The Mandalorian

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Been excited for this show since they originally announced Lucas was working on a seedy/underside of the Star Wars universe show in the mid 2000s.

I'm sure there's nothing that really connects that work with this show, but if I was stoked when Lucas was doing it, I'm even more stoked with Favreau doing it. This looks amazing.

Any idea if this is just one season or is the intent to do multiple seasons?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not sure but this brings up a good point. If they're not careful, their servers may crash on 11/12/19.
That is what I am worried about. I am already expecting to have to download and cast to my TV for the first few days to get decent quality. I don't want an issue with sign up as well.

tk924

It's also been said that with The Mandalorian the release schedule is one episode per week. If that's the case, then you will not be able to finish S1 until late Dec or early Jan with the new season of The Clone Wars to debut right after. So no dropping the D+ subscription if you're only there for SW content. Clever, Disney.

odmichael

It's also been said that with The Mandalorian the release schedule is one episode per week. If that's the case, then you will not be able to finish S1 until late Dec or early Jan with the new season of The Clone Wars to debut right after. So no dropping the D+ subscription if you're only there for SW content. Clever, Disney.
Mandalorian season 1 is 8 episodes. If you look at the calendar, the last episode would be released New Years Eve.

I am extremely excited for Disney+ but they will really be lacking in other adult-worthy content until 2020.

erasure fan1

That is what I am worried about. I am already expecting to have to download and cast to my TV for the first few days to get decent quality. I don't want an issue with sign up as well.
Well, Disney doesn't have the greatest track record with online technology. I think what I will be most surprised about with Disney+, is if it actually works. If I was a betting man, I'd say we are in for a rough first month or so.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well, Disney doesn't have the greatest track record with online technology. I think what I will be most surprised about with Disney+, is if it actually works. If I was a betting man, I'd say we are in for a rough first month or so.
It will work. They bought the best streaming company out there a couple years ago. The streaming end of this should be a-ok.

I mean, I hope....

gmajew

Premium Member
This show gives me hope they can continue to make great material after the Skywalker story is over....I was and still am really worried that they can do that and keep peoples interest.

My concern is not having a connection to the existing world or stories will lose its star wars feel... It may look like it and have cool ships but can they really build a world with out jedi's?

Mike S

Original Poster
The Mandalorian Will Explain How the First Order Came To Be
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/...he-first-order-came-to-be#ZlsVgiuzM9QszdC2.99
Jeez, that would’ve been helpful like 4 years ago. It is a pretty big question of how such a huge organization formed after the fall of the Empire. The formation of the Empire itself wasn’t as big of a question because it was just there at the beginning of the first Star Wars Trilogy so it was easy to accept as something that just exists.

It’s like this,

Movie makers, 1977: “Ok, here are the good guys, here are the bad guys.”

Audience: “Great.”

Movie makers, 2015: “Ok, here’s your old good guys, some new good guys, and all new bad guys!”

Audience: “The other big bad guys were defeated. Where did these bad guys come from, and how did they build that huge base in secret?”

Movie makers: 🤐

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Jeez, that would’ve been helpful like 4 years ago. It is a pretty big question of how such a huge organization formed after the fall of the Empire. The formation of the Empire itself wasn’t as big of a question because it was just there at the beginning of the first Star Wars Trilogy so it was easy to accept as something that just exists.

It’s like this,

Movie makers, 1977: “Ok, here are the good guys, here are the bad guys.”

Audience: “Great.”

Movie makers, 2015: “Ok, here’s your old good guys, some new good guys, and all new bad guys!”

Audience: “The other big bad guys were defeated. Where did these bad guys come from, and how did they build that huge base in secret?”

Movie makers: 🤐
It is in the novels, but a little bit of expose in the opening crawl covering the 30 year gap would have been nice for the 98% of those in the theater that don't read them.

But to be fair, there was next to zero expose for New Hope and no one complained.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It is in the novels, but a little bit of expose in the opening crawl covering the 30 year gap would have been nice for the 98% of those in the theater that don't read them.

But to be fair, there was next to zero expose for New Hope and no one complained.

Remember what happens when you get Star Wars to explain itself: midochlorians!!

Mike S

Original Poster

A New Hope didn’t need anything because all of it was brand new. It was the very first story told as I already explained. As the story goes on though more explanations for certain events are needed. A new big bad after the Emperor and the Empire? Yeah, people might want to know where they came from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom