News Christopher Robin's bedroom coming to UK

Spash007

Original Poster
Not sure if this warrants it's own thread, but I haven't seen this mentioned on here. On the Epcot Character Spot page on the Disney World website, there's the discussion of the new spots to meet characters. The last bullet mentions Pooh will be returning to UK, in "Christopher Robin's bedroom". Any idea the extent of this? Will it just be a set-up like the Disney Jr pals in HS, or are they actually building a walk through structure similar to the Sommerhus?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/character-meet-mickey-and-friends/

Spash007

Original Poster
Is this them just reinstating the one in the back of the shop in the UK that has existed for years?! They took the meet and greet away but the room was still there in tact last I knew. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney just put the Pooh Characters as a meet and greet back in this room.
The bedroom is already there and has been for quite sometime. It can be found in the back of the Toy Soldier shop in the UK pavilion!
This ^^^^

Although you can only look through the window now. I can’t remember how long that’s been the case.

I wonder if they’re opening it up again then?

You learn something new every day. That sure sounds like it - and I doubt they'd do new construction if something already existed!

awoogala

Yes! I visit his room every trip because I miss it! (I mean, I walk up, and stare through the glass as best I can). I am so happy- it was a shame Pooh wasn't there, I missed him. It's such a cute spot!

Aries1975

It has been a long time (9 years) since we visited with Pooh in the UK Pavilion. Then, the meet and greet was set to Pooh's house. See all of the honey pots in the photo.

Attachments

• Photo0031FourBySix (800x531).jpg
    Photo0031FourBySix (800x531).jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 157

Robbiem

Maybe if the rumours that Winnie the Pooh is going to be removed from Shanghai are true the rides could be moved to EPCOT

SirWillow

From September 2007 at the U.K. location:
View attachment 386059

this is how it was when I worked there- no "bedroom" but the backdrop for the photos (there's actually a small chance that I took that photo- or one just like it- if it's a photopass one as that would be the right time period)

it was remodeled to the "bedrooom" sometime after 2011, and then closed a couple of years later, but it's still there waiting for people to use it again.

ToTBellHop

this is how it was when I worked there- no "bedroom" but the backdrop for the photos (there's actually a small chance that I took that photo- or one just like it- if it's a photopass one as that would be the right time period)

it was remodeled to the "bedrooom" sometime after 2011, and then closed a couple of years later, but it's still there waiting for people to use it again.
Soon folks will be bidding $75k on eBay for a night in Christopher Robin's bedroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom