News Pandora and Dinoland to close early tomorrow at Disney's Animal Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, better late than never, I guess...
Commiseration to all those who planned full days in AK tomorrow.

Any word on what they did to the guests who used to have FP+s during those closure times?

Mr Mindcrime

My wife and I will be there tomorrow night and I can tell you first hand that I got a notification that our fast passes were cancelled and new fast passes for an earlier time were issued. I got this notification a week or two ago. Nothing else was said. We've been planning this night for months so it surely is a bummer.

dreamfinder

Does anybody know how often they've done this in the past (at any of the parks)? And do we think it's going to be more common?

It's fairly common, really depends on who is having conferences/conventions in the area. Uni does it a fair amount as well. Think Microsoft has rented out both US and IoA for the night when they are in town for Ignite (25k attendees or so). I think the early closure is a bit more unique, usually they will just take it from like 9P - Midnight, basically private extra magic hours type scenario.

Wendy Pleakley

It's probably cheaper to rent out a park than people might think.

Disney sells After Hours events that generate (estimating) 3,000 people x $150 = $450,000.

That's small change for many large companies.

nickys

Premium Member
Well, better late than never, I guess...
Commiseration to all those who planned full days in AK tomorrow.

Any word on what they did to the guests who used to have FP+s during those closure times?

The FPs were changed, mostly to anytime ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom