Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's Go to Disney: a 4th of July Extravaganza

Hello everyone! We are back from the World so I figured I should start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
424265731.jpeg

ANDDDD (you are not just stuck with the 2 of us)
My sister Elizabeth (we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
405625805.jpeg

Where?
The Contemporary :) This was Betta and Max's first stay at the Contemporary - Max's first Deluxe stay :)

When?
July 4-7, 2019

Why?
We all have off on Fridays so with the 4th being on a Thursday it was a free 4 day weekend!

The title?
Max liked to say that the 4 M's were going to Disney: Max, Mommy (Betta obviously), Megan, Mary :hilarious: My Mom pointed out the 4 M's and he loved it!

T-1 Day July 3, 2019
After work we headed to meet Betta and Max at the hotel we were staying at across the street from the airport. My sister and Max live about an hour away from us so it is much easier for them to stay at a hotel before a trip - especially one where we have to get up pretty early.
We had an incident bringing our suitcases up to the room and my Mom accidentally tripped on this sign so we felt the need to document it :hilarious:
giv+QBw+S5Gj0JEHe3R8kQ.jpg

c%OvHEx6SCaw7Hvr1d7LpQ.jpg

After we got Betta and Max settled into their room we headed to Cracker Barrel to get some dinner with my Dad before he dropped us off for the night.
We could see the airport from our room :)
Q9543DrpSKatUct8Kw9NIw.jpg

July 4, 2019 Day 1
We slept decently well and woke up at 4 am - this particular hotel we stayed in was much better than the usual one we stay in across from the airport so that was nice.
file-123.jpg

file-124.jpg

My sister drove us over to the Airport so we did not have to take the hotel shuttle. She parked in a lot I was very unfamiliar with and we ended up having to take a shuttle from there to the airport which took more time than I anticipated. Naturally I was stressed out. This parking lot is cheaper which makes sense but I am spoiled by where we usually park when we are with my Dad :joyfull:
Thankfully check-in and security were fast and we made our way to grab some food for breakfast.
IvU+CAKZRdSfMq6B0Jy4vw.jpg

My Mom and I had bagels
file-125.jpg

Max had some mini donuts and my sister had a breakfast sandwich
file-126.jpg

Next up: more traveling

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued
It started to rain again so we headed upstairs, got ready for bed and got ready to watch Happily Ever After from the balcony!
I was telling @sheriffwoody that I think the theme park view is especially worth it at night time. Everything looks so beautiful!
DSC_0818.JPG

DSC_0820.JPG

DSC_0821.JPG

DSC_0827.JPG

DSC_0829.JPG

The music for HEA was super clear from our balcony (unlike the 4th of July)
IMG_4387.JPG

IMG_4391.JPG

IMG_4394.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

IMG_4406.JPG

And that's it for the day!

Next up: Day 3/last full day

Ears to Disney

What beautiful pictures! We love that Mickey sculpture outside of the contemporary. Max's sand angel's are the best! That form is perfect! Definitely got some practice in from up here in snowy Buffalo! :) Champagne, cupcakes and HEA from the room...doesn't get any better than that!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
A DLP light fixture for you:
View attachment 391978

OMG so pretty thanks for sharing !

What beautiful pictures! We love that Mickey sculpture outside of the contemporary. Max's sand angel's are the best! That form is perfect! Definitely got some practice in from up here in snowy Buffalo! :) Champagne, cupcakes and HEA from the room...doesn't get any better than that!

Thank you!! haha and yes tons of practice in the snow :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 July 6, 2019
We got pretty early so that we could get ready and grab some breakfast to go at Contempo Cafe. We were on a mission to Rope Drop Slinky Dog because we could not get a FP for it and it is Max's favorite (well and ours too)
Breakfast to go :joyfull:
Max had a muffin and the rest of us had croissants
file-137.jpg

The bus times were not listed (the screen was literally off) so we planned on taking an uber. The wait time for the uber seemed excessive (probably because we were needing one with a car seat) but we booked it anyway. Of course a HS bus pulls around the corner so we canceled the uber and hopped on the bus instead.
Made it!
DSC_0840.JPG

DSC_0841.JPG

We did indeed rope drop Toy Story Land. I will say I underestimated how much harder it is to rope drop with a stroller :)
DSC_0849.JPG

DSC_0850.JPG

DSC_0857.JPG

DSC_0860.JPG

I never noticed until my sister pointed it out that a lot of the animals on the walls are made with springs like slinky dog :hilarious:
IMG_4426.JPG

I think overall we waited 25 minutes - some of that was just the ride not even being open yet :)
Max chose my Mom as his ride partner!
IMG_4427.JPG

Next up: more TSL

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
IMG_4428.JPG

Max had his arms up most of the ride and was screaming so loud - Betta and I were cracking up
467334379.jpeg

DSC_0863.JPG

After our ride we decided to wait for Alien Swirling Saucers
DSC_0865.JPG

DSC_0867.JPG

DSC_0868.JPG

This line was extra HOT - these little fans we got from Amazon were a lifesaver
IMG_4432.JPG

I proceeded to do a Max photoshoot in line ...I will share a few of the photos :)
We have no idea what these hand movements or face are :hilarious::hilarious:
DSC_0874.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

Next up: more HS

NessNewt

Ooo! 25 minutes for SDD isn't too bad. I'm trying to plan out RD for those in our crew who didn't get FP's. Do you know approximately what time you got to HS? Any other tips?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ooo! 25 minutes for SDD isn't too bad. I'm trying to plan out RD for those in our crew who didn't get FP's. Do you know approximately what time you got to HS? Any other tips?

We got there around 35 minutes before opening so we planned on getting one a bus around an hour before it opened. That was on a pretty low crowd day. Higher crowds I would say around 45 minutes early would work :) I wish there was a good strategy for when you get there but they run a very tight ship so essentially you just go where the CMs direct you. Once you get into TSL stay to the right because that is where the line starts !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
On the way out of TSL we found Forky! Side note: when I first saw Toy Story 4 I loved it but the more I thought about it the more I didn't really care for it. The story line just did not seem to fit with the rest of the movies. I did, however, love Forky :)
Max has not seen TS4 but he thinks Forky is "so funny" :hilarious::joyfull:
IMG_4444.JPG

IMG_4447.JPG

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

Stalker like photo of Bo Peep
DSC_0893.JPG

We actually changed our Fps around so we could burn them faster to pick up a FP for the evening - when hopefully it was not blazing hot - so we ended up with a FP for the Muppets
fullsizeoutput_36d4.jpeg

file-139.jpg

It was Max's first time seeing the show - he did not love the 3D but enjoyed the show once he took his glasses off :hilarious:
I was wearing my Salute to all Nations but Mostly America shirt so I had to take a Muppets photo :)
IMG_4457.JPG

Then Max wanted to take a picture with snow :)
IMG_4458.JPG

We did not tell him to pose like this he just did it :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I think he watched Moo (that's what he calls me) pose for one too many IG photos :)
IMG_4461.JPG

Next up: finishing up HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We thought for sure Max would want to see Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy but he did not. I think the heat was getting to him too because he loved the show last time he saw it. He did want to meet Goofy! In these photos the CMs were trying to get Max to pose like Spiderman because of his sandals - only Max has no idea who Spiderman is - the sandals were just on sale :happy:
467446884.jpeg

467446925.jpeg

467446911.jpeg

467447088.jpeg

467447020.jpeg

We all agreed it was time to leave the park after this - it was just way too hot!
We did have to run for our bus which is especially fun in the heat :cool:
IMG_4462.JPG

It is worth running for the buses, though. That way you get to go right back to the hotel!
The only thing I asked to do this trip was eat at the Sand Bar at the Contemporary. It is literally my favorite food at the Contemporary. This is the pool bar/restaurant for anyone who is wondering. Before we left for the trip Betta and Max watched a video about the pool and Max also said he wanted to eat there so off we went!
file-140.jpg

file-141.jpg

This is Max pointing out how high up our room was :)
DSC_0900.JPG

Next up: lunch time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
My Mom and I shared a cheese quesadilla and nachos with chili and cheese
IMG_4463.JPG

IMG_4464.JPG

Max had a fruit cup which I forgot to photograph (although you can see it in the background of the nacho picture) and shared the chicken quesadilla with my sister.
It was all so yummy!!!
Grammie and Max got a special treat after lunch ...
DSC_0902.JPG

DSC_0903.JPG

Then it was pool time!!!
Prepare for an onslaught of pool photos ...
file-142.jpg

DSC_0905.JPG

DSC_0909.JPG

DSC_0911.JPG

I spy Max !
DSC_0913.JPG

The nice thing about where this slide is located is I could take slide pictures from outside the pool with my good camera :)
DSC_0917.JPG

Next up: more pool

Ears to Disney

What a great morning in TSL! Love Max's picture poses! The food at The Sandbar looks great and the pool looks like a lot of fun as well. I really have to spend more time at the Contemporary and BLT! :)

NessNewt

We got there around 35 minutes before opening so we planned on getting one a bus around an hour before it opened. That was on a pretty low crowd day. Higher crowds I would say around 45 minutes early would work :) I wish there was a good strategy for when you get there but they run a very tight ship so essentially you just go where the CMs direct you. Once you get into TSL stay to the right because that is where the line starts !

Thank you!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
Oh! I forgot to mention we never actually got our room cleaned the day prior for really no reason. This day we did - and they gave us a cute animal towel :)
DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0958.JPG

After pool time Betta tried to get Max to lay down for a few minutes so my Mom and I wandered around the hotel
We ended up on the deck area that is between the Contemporary and BLT (before you get on the bridge)
IMG_4469.JPG

IMG_4470.JPG

It is very peaceful out there with a great view of Magic Kingdom
IMG_4474.JPG

IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

Max did not sleep much so we headed back up to the room and got ready to head back to the MK!
We originally had a reservation for Storybook Dining at Artist Point but we canceled it because we weren't sure Max would love those characters and we wanted to go back to the MK since it was such a short trip. I was able to swap it out for Liberty Tree Tavern, though, which was exciting since we missed it on the 4th :)
DSC_0960.JPG

We stopped for a PP picture right away. Max is not in it. He literally said "I refuse to take a photo" :hilarious::hilarious: He really is a good kid and normally would never act up like that but he was cranky since he missed his nap :p
467713073.jpeg

467713188.jpeg

Next up: MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 3 continued
We walked right into parade traffic. Phineas and Ferb were out watching the parade - it was so cute!
DSC_0966.JPG

fullsizeoutput_36f9.jpeg

Max did not love the Maleficent float - at some point I looked back and he had his head in his shirt :joyfull:
DSC_0971.JPG

DSC_0978.JPG

DSC_0982.JPG

DSC_0989.JPG

Anyway, we did eventually make our way over to our FP for Buzz. Max and I rode together although you can't see him :rolleyes:
467742178.jpeg

467738288.jpeg

Then...Max surprised us all by asking to go on the Peoplemover. He does not love all the dark parts in the ride so I kept my phone out with just the background light on in case he needed it. He kept saying "this isn't bad" like he was trying to convince himself :p:joyfull:
DSC_0996.JPG

DSC_0997.JPG

Next up: more MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom