Insanity Pricing Officially Reached

Tom P.

Original Poster
For March 16 - 22, 2020, a standard room at Pop Century is going for $213.33 per night.

I really don't know what to say other than that we have officially reached "insanity level" on resort pricing.

I know these are rack rates and that Disney could offer discounts down the line, but still... a rack rate of $213.33 per night for a standard room at a value resort?

Good grief.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
But...you joined a Disney World fan site...

i-am-wondering-why-are-you-here.jpg
To help plan their upcoming trip. Maybe to get ideas on other Disney parks or cruises.
Or maybe
Because they wanted to 🤔

Tom P.

Original Poster
It is possible to legitimately be a Walt Disney World fan and enjoy the parks while still feeling that the company is either (a) being unreasonable in their pricing increases, (b) making it financially unfeasible for you to continue visiting, or both.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It is possible to legitimately be a Walt Disney World fan and enjoy the parks while still feeling that the company is either (a) being unreasonable in their pricing increases, (b) making it financially unfeasible for you to continue visiting, or both.
Yes, maybe no. Maybe just maybe.

Professortango1

We stay off site. Way cheaper and have shuttles to both WDW and USO. The room came in a package with USO tickets and we added the WDW parkhoppers super cheap.

Handsontourist

We stay off site. Way cheaper and have shuttles to both WDW and USO. The room came in a package with USO tickets and we added the WDW parkhoppers super cheap.
I stay off site every time I go to WDW. There are so many other hotel/resorts that offer better service and get more for your money than WDW. I mean what do you get for staying on property now a days that you can't get at one of the at neighbor hotel, like Hilton by Disney Springs.

LeighM

I definitely had to change our plans for our short stay next year for before and after our Disney cruise. I have my fingers crossed for really good discounts but I'm not getting my hopes up. Usually I wait until those discounts are released before booking a room but I don't know how SW will affect room availability for the spring. So I went ahead and reserved the room just to have a place to stay. I knew that rates would go up because of room renovations and the Skyliner but I was shocked by how much!!!! Caribbean Beach is more expensive during my stay than PO French Quarter! And, unless there's a glitch in their system, there doesn't seem to be any availability at all at Coronado. It's all insane. I'm a lifelong Disney fan but I'm definitely being pushed out of the parks. No way will I pay rack rate for the Little Mermaid rooms at $257 a night.

disneyworlddad

I was planning on reserving a tent camp site for March 2020. But for $143/night, they can keep it. We'll stay off site.

I hear you on that. When I moved to Florida I was exicted that I could take my kids camping at disney. I knew I'd pay more than say a state park or even a KOA but when I can get a quality hotel room for the same price as a tent site you aren't getting my money.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I hear you on that. When I moved to Florida I was exicted that I could take my kids camping at disney. I knew I'd pay more than say a state park or even a KOA but when I can get a quality hotel room for the same price as a tent site you aren't getting my money.

"According to our metrics, the campsites have been operating at a loss this year. It seems as though people prefer staying at one of our resorts. Since that's the case, the board is proposing we re-imagine the campground as a DVC property"

hsisthebest

We stayed offsite last year after 11 onsite trips. We enjoyed much more than we thought. Stayed at the Caribe Royale which would be about equivalent to a moderate room but with DVC space. Spent less than $200 per night including parking at the resort and at Disney. I'm not sure if we'll ever stay on property again- we are well off and could afford it, but I am not willing to pay the price for what you get. We have learned to have just as much fun with less days and food at the parks.

hsisthebest

It's like Disney thinks it can ride the attendance wave forever with no repercussions. I live in Peoria, IL and just witnessed Caterpillar go from making profits hand over fists up until 2016 to now when they have laid off nearly 10,000 white collar jobs and moving the headquarters to a Chicago Suburb. -Yes these are very different companies, but Cat did not plan on its future and it seems like Disney is not either. *Other than poaching from its movies and theme parks to pay for a streaming service.

KBLovedDisney

I'm sure they're one of the thousands who said they were done with Disney in the heat of the moment because they were PO. I sure was. You guys are brutal😂, lurking on peoples profiles to see what they posted a year ago, SMH
Yep, I was very brutal...and I came off very disrespectful.

images

Apologies. I am ashamed and excusing myself for the day from blogging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom