Timing Question

Cubsfan16

Original Poster
I've never been to WDW, my wife had been twice when she was a kid, but doesn't remember how long it takes to get around. We are taking our 2 kids in October and have a 3:50pm reservation at Homecomin' at Disney Springs on our arrival date. Our flight lands in Orlando at 1:20pm, is there any way to make it to the hotel, hop on a bus and get there in time? I've been trying to find a later reservation with no luck.

carriebeth

I would not want that kind of time crunch. At the airport you will have to wait for the magic express which sometimes if your timing is perfect it’s right there when you arrive and you hop right on and sometimes you wait for a while. Then you wait while the bus gets boarded. Then it depends what stop you are on the magic express they go to several different resorts. Then you get checked in or even if you skip that step and get right on a bus to springs you have to wait for a springs bus again your timing might be perfect or you may wait 20 minutes or more. So it might work out and you would be fine but I personally don’t want my first moments of vacation to be stressful worried about a time crunch pulling my children along hoping to make it somewhere. On our arrival days we like to just hit counter service as it keeps the schedule open in case the plane is delayed or whatever else.

belledream

It’s too tight for my personal comfort but you still have some time to keep looking. A lot of people change plans as the day gets closer and Homecomin’ is not an absurdly popular/easily accessible restaurant like Be Our Guest or anything. I’d bet a later time will pop up. But also, think of securing a Plan B!

Cubsfan16

Original Poster
I'm definitely going to keep looking for later reservations, but yeah we do have a plan B. I just have to make sure I cancel the reservation more than 24 hours in advance correct?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
My rule of thumb is to not schedule anything until 3 hours after your arrival time. This is 2.5, so it's tight, but doable. One option if you're cutting it close is to Uber or Lyft from the hotel to the restaurant.

REG Glenn

Use the luggage tags that take your bags right to your room. This allows you to go right to Magical Express without having to collect your bags at the airport baggage claim.
Check in to your room, drop off your carry-ons at the room if it is ready, or utilize bell services, then catch a Minnie Van on the Lyft app (or just use a regular Lyft). Minnie Vans are fun, a great way to start your vacation, but also more expensive.
When you’re done at Disney Springs, your bags will be ready at the room.

Very doable, a little tight. Call the restaurant if you’re running late. They will probably accommodate.

Cubsfan16

Original Poster
Use the luggage tags that take your bags right to your room. This allows you to go right to Magical Express without having to collect your bags at the airport baggage claim.
Check in to your room, drop off your carry-ons at the room if it is ready, or utilize bell services, then catch a Minnie Van on the Lyft app (or just use a regular Lyft). Minnie Vans are fun, a great way to start your vacation, but also more expensive.
When you’re done at Disney Springs, your bags will be ready at the room.

Very doable, a little tight. Call the restaurant if you’re running late. They will probably accommodate.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep this in mind. Minnie Van will probably be the way to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom