Whispering Canyon - do they do takeout?

mdcpr

Original Poster
I got a reservation for Whispering Canyon, but my sensory kid and husband will not be able to handle the noise. We do want to from there because the menu looks delicious. Would they do take out? Do restaurants at WDW do take out at all?

Thank you!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Disney table service restaurants are not equipped for take-out. The best they offer is a small container for leftovers.

Similar WC items are on the room service menu at WL. Perhaps that may help with your situation?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I thought they stopped the loud antics there... might want to give them a call and find out.
They have not (ate there last week.) It has been toned down, but still could be startling for a child with sensory issues.

Hey @mdcpr, would noise-cancelling headphones be a solution for your son? He could eat and watch without being subjected to the noise.

Mrhappyplace

On our honeymoon at Wilderness lodge we found we had some excess dinning credits when we were checking out. As we had driven we thought we would order some meals from Whispering Canyon for the drive home. At that time they had no problem giving us meals to go but that was close to 6 years ago so it is entirely possible things have changed since then.

ToTBellHop

We're staying at WL, that's why I was king about Whispering Canyon. Thank you for the AK recommendation, I might add this to the plan.
I don’t know how sensitive your kid is, but there is a small room at the far end of the restaurant (close to the entrance to Artist Point) that is far quieter (as in—we asked to be moved back to the main room as we felt left out of the games). You could ask to be there and then if your kid still is uneasy, ask for the food to be bagged up for you. That they can do. We did Artist Point when the boys were 2 and ended up being too noisy (no one complained but we felt embarrassed). Took our entire meal to go with no issue.

mdcpr

Original Poster
I don’t know how sensitive your kid is, but there is a small room at the far end of the restaurant (close to the entrance to Artist Point) that is far quieter (as in—we asked to be moved back to the main room as we felt left out of the games). You could ask to be there and then if your kid still is uneasy, ask for the food to be bagged up for you. That they can do. We did Artist Point when the boys were 2 and ended up being too noisy (no one complained but we felt embarrassed). Took our entire meal to go with no issue.
Thank you! I’ll look into this.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Whispering Canyon can get a tad too noisy, even for the shy and quiet type adults, imo. I get that the name of this restaurant is supposed to be a fun "tongue-in cheek" thing. But it can be deceiving to some.

Tom P.

How does a child with such sensory issues handle the controlled chaos that is Walt Disney World in general? Please understand, I am not being snarky. I am genuinely curious.

Heppenheimer

Hint: if you want to limit the noise, you can opt out of the show, and your servers will simply act like normal waiters. And whatever you do, don't ask for ketchup.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hint: if you want to limit the noise, you can opt out of the show, and your servers will simply act like normal waiters. And whatever you do, don't ask for ketchup.
And there is* a quiet seating area behind the fireplace... ask your host/ess if you can be seated back there.

* or used to be, if it hasn't been repurposed into a DVC booth...

andrew870

I did get a small order to go last year. I walked up to the check in desk and explained what I needed and they took care of the order there. It did take some time but I was on my way with my order.

mdcpr

Original Poster
How does a child with such sensory issues handle the controlled chaos that is Walt Disney World in general? Please understand, I am not being snarky. I am genuinely curious.
Actually, this is a very good question. My son loves food and likes to focus when he eats. He doesn’t like to be interrupted by antics. He truly enjoys mealtime. On the other hand, chaos around him while walking doesn’t face him. We have been in the middle of Times Square and he’s perfectly fine.

correcaminos

I got a reservation for Whispering Canyon, but my sensory kid and husband will not be able to handle the noise. We do want to from there because the menu looks delicious. Would they do take out? Do restaurants at WDW do take out at all?

Thank you!
there is a more quiet area at the back of the restaurant. I also find that lunch is a bit more quiet (and not as crowded) versus dinner. They don't do take out as far as I know, but Disney is very accommodating for those with special needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom