News 2019 Fourth of July at Walt Disney World

Surfin' Tuna

There were closer to 150 people there for Club 33 last night, but I'm sure there were even more than 150 complaints for having to listen to the Luau. We watched from the Poly beach last night, but we HAD to do Epcot tonight for ROE and the Heartbeat of Freedom tag. Standing there I shed a tear (more like 10) thinking about how it will be missed. I'm still getting over losing Wishes; this one is going to take a while to accept. It was a great show tonight at Epcot. Happy Independence Day everyone!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I am hearing mix reports on the tags. Many have said they were told the tags are ending, others see no reason why the tags (holiday, July 4th, and NYE) cannot be tagged with Epcot Forever. I recent was able to ask an Epcot Pyro Tech and he said he did not know. I cannot imagine Epcot not doing a NYE tag or a 4th of July tag. And the need to keep the barges for ability to do so will likely mean holiday tag sticks around too.

Time will tell.
There probably using the WW3 barges for Epcot Forever

Brad Bishop

Uhh Burbank we have a problem?

This is something more than: "We're just waiting for Galaxy's Edge to fully open / be complete."

I think that the dirty little secret is that they may have annoyed a lot of their long term, nostalgic fans to the point of, "You win, Disney. We're done."

In a strong economy they can't sell out July 4th which they have a long tradition of doing? Disneyland is currently dead from the reports I've been seeing.

You can tie this to any number of things or the "perfect storm" of decisions but it may very well be a more, long term result of bad decisions after bad decisions.

In this economy people should be lining up at the gates, especially on dates like July 4th.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Crowds look relatively quiet so far. July 3 5pm, just a 15 min wait at Soarin and Mission Space. 90min for Space Mountain and Mine Train.
Late to the party. My son and I stayed in MK until 2am 7/3-7/4. Crowds were not bad at all. In fact, after 11pm all the wait times seemed a bit inflated.

Disone

Late to the party. My son and I stayed in MK until 2am 7/3-7/4. Crowds were not bad at all. In fact, after 11pm all the wait times seemed a bit inflated.
They usually are that late. That's the best part about the park being opened that late. I did take note of the Flyers that said MK would be open extra late so that you could enjoy all there is to enjoy during the Patriotic holiday. I was a little bit annoyed that they spun this as a, look how nice and thoughtful we are benefit, when it used to be something they did every night of Summer.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom