One Little Spark- Season 2: The Quest for More Views

tcool123

For the food, I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of Middle Eastern cuisine. That being said, the way you presented your menus as well as making the entire menu Halal due to the nation's heavy Islamic faith I think was an amazing touch. Also, the fact that you sort of Americanized the cuisine was also a good touch. Like I said, I personally am not big into Middle Eastern cuisine, but you made the cuisine very accessible to outsiders. The only thing I'll call you out on is the cocktail menu. Most Islamic countries don't serve alcohol due to it being against their faith. That being said, it's such a minor thing in an otherwise really well done land, I'll let it slide. This time ;)
I usually dont reply to these reviews but Bahrain is an exception in places such as hotels and to non muslims alcohol is allowed 😉

However you are correct on many countries in the Middle East forbidding the sale of alcohol, I just got lucky when looking into the culture for the pavilion 😅

NateD1226

So the Nile Mud House may just be the most boring and educational thing I've ever seen in Armchair Imagineering.... And I am HERE for it!
1na7nj.jpg

PerGron

@Tux -New Zealand

First off, big thank you for not doing Australia. Australia belongs in Animal Kingdom, not Epcot, and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. Name a time and place. But I digress. New Zealand is a really creative idea, and not including a LotR attraction would have taken me too much willpower, so I commend you on that (although, I wouldn't have complained if you had).

The Carousel is a great idea, although I can imagine the battles between people to ride the dog. I mean, I'd throw some hands to ride the dog, I imagine some others would too. That wasn't a critique or anything, just a thought.

Kupe Me Te Taniwha's is a solid idea but I'm a bit confused on how it works. Are these screens? Animatronics? What do they look like? I think some more description as well as a few pictures would have really helped your presentation.

The food really sounds good, like a neat combination of Maori and English cuisine. It's food that I'd definitely check out. Overall, not the most ambitious project, but definitely an interesting addition to the World Showcase.

-Points No Map

=================================================================
@kmbmw777- Fiji

Alright, so I must admit, I was worried about Fiji as an inclusion. I felt like it stole some thunder from the Polynesian Resort, or more, that it would feel redundant because of the Poly. That being said, I do think you swayed me into the belief that, yes, Fiji could definitely fit!

The shop is a lot of fun, and I really hope that two of the items mentioned in that link would be sold: Cannibal Forks and Island (Dad) Shirts. I wear more Dad shirts than any actual fathers I know, and any place on property to buy Disney themed Dad Shirts would get all of my money immediately.

The dining location resembles 'Ohana a lot, but that being said, Ohana is my favorite restaurant on property and Polynesian cuisine is probably in my top 3 exotic cuisines, so I'm not complaining at all.

As for the Moana attraction, I think you did a great job with an innovative attraction that ties in a popular property.

I also wanted to commend your innovative idea for the whole pavilion being on the water. I think that really pushes it over the top for me. A solid idea for sure.

Overall, Fiji was a really fun pavilion with a neat gimmic, some great shopping and dining, and an innovative attraction. I really did enjoy this one.

+Points for Map
=================================================================

@Sam4D23 -European Mountains

I've gotta say, Outbound said it all better than I could. Your project is incredibly ambitious, but I do think that ambition comes at a cost.

While you definitely did give some worthy improvements to Germany and Italy (two of my least favorite current pavilions) I feel like the lack of detail here hurt it. Same thing with Czechia. I know almost nothing about modern day Czechia and I really would have loved to learn more, but overall, the presentation itself just lacks detail.

That being said, I do love the details you did put in, and your ambition really does shine through in this project. Plus, and no offense to anyone else's map, but your map stole the show. I absolutely adored your work.

While I'd prefer more detail, your project really was amazing and I definitely enjoyed reading it!

PerGron

@PerGronStudio, have you any travel advice for my trip to Malaysia in August? Any must-see sights? Any must-eat foods? (Civet coffee FTW!)

I spent most of my time living in a tent and shack in Taman Negara a national park in Pahang which was a gorgeous park that I highly recommend if you're into nature. There are some amazing animals and plants in the region and the salt licks (the best place to locate tigers) are gorgeous as well.

I really only ventured out of the park a few times to visit the Zoo Negara (not far from the park) which has pandas and stuff. Plus a great tiger research program.

I don't know how in to animals you are, but I'd highly recommend both if you'll be on the Malaysia Peninsula. As for food, I mostly ate soups and stews cooked at camp, but for the few traditional meals I had, I really enjoyed Rendang which I actually took a recipe for and make at home sometimes, as well as civet coffee which was expensive as heck, but probably the best cup of joe I've ever had. Just make sure to ethically source it before drinking it. Most shops are good about ethically sourcing it, I wouldn't get it from street brewers though.

Those are NatureMan TM's recommendations.

Edit: Also Durian. Durian smells terrible but tastes amazing. Try durian

Outbound

Original Poster

Very disappointed in this round. No Sealand Pavillion :p

Power Play Victor

@Sam4D23 of Team Red!

Third Place
This pavilion shows great ingenuity with its attractions, taking a more well-known country and using its rich culture to make create a land dedicated to adventure.
@NateD1226 - Egypt

Second Place
This pavilion uses some amazing artwork to tell the story of a nation's history and thrives despite the absence of a common Disney trend.
@D Hindley - Malaysia

First Place
This pavilion focuses on land both judges barely knew of beforehand, featuring incredible attention to detail.
@tcool123 - Bahrain

Overall Team Victor

Congratulations!

Team Red brought it this round, delivering a series of great projects unified by some awesome art by @D Hindley . Each project felt as if it were part of a larger whole.

2 - 1

tcool123

No Sealand Pavillion :p
My dear sir I would, but you see I feel like it is a country I go to base a pavilion on too often.

Sealand

Sealand.jpg

Guests visiting the World Showcase will be greeted by the first new country added, the mighty nation of Sealand! This brand new pavilion will be built to a 1:1 scale, yes the only pavilion that is the size of its actual country. Here guests will be able to dine on the cuisine prepared for the royal family themselves. The fun doesn't end there, located in either column of the base guests will be able to watch a Circlevision show based on the history and culture of this mighty nation, or guests can exchange their currency for Sealand coins!

Flash forward to 2017, and Bob Iger purchases the mighty nation for 906 million dollars; it is expected that the nation will be a Disney Cruise Line exclusive destination.​

As you can see I couldn't possibly repeat myself on these very forums as to do so would be a disgrace to Sealand's might as a may come off as a mere shadow of my first attempt. :p

Outbound

Original Poster
Sh6GPAK2qyNqeEa0Gog0mJF7z9jOfGgJbS6UU1Vd9ZUSBHRFKm4Om3TpGXXM2r5M8iLGGTsWUJuXLO8eIfGlmxLSCRoWCcl-KuNF5oq-4bMPOU22COef7cdq0lAzRsIhH4HPm2kP

With the conclusion of Act One, the gang set out for Universal Orlando.

Unfortunately, the Society of Explorers and Adventurers were hot on their trail. At their worldwide base, the Helicarrier, SEA identified the Dream Machine headed for Universal and quickly set off without checking their work.

But when they arrived at the scene... no one was there! Indeed, this had all be a giant fake by those in the Grand Theft Dirigible. The stolen vehicle was actually still at Disney World!

So SEA won't be messing with us for a little while.

Unfortunately, three of the party didn't get the message and went to Universal Orlando anyway. Please allow for a moment of silence for-
@D Hindley
@FireMountain
@Evilgidgit

With three down on Team Red, pilots Outbound and PerGron needed to shuffle some of the teams up. Therefore they called for Team Green to bring them their "fiercest warrior".

108808.jpg

As the solo winner of the prior round, @tcool123 was determined to be a good replacement for Team Red's three fallen comrades. Starting with Act Two, @tcool123 has now joined Team Red.

And with that all out of the way, Act Two can properly begin. The only question now - where to next?
ekD6yvIOqwwCjUzufR4xTrH9j6b2hDeBN3qjvaLdTWMhXBGEc6WDOP-ZqBCWCKJTpObdKU7eRlMPK3gujazXGihQ14JMmFswqZy-tmMrgGfS2s17nzN1l7rR4MJuahstpUD1hJGf

tcool123

With three down on Team Red, pilots Outbound and PerGron needed to shuffle some of the teams up. Therefore they called for Team Green to bring them their "fiercest warrior".

108808.jpg

As the solo winner of the prior round, @tcool123 was determined to be a good replacement for Team Red's three fallen comrades. Starting with Act Two, @tcool123 has now joined Team Red.
giphy.gif

Outbound

Original Poster
toz4fF3rnQaiEjCRabeGO75jfaCQFz8d-8U2NvGyIa4tGCksA8UsE6Dqk_VBhiwrkjM27lrWm6YlID4deGi94TrH0VoZh-aq8BOXK7XvEuTuHTENOPzi8mSSVS-rlFlok5Qz4IVn

pM7Eb2RnumzfMaktXq-wr3LzSYVupC1LJyDB1hC7EiKJBf9KwT6PY4yTlKemVkIQc-m2ZGVaudpSgCWlUNIEVDqrpI-96_EQdd6ToL_ooQInWWpSLDpsUT1g4X64mu8c5KGX1h8z

Our fourth stop is where it all began in Orlando, the Magic Kingdom. Disney’s Magic Kingdom is well known for its thrilling “mountains”- three shining peaks representing our hopes and dreams for Tomorrow, the everlasting ambition of the Frontier, and the squabbles of some random animals. All three are equally pivotal to the American Dream.

This week teams will add a fourth mountain to the Magic Kingdom… that is not bald or fire.
- This scene will be an All For One- Group Based Project. Meaning your whole team will work together to make the project.
- Bald Mountain and Fire Mountain have both been done many times before. This prompt’s challenge is all about you building something new.
- The Mountain can be in any land. It may be part of new land, but if you go that route, keep the focus on this attraction.

This challenge is due in seven days. Thursday, August 8th at 11:59 AM WDW Time, or Thursday, August 8th at 8:59 PM Disneyland Time.

Best of luck to both teams!

Sam Magic

Sh6GPAK2qyNqeEa0Gog0mJF7z9jOfGgJbS6UU1Vd9ZUSBHRFKm4Om3TpGXXM2r5M8iLGGTsWUJuXLO8eIfGlmxLSCRoWCcl-KuNF5oq-4bMPOU22COef7cdq0lAzRsIhH4HPm2kP

With the conclusion of Act One, the gang set out for Universal Orlando.
View attachment 395318

Unfortunately, the Society of Explorers and Adventurers were hot on their trail. At their worldwide base, the Helicarrier, SEA identified the Dream Machine headed for Universal and quickly set off without checking their work.

View attachment 395319

But when they arrived at the scene... no one was there! Indeed, this had all be a giant fake by those in the Grand Theft Dirigible. The stolen vehicle was actually still at Disney World!

View attachment 395320
So SEA won't be messing with us for a little while.

Unfortunately, three of the party didn't get the message and went to Universal Orlando anyway. Please allow for a moment of silence for-
@D Hindley
@FireMountain
@Evilgidgit

108808.jpg

And with that all out of the way, Act Two can properly begin. The only question now - where to next?
ekD6yvIOqwwCjUzufR4xTrH9j6b2hDeBN3qjvaLdTWMhXBGEc6WDOP-ZqBCWCKJTpObdKU7eRlMPK3gujazXGihQ14JMmFswqZy-tmMrgGfS2s17nzN1l7rR4MJuahstpUD1hJGf
Did you just put Tcool and me on the same team?
giphy.gif

Outbound

Original Poster
IT'S THAT TIME...

This round's Power Play is all about presentation. For the past two team-based rounds, Team Green has opted for a website presentation, and Team Red for the classic forum-post presentation.

This round, teams may not use a forum post or website for their presentation. This is to encourage creativity in how you present your projects. Often times a great presentation can be the difference in a close race! You may use any other method of presentation, provided it is not a forum post or website.

Good luck!​

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

I'm really excited about the direction I'm taking my channel in the very near future, especially with some long needed focus on the parks side of things with shows focused on extinct Universal attractions as well a show in the grand style of "Podcast: The Ride" talking about nothing but queues and pre-shows, appropriately titled "Queue the Podcast!". One of the big advantages of this post-Hangouts apocalpytic timeline I'm finding myself in is that I actually have an excuse to focus on editing for a change. I'd love to start things up around here and help out in anyway I can to drum up momentum for what ya'll are working on. Obviously I kind of dropped the ball when it came to podcasting the last bit of SA, and I want to make up for that.

tcool123

Team Red Presents...

Mythica

Mythica is the Magic Kingdom’s latest addition to its collections of detailed lands that span themes such as adventure, westerns, fantasy, sci-fi, and patriotism. Now in addition to these themes myths join the family. Mythica offers a home for the classic Greek myths to find a new place to live on through exciting new roller coasters, enchanting boat rides, and entrancing new shows.

Mythica will be based off an Ancient Greek village settled amongst the rocky Mythika mountain chain which is named after the biggest peak in the chain, Mythika Mountain. This mountain chain allows for the existing backstage roads and areas to be hidden from the guests, and hides the current show buildings of Haunted Mansion, Small World, and the other attractions. While the high peak of Mythika Mountain from afar blends into the mountains utilized in the existing facades of The Little Mermaid and Be Our Guest.

Mythica - Presentation
Mythica - Transcript

EDIT: Added in the presentation. For the sake of fairness judge us for the transcript as that is what we submitted on time, and it would be unfair to Team Green if Team Red were granted additional time like that. With that said while the transcript may be for judging purposes, the presentation allows for us as at Team Red to show what our final vision was.

Last edited:

Outbound

Original Poster
Outbound's Reviews

WKqAY_GT9FQQPSmuR-k-pymSwoPs2d24Jy9HO_29ZkBWtqNIB4mnRDBHeSN-LYo9yp_NCSKvkYDT_7qmO8BYfn0S3vz2YjeOswPb4w8k65f9CRLMdUZFf8sxVUfKcwtkNLg4gDwr

EDIT: I initially wrote this review with the transcript in mind, then when I checked I realized you had updated the project into slides. Although we will have to judge from the transcript, I appreciate the extra effort and have changed some small parts of my review.

83 pages. That’s nearing the infamous 84 pages! But when I started looking into your project, I realized that the mountain - the focus of this prompt - was only 21 pages. That means 75% of your project were extra details to “Mythica” which weren’t part of the prompt.

This gave me cause for concern. But once I began reading, I realized the 25% dedicated to Mythica Mountain have incredible detail. There is not much else you could add, so instead of these extra features being a detractor from your project, I see them as a bonus. I will not talk about them much because they are not the focus, but know that I did appreciate their inclusion.

One question I have about the map is how it connects to the Rivers of America. I see that connects up to the “harbor”. Is this just for show? I think it would have been a neat opportunity to connect up Frontierland with Mythica if anything to avoid the “Toontown Bottleneck” Disneyland fans will know.

The area description and backstory are fantastic. They let us easily visualize your project. The “Greek Myths” theme is an oldie but goodie idea. It fits the Magic Kingdom’s “fantasy” segment perfectly. The pastoral symphony (yayy Fantasia!), Hercules show, and surrounding shops and dining are all great. It’s the small things, like featuring a map and menu of a restaurant no one asked for. You all deserve a pat on the back!

My favorite part of the entire project was one of the smallest features - the interaction with the railroad. You saw the railroad was in the way and used that to your advantage. I love the interaction between attractions!

The water coaster is a fun idea! It’s a combination of Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Carribean. I appreciate the use of Jason and the Argo, a well known yet not overused Greek Myth (Odyssey ahem..). Each scene was a blast. It is clear you put a lot of thought and research into each small detail. I agree with all the story changes made.

After reading through everything (it took a while lol), I can safely say there is nothing I can “dislike” about this project! It is definitely Team Red’s best work to date!
---
Both teams have submitted great projects for different reasons. Team Red was all about detail. Team Green was all about creativity. If I had to say anything to either team, it would be to read your opponent’s presentation and learn from what they have done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom