• yes

Votes: 171 43.5%
  • no

Votes: 222 56.5%

• Total voters

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
For 2021 they are going to use the trendy color from 2015? That makes no sense.

Maybe if you are a group of 50 year old execs living in Orlando who still think its 2015 it makes sense?

But it still doesn't make sense, since execs in Orlando would need to get buyoff from marketing folks in Southern California who would say "Rose Gold? Uh... it's not 2015".
Hey, if it can be 1970 in Tomorrowland, it can be 2015 at the Castle...

Walter Elias Disney

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....Cinderella's Castle will receive a fresh coat of paint, royal accoutrements, cutting-edge lighting, and other enhancements. Rose gold could be utilized for trim, but not for the entire castle.

Kane88

I’ve seen a lot of jokes about how Rose Gold was so 5 years ago. I wonder when planning for the castle began...

RSoxNo1

Bob Chapek says stop being an old fart.😉
So they should listen to the forum culture?
This is very much Disney listening to an Apple announcement meeting when they talk about phone colors and the bloggers lose their mind.

Having said that, they could paint the castle rose gold and it could look awesome, but the marketing push is the trendy "rose gold" color. They've never advertised when Glidden paint swatch they've used previously, and if they start doing this now it will get some eye rolls, that's all.

Tony the Tigger

@marni1971 has stated that Disney considered installing permanent LED lights into the castle. They would be unobtrusive and allow year round manipulation. He could be more specific, but it would have essentially rendered the lights irrelevant. While I appreciate the attempt to mitigate a crane in millions of photos, there’s still a spot in Fantasyland blocked off each year. One might think that eliminating that ugly spot each year would be a priority. But no...

Thanks @Tony the Tigger for clearing this up! We were stupid to be commenting on a rumor on a Disney RUMORS and News board. What were we thinking? That this was a place to talk about rumors? And it’s totally NOT plausible that Disney would paint the castle Rose Gold, what a silly rumor. And let’s all face it, a Rose Gold castle would be SO popular with guests! Poor Imagineering is martyr, they try their best but people care about details for some reason. What are these parks supposed to be, immersive worlds or something?

These are FACTS:
1) It is demonstrably false to say that a rose gold castle is keeping with the original artist’s intent. He intended it to be a more neutral and lifelike color.
2) As the rest of the Magic Kingdom was built, Cinderella’s Castle was its centerpiece and that centerpiece looked a certain way. That aesthetic dictated the entire park’s design
3) People LOVE the Castle and it has become a recognizable icon the world over
4) Changes to add hipness to iconic structures or areas usually are exciting at first, but age poorly over time
5) Disney has a propensity to leave “temporary” celebration items up for years after the celebration. Sleeping Beauty’s Castle and its ugly pink color post 50th. Epcot and the wand. Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the hat. The weird blue diamond roof that stayed around on their castle after Disneyland’s 60th.

That’s all the special knowledge I’ve got. I will also add my own opinion as well. Disney usually picks terrible decorations for their parties. Decorations so bad that they actually removed some of them at Disneyland (remember the “diamonds” on the turrets that quickly were abandoned).

Oh, and I like Cinderella’s Castle as it is. That’s it.

More facts:

Whatever it is, it’s temporary. React accordingly.

Whatever it is, it will not affect your life.

Whatever it is, they have every right to do it.

Whatever it is, some people will appreciate it, and some won’t.

Appropriate responses to the rumor:

1. Cool.
2. Shrug
3. Eew. (sans hysteria.)

Minthorne

I definitely heard from a Skyliner operator that the castle was being painted pink and the announcement of the acquisition of Mattel will be revealed with the 50th plans for Fantasyland to transition to Barbie’s Dreamland.

Last edited:

Pam Hates Penguins

I definitely heard from a Skyliner operator that the castle was being painted pink and the announcement of the acquisition of Mattel will be announced with the 50th plans for Fantasyland to transition to Barbie’s Dreamland.

Did you just get out of Oga's Cantina? If so, I'm gonna wait a little while, and then we'll talk about this.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I love rose gold........in certain very specific situations. It's often used IMO in places that it doesn't work very well

Brer Oswald

Hmmmm. Did my message get deleted? If so, that kinda hurts. I’ve been faithful to this board for 3 years now, and all my posts have been in the guidelines. I was curious to why an individual was upset about this place. Now I kinda see why. I love these boards, but it feels terrible to be silenced without much of a reason why.

ParkPeeker

Playing around with the iridescent idea. It looked better in my mind 😅, but here

Last edited:

_caleb

I think decorating the castle is a great way to celebrate. I do hope whatever they do is tasteful, though. Nothing that people don’t want in their vacation photos—like Stitch’s toilet paper or pink inflatables! I’m fine with gold, rose gold, iridescent, galaxy, etc.

Seems like they should also try to keep it simple, since we‘re really only talking about the daytime appearance of the castle. They can always use projections to add confetti, sparkles, and sprinkles after dark!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom