News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

Castle Cake Apologist

Another site is reporting this will reopen in August now with new exhibits. The rainforest area will be gone and areas that focus on Disney animation and the connection to nature will debut.

But will Song of the Rainforest with Grandmother Willow return? A true E-ticket if there ever was one. 😅

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Read that yesterday when a friend asked me about it. What stuck out to me was the information about the reopening and plans were coming from a CM standing out front of the normal access point for the train... Not that I am saying a CM in front of the entrance might not be correct, but I would prefer to hear confirmation from someone else up hire than that before reporting it (if I had a website.)

CMs are not unreliable sources when it comes to the attractions they work. Usually. :)

awoogala

I do as well.
My two teenagers were in tears because it was closed our last trip. That is one of their favorite parts of AK. (and yes, it is very zoo-like, but we adore zoos, and my son is planning on studying zoology.). We spent well over an hour there last time- between the animal surgery, the displays, talking to the keepers, learning every single goat's personality (seriously, my son spoke to the keeper's at length, learned all the names, etc.) We still love the rainforest sound booths. So, I sigh every time someone starts in on how they should close it down. My 16 year old loves roller coasters, rides.. and Rafiki's.

kurtk

Did RPW ever open this summer? We were there in early June and it wasn't open then. If it didn't, any word on status?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom