News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

pdude81

My take here is that it they need to upgrade the capacity of the IG entrance before opening that line. Just speculation of course, but even in late Sept they are likely to set it so that the doors don't open at the Riviera station.

But without new bioreconstruct photos I have no idea if that's feasible. Two weeks ago it was still a dirt lot

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I was really hoping for the gondolas to open during my stay at Pop next week. It won't happen. Oh well... next time! 😌

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I’m not sure of the reason for its delay. I suspect something Riviera-related.

My take here is that it they need to upgrade the capacity of the IG entrance before opening that line. Just speculation of course, but even in late Sept they are likely to set it so that the doors don't open at the Riviera station.

But without new bioreconstruct photos I have no idea if that's feasible. Two weeks ago it was still a dirt lot

I was assuming the same as well - that it had to do with the reduced capacity of the IG and they wanted that fully up and running before they allowed passengers on the EPCOT line.

joelkfla

The fact that the Riviera station is now on the CBR resort map suggests to me that they intend to open it before Riviera resort. Whether that'll be by 9/29, I don't know, but a heck of a lot can be completed in 6 weeks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The fact that the Riviera station is now on the CBR resort map suggests to me that they intend to open it before Riviera resort. Whether that'll be by 9/29, I don't know, but a heck of a lot can be completed in 6 weeks.

Riviera opens in December. The full gondola system opens in September.

Therefor, the is nothing about Riviera being open or ready or occupied that would delay the opening of the IG-CBR line because the plan is for it to open way before the Riviera is open.

joelkfla

Riviera opens in December. The full gondola system opens in September.

Therefor, the is nothing about Riviera being open or ready or occupied that would delay the opening of the IG-CBR line because the plan is for it to open way before the Riviera is open.
I agree, I was addressing PP's opinion that the Riviera station would not open with the line.

pdude81

I agree, I was addressing PP's opinion that the Riviera station would not open with the line.
We'll have to see how that shakes out, but I don't see them allowing people to wander the Riviera grounds or lobby while they are wrapping up construction. They could allow the walk up to that station from Aruba at CBR but then they'd have to block off different paths so you could get to the skyliner but not farther. My guess is that they would just send everyone to the main CBR station until they start letting people into Riviera for DVC tours, but it could go either way.

begood524

We'll have to see how that shakes out, but I don't see them allowing people to wander the Riviera grounds or lobby while they are wrapping up construction. They could allow the walk up to that station from Aruba at CBR but then they'd have to block off different paths so you could get to the skyliner but not farther. My guess is that they would just send everyone to the main CBR station until they start letting people into Riviera for DVC tours, but it could go either way.
The map on MDE seems to suggest that the station will take CBR guests - the station itself is already visible and the paths from CBR connect to it - maybe they'll just fence off the path to the hotel?

pdude81

The map on MDE seems to suggest that the station will take CBR guests - the station itself is already visible and the paths from CBR connect to it - maybe they'll just fence off the path to the hotel?
It certainly will take guests from there whenever the station opens. And they could block off the Riviera from Aruba while allowing station access but that means changing where the barricades are from there as well as blocking off the other entry exit points from the station to get anywhere else. This bioreconstruct pic is from 2 weeks or so ago and it looks like a low see through fence along the water path and it looks like they may want to do some more work there on the shoreline for grass, drainage, and landscaping.

link - picture is huge

My thoughts are that this is more trouble than it's worth until the exterior of this area is largely finished. So if that is done by 9/29 then great, but that only benefits one area of CBR since Martinique would still be blocked from the other side and have to take the bridge.

trainplane3

It certainly will take guests from there whenever the station opens. And they could block off the Riviera from Aruba while allowing station access but that means changing where the barricades are from there as well as blocking off the other entry exit points from the station to get anywhere else. This bioreconstruct pic is from 2 weeks or so ago and it looks like a low see through fence along the water path and it looks like they may want to do some more work there on the shoreline for grass, drainage, and landscaping.

link - picture is huge

My thoughts are that this is more trouble than it's worth until the exterior of this area is largely finished. So if that is done by 9/29 then great, but that only benefits one area of CBR since Martinique would still be blocked from the other side and have to take the bridge.
Just a picky point, you want the picture to be huger and fuller quality-er? Replace "large" with "orig" at the end:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAghGugWwAEzCSI.jpg:orig
It's now full quality and doubled in resolution.

trainplane3

Cool, thanks. I just didn't want it to show really big in the window, but didn't know about that bit for full res. Looks a lot better than ctrl-scroll.
No problem. Bio uploads a decent amount of high quality pictures to Twitter and they get bumped down in quality. That little trick restores them and makes for a much better image when looking for details.

joelkfla

All it takes is a single fence like so:

That gives full access from CBR and matches the configuration on the map:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom