Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Voxel

President of Progress City
So, it looks like four (definitive) sections... going counter clockwise, from the entrance (lower left on the image) we have one area with a dueling coaster, but tough to see what the theme might be. Next (going counter clockwise), there is a standalone building with almost a Mission Space feel followed by a themed section that looks to be placed within a city street similar to Diagon Alley (possibly Fantastic Beasts?). Continuing counterclockwise looks to be the hotel at the 12-O'clock position, then the section that is the hardest to distinguish (maybe the universal monsters section)? Last, counter clockwise... maybe Nintendo?
The Left looks like Mario and DK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If I had to guess though, that 14k is probably including construction.
There's a cracker plant being built about 15 minutes away from me. They raved about bring 1k jobs to the area and then cleared up the fact there'll be around a maximum of 300 employed once it's running.

Regardless when the parks battle, we all win. This should bring some more fun competition to the area.

Do we know how many people work at any of the other Universal or WDW parks as comparison?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Disappointed in the lack of detail.

Considering we know nothing (officially) about the T2 replacement or the Jurassic Park coaster and both are much further along in construction, I'm not surprised. That seems to be the trend in Orlando area theme parks now... release as little info as possible initially and keep guest attention by slowly trickling out new info between the initial announcement and the grand opening. They'll likely have a big announcement in a year or so just to announce the name of the dueling coaster (and it will be an announcement of the name only, no other details).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think many people outside of the parksrealize how big of an issue labor is. To make this new park work, Universal are going to have to poach Cast Members from Disney, and it looks like they may succeed by setting a $15 minimum.

Anyway, good news for the Orlando area economy, and hopefully good news for theme park workers to get a pay rate that they deserve.

Which also explains why this was one of the only details given in the announcement, got to start working on the labor issue.

lebeau

Having a hotel with an entrance directly into the park would be a way to one-up Disney. WDW has some that are close, but nothing with a private park entrance.

The problem with that is that you are 12 minutes away from the other two parks. I wonder if ExpressPass would be included. I believe I had heard that there would never be another hotel that included EP but something like this could change the rules.

Can't wait to find out more!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Blow ups...

seascape

If anyone thinks the starting pay will be $15.00 they are crazy. The resort will not open unti l 2023. There will be 14,000 jobs. Disney will also be adding thousands of jobs. Therefore the pay will have to be higher. I expect that within 4 years the pay will start at $18.00 an hour for both parks.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I know nothing about the land surrounding this, but will Fantastic Beasts be connected to the other HP sections?

They are physically quite a distance apart (unless Universal has found a way to make actual working Portkeys or Flu Networks)... but regardless, Fantastic Beasts takes place decades before the events of the main Harry Potter series, so it wouldn't make sense (and Rowling likely wouldn't allow) to connect the areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom