Plans for October?

jrogue

Made some dining plans for my trip in October. Open to suggestions, but here is a rough go around. I have 5 days of the dining plan (split reservation) and want to make sure I utilize all of my credits, and also all of the cool events that will be happening.

first off, Is the Polynesian still the first stop on the Magical Express?

SATURDAY: MK
Lunch: Captain Cook's if we have time, or Casey's Corner if we don't have time before the 2pm parade.
Dinner: The Diamond Horseshoe (I've never eaten here before, so excited to try it out!)

SUNDAY: AK/MK
Breakfast: Captain Cook's, then head to AK
Lunch: Early dinner/late lunch at Capt Cook's again.
Head to MK for MNSSHP
Later: Snacks throughout MNSSHP

MONDAY: HS
Breakfast: Kona Cafe or Captain Cook's
Lunch: Snacks at HS
Dinner: Hollywood & Vine

TUESDAY: EP
Breakfast: Garden Grill
Lunch: FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL
Dinner: La Hacienda De San Angel DE DELICIOUSNESS

WEDNESDAY: HS/MK
I plan on waking up super early to head to HS that day, so will have a late breakfast at Capt Cook's
Lunch: w/e in MK
Dinner: BOG

THURSDAY: MK/AK
Breakfast: Ohana with family before they leave!
Mid-day: Tea at the GF
Dinner: Yak and Yeti QS

FRIDAY: EP/MK/EP??
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

SATURDAY
head back home :(

nickys

Premium Member
The routes for Magical Express varies according to who is arriving around the same time as you. So no way to tell what stop the Poly will be.

You’ll be visiting during the extra, extra EMH period. So MK and AK will be EMH from 7-8am. DHS will have EMH 6-9.

If you’re not early morning people, fair enough (neither am I). But it does mean that having breakfast at the resort every day before you visit the parks will put you at a disadvantage, and you’ll be relying on FPs.

And I personally wouldn’t want to be hopping twice in one day. That’s a lot of transfer time. I would either start at Epcot and end in MK or vice versa.

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
The routes for Magical Express varies according to who is arriving around the same time as you. So no way to tell what stop the Poly will be.

You’ll be visiting during the extra, extra EMH period. So MK and AK will be EMH from 7-8am. DHS will have EMH 6-9.

If you’re not early morning people, fair enough (neither am I). But it does mean that having breakfast at the resort every day before you visit the parks will put you at a disadvantage, and you’ll be relying on FPs.

And I personally wouldn’t want to be hopping twice in one day. That’s a lot of transfer time. I would either start at Epcot and end in MK or vice versa.
Thank you for the suggestions! the only reason we have 3 hops on the last day is because we wanted to eat at Liberty Tree, but can't end the night in the MK since that's one of the MNSSHP nights :(

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you for the suggestions! the only reason we have 3 hops on the last day is because we wanted to eat at Liberty Tree, but can't end the night in the MK since that's one of the MNSSHP nights :(

What about doing it for a late lunch / early dinner on the Sunday? You can get into MK at 4pm with a party ticket. Instead of eating at the Poly, you could go into Mk for a reservation at LT before the party starts?

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
What about doing it for a late lunch / early dinner on the Sunday? You can get into MK at 4pm with a party ticket. Instead of eating at the Poly, you could go into Mk for a reservation at LT before the party starts?
I considered that too!! I might end up switching plans around to do that depending on our MNSSHP costume

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
TUESDAY: EP
Breakfast: Garden Grill
Lunch: FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL
Dinner: La Hacienda De San Angel DE DELICIOUSNESS

Here are my thoughts on this day. When I'm at F&W, I eat and drink a lot because there are just too many things to try ha. By the end of the day, I don't even want dinner.

La Hacienda De San Angel is my favorite restaurant in Epcot but in my opinion, I would skip dinner this day. Maybe you can use that dining credit towards a signature location another night. But I don't know how much you will be eating at F&W, I am just going by my experience.

Just a thought! Sounds like a great vacation though.

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
Here are my thoughts on this day. When I'm at F&W, I eat and drink a lot because there are just too many things to try ha. By the end of the day, I don't even want dinner.

La Hacienda De San Angel is my favorite restaurant in Epcot but in my opinion, I would skip dinner this day. Maybe you can use that dining credit towards a signature location another night. But I don't know how much you will be eating at F&W, I am just going by my experience.

Just a thought! Sounds like a great vacation though.
Thanks so much! Usually we split a lot of the items during F&W so that we can all have a little something, but it's often never enough to fill us for dinner. Plus, La Hacienda is one of our must-dos on our trip and one of our favorite restaurants, so I'd be met with a riot if I tried to remove it LOL ... you're right though that I should leave more time to try stuff for F&W, so we will fit that in for lunch on our last day!

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Plus, La Hacienda is one of our must-dos on our trip and one of our favorite restaurants, so I'd be met with a riot if I tried to remove it
HAHA I legitimately laughed out loud at that statement. I can't argue there.

At F&W, we split everything as well but we try a lot of stuff. I always make a list of things I need to try.

Upvote 0

jrogue

Original Poster
HAHA I legitimately laughed out loud at that statement. I can't argue there.

At F&W, we split everything as well but we try a lot of stuff. I always make a list of things I need to try.
you read my mind!! that's what I was about to do today -- make a super list of all of my must-haves!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom