Pressed pennies

debpeduz

Original Poster
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the pressed penny machines now $1.00? And, we also have to add in the penny, so it would cost $1.01? I’m starting to collect some coins for my kiddos for our trip in a couple of weeks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the pressed penny machines now $1.00? And, we also have to add in the penny, so it would cost $1.01? I’m starting to collect some coins for my kiddos for our trip in a couple of weeks.

I remember seeing a ton of 51 cent machines around still in June. There are some newer machines that don’t take coins at all. They may be a buck.

Phonedave

I believe the pennies are pre-pressed in the new machines, and you basically buy them all at once.

On one had, I can see this, because less and less people are carrying change. But people who are into pressed pennies (really into it) like to use their own. That way they can use pre 1982 pennies, and shine them up before pressing.

Gillyanne

I too was disappointed to see some of the quarter penny machines no longer in some areas, but we did still find quite a few of the old style when we were there last week.

I did come across the new versions as well, but as I didn't have any bills I didn't pay much mind, so I just hit up youtube and found this video:

Looks like if you have the bills it's just $1 bill to 1 penny (they give the penny) but if you swipe the card, you will be paying for and getting all the pennies in the machine.

I do recall the other machines that had been around for a while (I think some is in the exit at Space Ranger Spin) that have the Credit Card only that are like 8 coins or something that you have to get all the coins there as well.

Driver

Just a note, some of the more expensive machines press "quarters" if you go to guest relations they can print all the pages of the list that has all the locations of every machine. And all the different designs, there are some that are part of a series. I took the list and did the math about a year ago,and to get every coin on the list would cost a few hundred dollars. That's a lot of quarters!!

Gillyanne

Just a note, some of the more expensive machines press "quarters" if you go to guest relations they can print all the pages of the list that has all the locations of every machine. And all the different designs, there are some that are part of a series. I took the list and did the math about a year ago,and to get every coin on the list would cost a few hundred dollars. That's a lot of quarters!!

Rob Plays did a video on how much it would cost, but it was back when the pennies were all 2 quarter machines, I'll wonder if he'll update it for the new bill machines....

Disney Drew

debpeduz

Original Poster
Awesome advice. We aren’t collectors-just thought it was something different for the kids to do, especially while we are in Epcot enjoying F&W Festival!

SirWillow

There are a mix of different machines around the parks. There are the old style ones that are 51 cents (2 quarters and the penny), and they are still around in abundance. There are also new ones that will give you all the pennies in the machine for a swipe of the card- and they provide the penny. Not as much fun. There are also still around the occasional dime, nickel, and quarter press machines as well. So there's a pretty good variety.

you have 2 options to find out where they are- Guest Relations should have a fairly complete list available that they can give you, though if they've moved any machines in the last month or two those changes might not be there. Also the MDE should list machine locations as well. We've used both the WDW and Disneyland versions and had them on there- though not every machine was listed so you still want to keep your eyes out for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom