Can Tickets, FP an Charges be linked to another credit card?

Sherry002

Original Poster
My husband and I are going to WDW next year. My son and his family may or may not be able to join us. If they do they will be staying with us at FT. Wilderness, but when they get their tickets, FP and make purchases can they be linked to their credit cards instead of mine even though we are staying together on Disney property? Thank you for the feedback.

nickys

Premium Member
My husband and I are going to WDW next year. My son and his family may or may not be able to join us. If they do they will be staying with us at FT. Wilderness, but when they get their tickets, FP and make purchases can they be linked to their credit cards instead of mine even though we are staying together on Disney property? Thank you for the feedback.

Will you be booking a package? I think the actual package or room will need to be paid by one person.

But once you get to WDW, you can link more than one CC to a room. You need to do that in person at the resort, and each CC will have a pin set up to charge back to it. That will cover anything you use your magic bands to charge for, be it food, souvenirs etc.

Sherry002

Original Poster
I have booked the Ft Wilderness campground, but did not want to do tickets or anything else until we know if they ( 2 adults and 2 children ) can make t=it. Also, they are Fl residents and we are not. I'm sure they will want to pay for their tickets,

nickys

Premium Member
I have booked the Ft Wilderness campground, but did not want to do tickets or anything else until we know if they ( 2 adults and 2 children ) can make t=it. Also, they are Fl residents and we are not. I'm sure they will want to pay for their tickets,

OK. They could buy their own tickets and link them to MDE if they have their own account. If they don’t, then you would need to link them to their profiles on your account, but they could still buy them.

Sherry002

Original Poster
Thanks so much. I lived in Orlando from 1972 to 1985 so we just decided for a Disney day whenever we felt like it. So much more complicated now.

Jon81uk

The ability to charge to your room/cabin/campground is the same standard hotel process it was before. If they are staying in the same cabin/campsite as you then your room charges will all be pooled. As far as I am aware it is not possible to separate room charges per person. They would need to visit the front desk and pay them off, otherwise the card given at check in will be charged.

The credit card used to secure the charges to the room/campsite/cabin is the one given at check-in (online or in-person) and is not the same as the card in MDE used to purchase tickets and secure dining bookings.

nickys

Premium Member
As far as I am aware it is not possible to separate room charges per person.

You can link different CCs to people staying in the same room. You do have to do this in person at the front desk though; they will scan each band and link a CC to it. So you could have Mom linked to one card, Dad linked to another and the kids linked to either. You can also set limits on spending for different people too, or prevent charging privileges totally if you want to.

Otherwise everything will be charged back to the CC on file for the lead name on the reservation.

Jon81uk

You can link different CCs to people staying in the same room. You do have to do this in person at the front desk though; they will scan each band and link a CC to it. So you could have Mom linked to one card, Dad linked to another and the kids linked to either. You can also set limits on spending for different people too, or prevent charging privileges totally if you want to.

Otherwise everything will be charged back to the CC on file for the lead name on the reservation.

Okay, I knew you could deactive some keys/bands from charging to the room account, I didn't know you could separate them to different accounts!

unmitigated disaster

Okay, I knew you could deactive some keys/bands from charging to the room account, I didn't know you could separate them to different accounts!
Even at regular hotels you can put multiple credit cards onto a room. Well, most hotels. I'm sure there are a few where you can't. You see it a lot at conferences where people are sharing rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom