Predictions! Secret WDC Project — August 22 @ D23

BrianLo

Everyone who expected more had no one but themselves to blame...

Secret project, Disney quietly added to the schedule, not in the parks and resorts panel, not in the big hall.

WDWMagic: So, it’s definitely P&R and it’s definitely a huge announcement.

Cheer up everyone, you’ll ACTUALLY get P&R announcements in the actual P&R panel.

Ojo4

So should we expect Iger to be doing a live reading of this new book for an hour this weekend?

This was obviously a backup plan, Disney looks really stupid with these last minute billion dollar decisions.... You shouldn't have any doubt when spending this kind of money, especially the day of

Capsin4

Common sense is expecting something exciting out of the term "Secret Project." lol
If this is it, it’s not a secret project. It’s an unannounced project. Lots of things people don’t know about aren’t secrets. Lots of things that aren’t announced aren’t secret. They knew what they were doing and why? To sell some more books?

Disney is getting good at being underwhelming.

Rteetz

The timing was weird, they dropped the "Secret Project" on the schedule shortly (like an hour) after Universal announced their new Epic Universe park, shopping area, and hotel, which people would assume was some sort of response to this. So this probably deserves all the hell it gets.
I don’t know if that timing was planned but it could’ve been coincidental.

thenerdbaker

This is 100% not worth even mentioning before the actual event. If this was meant to actually be the secret announcement it would seem as if they wanted to distract not actually surprise. I just can't imagine this was the big announcement. In today's world hinting at an announcement will get hype. We all get info so quickly that any time a company hints and makes us wait we get hyped. If it's not instant it must be important and big. Not saying we should live like this but it is the culture now. They should have known better tbh. It will however lower everyones expectations of D23 as a whole for better or worse.

CF_Fighter

Ah, it was fun thinking it was going to be a new park, especially because it was announced within days of the Universal announcement. I'm not outraged at Disney, but I will definitely say this announcement was quite the "surprise". Good or bad? I will leave that up to you.

AdamNV87

I'm not mad about the project itself, but the way that Disney handled all of it. This could've been announced during the Disney+ panel tomorrow. They literally did not have to put 'Secret Project' on the D23 schedule. That in itself is hype and they know that.
Sums up my feelings exactly.

I have no problem with this book, documentary. I am happy Disney is doing this to honor the cast members and all of the hard work they put forth daily to keep the parks going.

But this was no way to lead up to the reveal. It's not the product most of us are disappointed with. It's the presentation.

matt9112

The timing was weird, they dropped the "Secret Project" on the schedule shortly (like an hour) after Universal announced their new Epic Universe park, shopping area, and hotel, which people would assume was some sort of response to this. So this probably deserves all the hell it gets.

Troll or not i buy into it having been big expensive plans and than....there now a meme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom