fragile, etc) , but banning Strollers and ECV's seems like a bridge too far.

carolina_yankee

Since it appears that all other deliveries are still permissible (groceries, packages, Owner's Locker, etc.) I can see why Disney would eliminate receiving ECVs. I have seen lines of ECVs waiting outside bell services and not always under cover. The units are not always in the best shape so a customer has no opportunity to review or complain before accepting delivery. There have been reports of keys not being there and bell services having to find one that matches. Disney has required or was going to require the approved vendors to throttle ECVs to Turtle which would make them less competitive without outside vendors that don't have to do that, and guests have already been discovering quality outside vendors that have better equipment and better service than Disney's approved vendors, for less money. It probably just wasn't worth it anymore.

carolina_yankee

Blog Mickey's coverage. https://blogmickey.com/2019/09/disney-bans-outside-vendor-drop-offs-at-walt-disney-world-hotels/

I don't know about strollers, but my mother uses an ECV. We would rent it from home, and it would be waiting at the hotel when we got there. She needs it to get around the resort, not just for the parks. Now with this change instead of it waiting for us, we will have to wait around the lobby (possibly for hours) waiting for the company to bring it to us on check in day.
She can't make the walk to the room, so unless we can borrower a wheelchair, we will be sitting in that lobby until her scooter comes.

I get not accepting the groceries (refrigeration, fragile, etc) , but banning Strollers and ECV's seems like a bridge too far.

Blog Mickey says this does include groceries. With conflicting information out there, blogs really need to get confirmation from two separate sources or official word from Disney before posting these things as fact.

PrincessNelly_NJ

People should have to be there to accept their delivery. You know darn straight if someone received their delivery of groceries and they weren't right, they would go right after bell services for it. DME baggage is one thing. They already have full rooms of people storing their luggage they brought because their room isn't ready and people storing bags after checkout while they head to the parks ahead of their DME. Add in strollers, scooters, groceries, etc... that's a LOT of stuff to handle.

We ordered some stuff from Von's when we were staying at Paradise Pier in Disneyland and we had to be there to accept the delivery. I also worked for a company called Shipt and we would always deliver a customers order between the hour they requested. If someone chose to order through Shipt, it wouldn't be that hard for them to plan for the delivery and be at the resort for that one hour delivery window. I'm actually surprised it's taken Disney this long to change this.
Thats easier said than done. For people like my fiance who require a wheelchair or scooter to get around the resorts, this could seriously impact them. For example, we had a wheelchair delivered at 3pm and were scheduled to arrive at CSR at 4pm via DME. However, our flight was delayed and we did not arrive until 12:30am the next day. My fiance was recovering from foot surgery and generally cannot walk much at all anyway. He barely made it to the lobby after getting off ME with crutches. Had the wheelchair not been there we when arrived, it would have been a major problem. It would have been impossible to get to our room.

ABQ

Welcomed change. The hotel is not a concierge service. This is not 1965 lol. Didn't they start charging for Amazon deliveries?
Disagree. I have a family member who cannot walk very long distances. They don't need a wheelchair day to day, but do for WDW and having it waiting with Bell Services when they arrive is a big plus. Now, it seems, they won't be able to schedule delivery and will have to wait till after they arrive. This will be a negative and is not a welcome change.

ABQ

I have a family member in this exact same boat.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Just saw this... Definitely seems like a good alternative for stroller companies to use MCO as the main hub, however, ME is going to see a drastic increase in on board strollers now. I doubt this would work for mobility companies as ME has limited capacity for those.

carolina_yankee

touring plans is reporting that grocery vendors are being told this does not affect them.

As of right now (3 PM on Friday, September 27), third-party grocery vendors are stating that they have asked if this impacts their deliveries and have been told that it does not — that grocery orders will still be accepted at bell services. That said, this is certainly an ever-evolving situation. We’ll keep our eyes and ears open to let you know of any additional changes to Disney’s policies.

cindy_k

So instead of banning groceries (which would be sad but on an annoying level). They banned the mobility aids. I don't understand Disney. The number of senior citizens with disposable income who like to go to Disney is high and this policy is almost like asking them to go elsewhere.

It sounds like a management decision made without researching the possible guest effects. >.<

DisneyDreamerxyz

my old roommate did Bell Services at the Poly and I'm pretty sure the rooms they store packages in are pretty small...not built to be a "package room" in most cases but turned into one....I'm sure as the years have gone on the packages are getting more and more and more

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Getting off of strollers & scooters - and focusing on "packages" of any sort, "dropped off" at a WDW Hotel...

Anyone consider that this could be a SECURITY measure? Similar to what Airlines do..... "make sure that the person & the package are always closely tied, in close proximity". A nice way to say that if a scooter, grocery bag, or even PIZZA Box, contains a nasty? They will be in the area when it detonates :(.

Hcalvert

On my first day at Poly during my July trip, I ordered a sub and a few other things from Publix. Instacart delivered it and I was able to track its progress from the store to the resort. I was waiting by Bell Services to receive it while my husband hung out at the pool with our son. It was not a big deal nor time-consuming at all. I ate the sub poolside too. It was really good and I got some envious looks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom