Does TDA Consult The Forums.. At All?

Darkbeer1

>>Disney officials point out that the park just added 1,600 new jobs to prepare for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and continues to be Orange County’s largest employer with 31,000 employees. They rejected the blog’s characterization that the park currently has a hiring freeze.

“Like any business, we adjust our pace of hiring based on business needs and this is nothing new,” officials said. They said jobs are still posted on the Disneyland careers website.

They also said that the Red Car News Boys show was closed because of declining viewership due to renovations to the trolley cars that were the backdrop for the show.

Most people had expected the parks to be packed this summer with crowds coming to see the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland. Resort officials blocked out most annual passholders for much of the summer, stopped offering free admission to cast members and their guests and raised prices in anticipation of the crowds. However, many of the most ardent fans came to see the new land during its preview period in May and June, and others stayed away, perhaps put off by the expectation of crowds or the higher prices.

In response, Disneyland began once again allowing free admission for cast members and their guests and also is offering a half-price deal to annual passholders: Come and bring guests for $99 each for parkhopper tickets.<<

Note, this article was written by the OCR Marla Jo Fisher, not Brady MacDonald.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
There was some chick on MiceChat several years back who shilled for everything and argued that screens were better than audio animatronics. She even used a false avatar of a middle aged which eventually got her banned when I alerted the woman who the photo was actually of. I'm convinced the poster worked for Disney in some capacity.

I don't remember her name, but I know exactly who you're talking about! Me and that person argued back and forth when M:BO was announced. We weirdly got along, now that I think about it.

Are we even sure the poster was a female?

TROR

I don't remember her name, but I know exactly who you're talking about! Me and that person argued back and forth when M:BO was announced. We weirdly got along, now that I think about it.

Are we even sure the poster was a female?
I suppose they could’ve been anyone (that’s how the internet works). I believe the user’s name was CoalingaLucy.

WDW Pro

Probably a stupid question, because I haven't seen it yet.. but has there been an instance of TDA consulting the Disneyland Sub-forum on WDWMagic, either for purposes of testing the waters of an idea, or to gather opinions perhaps regarding other things?

My memory may serve foggy, but I do remember someone claiming to be a higher-up imagineer asking members of Micechat what they thought of recent decisions, juuuust after the announcement of M:BO. Unsurprisingly the responses weren't warm (not like it really did anything).

So granted we are most likely a minority of traditionalist nuts (lol), i'd still bet a fair amount that we hold better ideas as to what needs to be done with the parks, than some of the top-dog executives in charge. I'd think, at the very least, some passionate CM's or other respectable roles in Disney as well (including imagineers, Maintenance, etc) would have some great ideas. I guess that begs the question.. does Burbank really care?

Seldom to never. Well, unless someone posts a photo from inside an NDA restricted work site or begins releasing significant company secrets or steals a certain animatronic... then there are people paid to check the forums / Reddit / 4chan.

VJ

Seldom to never. Well, unless someone posts a photo from inside an NDA restricted work site or begins releasing significant company secrets or steals a certain animatronic... then there are people paid to check the forums / Reddit / 4chan.
4chan?... *shudder* i hope those individuals are paid quite a pretty sum!

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I have nothing of substance to add, but it feels like this thread may be worth bumping in light of recent events. Seems the infiltration may have been deeper than anybody imagined.

Is there more to it than Al Lutz being tp2000? I'm having a difficult time keeping up and work has been dreadful.

Snow Queen

Is there more to it than Al Lutz being tp2000? I'm having a difficult time keeping up and work has been dreadful.
The article is saying that TP2000 ghostwrote Lutz since the early 2000s, at the behest of the now-Chief Executive Officer, to control the narrative through leaks targeting specific individuals, notably it was done to undermine faith in Eisner to help Iger ascend to CEO. Which...feels like a stretch to me.

tonymu

Premium Member
Probably a stupid question, because I haven't seen it yet.. but has there been an instance of TDA consulting the Disneyland Sub-forum on WDWMagic, either for purposes of testing the waters of an idea, or to gather opinions perhaps regarding other things?

My memory may serve foggy, but I do remember someone claiming to be a higher-up imagineer asking members of Micechat what they thought of recent decisions, juuuust after the announcement of M:BO. Unsurprisingly the responses weren't warm (not like it really did anything).

So granted we are most likely a minority of traditionalist nuts (lol), i'd still bet a fair amount that we hold better ideas as to what needs to be done with the parks, than some of the top-dog executives in charge. I'd think, at the very least, some passionate CM's or other respectable roles in Disney as well (including imagineers, Maintenance, etc) would have some great ideas. I guess that begs the question.. does Burbank really care?
Did you post this question over a month ago to plant the seeds for the current situation knowing this was all going to blow up soon!!.......... :eek:o_O:oops:🤣:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: (Diabolically Genius)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom