Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, two things I note:

1. USO didn't really have a big fireworks show. Now they can.

2. The fountain in the center has tiered seating to see whatever show is there. That's a step up from Epcot's set-up for seeing their show.
This looks like some sort of big arena show...

View attachment 395161

Knowing Universal, that will the the Classic Monsters Monster's Mash Rock Show in which, by including rock 'n roll, they can be relevant with the kids these days by playing music from the '60s.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I’m looking forward to this. My kids are too young right now for Universal so by the the time this gets finished they will be ready to go!

I'm in the same boat... but in 4-5 years when this park is open (and hopefully will have already had a year or two to break in by that point), it will be the perfect time to plan a week long, Universal ONLY vacation (by that time, three parks and a water park will be plenty to keep us busy for a 7 day trip without needing to go elsewhere to fill up some time.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Here's the lowest part of the Artist's Concept with the officially released image keeps cutting off. Seems to be a larger section of HtTYD...

Note because of the tilt of the camera angle, areas in the bottom of the big appear to be much larger than they are.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I’m not personally excited about the properties they chose other than Mario but will hold off on any further judgment until we receive concrete details.

There seems to be a stand-alone Pokemon attraction. The building right outside and below Monsterland. Some think that's a big Pikachu statue in front.

You like Pikachu, dontchya?!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
With the "Epic Universe" name... it would be cool if the themed sections kept that theme... so you would have Super Mario Galaxy, Dark Universe (classic monsters), Wizarding World (Fantastic Beasts).. not sure what you do with Dreamworks, but utilizing the fishing boy on the crescent moon logo as part of the entrance fits the theme nicely...

Jabbas

I'm in the same boat... but in 4-5 years when this park is open (and hopefully will have already had a year or two to break in by that point), it will be the perfect time to plan a week long, Universal ONLY vacation (by that time, three parks and a water park will be plenty to keep us busy for a 7 day trip without needing to go elsewhere to fill up some time.

Yes! This is a huge win for everybody. Orlando is turning into a show and I’m here for it!

Last edited by a moderator:

ToTBellHop

There seems to be a stand-alone Pokemon attraction. The building right outside and below Monsterland. Some think that's a big Pikachu statue in front.

No. I wanted Zelda. I find HTTYD to be over-rated, and Fantastic Beasts is mediocre at best. I hope they can come up with great rides for crappy properties. It’s been done before.

I’m left with an overwhelming feeling of, “you could have chosen any IPs for your nonsense-themed park and THESE made the cut?” I can honestly say, of all the world’s they’ve picked, Mario is the only one I’ve said, “I wish I could go there.”

The name is ridiculous. Universal’s Epic Universe? Really? WTH does that even mean? Islands of Adventure was a more compelling project.

Why did they need to build a 3rd (4th lol) park for these properties, again? There’s dead weight in the existing parks where these could fit.

Sped2424

No. I wanted Zelda. I find HTTYD to be over-rated, and Fantastic Beasts is mediocre at best. I hope they can come up with great rides for crappy properties. It’s been done before.

I’m left with an overwhelming feeling of, “you could have chosen any IPs for your nonsense-themed park and THESE made the cut?” I can honestly say, of all the world’s they’ve picked, Mario is the only one I’ve said, “I wish I could go there.”

The name is ridiculous. Universal’s Epic Universe? Really? WTH does that even mean? Islands of Adventure was a more compelling project.

Why did they need to build a 3rd (4th lol) park for these properties, again? There’s dead weight in the existing parks where these could fit.
I do think httyd is a strange property to build 4 years after the final film has come and gone. I don't think that ip has the staying power for an entire land of a flagship park. Also this concept art seems vague on purpose even Nintendo land has little to nothing that marks it as such.

Voxel

President of Progress City

I'm glad to be seeing this. I was sad when the original Pokemon ideas were taken off the table a few years ago. It looks like the made there way into this.

ToTBellHop

I do think httyd is a strange property to build 4 years after the final film has come and gone. I don't think that ip has the staying power for an entire land of a flagship park. Also this concept art seems vague on purpose even Nintendo land has little to nothing that marks it as such.
Yes, but I’m trying to not take the deliberately-vague concept art too literally. All I’m taking this as in an announcement of the concept. And I’m not impressed. But I wasn’t a huge Avatar fan and love FOP. I hope they pull this off and put the folks who worked on Hagrid’s coaster on this instead of the Fast and Furious folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom