News Astro Orbiter Problems?

DAK1928

Could this be due to wanting to block view of Tron construction?

I haven't been on it in years and can't recall view, but it would seem logical as it would also create some risk with hungry bloggers and unsecured cameras galore.

tparris

Could this be due to wanting to block view of Tron construction?

I haven't been on it in years and can't recall view, but it would seem logical as it would also create some risk with hungry bloggers and unsecured cameras galore.
That wouldnā€™t make any sense because the PeopleMover and Barnstormer queue offer fantastic, unobstructed views of Tron, and they arenā€™t closed.

ToTBellHop

I'm sure the five people who love this ride are very sad it's closed.
Hey, now. When there's the typical 45-minute wait, there are AT LEAST 16 people in line.

It's a simple spinner and loads slower than the Carousel (which is also simple). Honest question: do they staff the buffoons on rides like these and put the CMs with actual brains on Space Mtn, Mansion, etc.?

trainplane3

Hey, now. When there's the typical 45-minute wait, there are AT LEAST 16 people in line.

It's a simple spinner and loads slower than the Carousel (which is also simple). Honest question: do they staff the buffoons on rides like these and put the CMs with actual brains on Space Mtn, Mansion, etc.?
Maybe the elevators scare/drop IQ points by default?

Kman101

So are there actual problems? Are they just not in a hurry? Have I missed the reason both this and Whirl are down? They can demo Whirl for all I care ...

And it'd be a shame for Disneyland to go through all that work and not move the real crowd blocker: Astro on the ground. I hope that's part of their plans in the future.

tissandtully

Ah, you do not know the epic load time that is Big Bird's Whirly Birdie at Busch Gardens Tampa. At least an hour wait with 10 people in line. The unload takes about 10-15 minutes. I am not kidding.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, PF was so low capacity they had to restrict it to no adults without kids. Itā€™s still a miserable wait.
It should have been a family of 8 pteranodons flying like geese. Who though two seats was enough? The same people who built dueling inverted coasters 250 yards away to ensure adequate capacity? Iā€™m shocked PF isnā€™t being pulled for Velocicoaster.

But we are well off topic lol. What else is new.

General Mayhem

It should have been a family of 8 pteranodons flying like geese. Who though two seats was enough? The same people who built dueling inverted coasters 250 yards away to ensure adequate capacity? Iā€™m shocked PF isnā€™t being pulled for Velocicoaster.

But we are well off topic lol. What else is new.
During the planning stages there was supposed to be a break section and an extra set of track. "Value engineering" came in and cut it for costs and we got the ridiculously low capacity version you see today.

TiggersPooh

Youā€™re a real peach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom