News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
If they wanted to address capacity the increases on the FL Resident AP Products would have gone up significantly more. Theme park select didn't even move and the rest of the FL-Resident Products percentage increase was half of the top tier passes. Call it for what it is, a cash grab from people they know can/will tolerate an increase.
Exactly. If I was pricing AP's, you'd pay a surcharge if you live within 150 miles of WDW.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It just changes the math a bit.

Looking at a Platinum from a FL resident perspective. If you go to the parks 30 times over the course of the year, then it comes to about $30 per day. Still pretty reasonable. That being said, nobody is a fan of price increases.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Imagine if they recreated Dagobah, Hoth, etc. instead of ā€œgeneric space.ā€
I have specifically tried not to comment on this one point - full bore on all other things Star Wars. I want to be fair and not go down what is dismissed as ā€œunwarranted pessimismā€. Infer what you will from that. It never made any sense.

As far as APs go...my most recent AP expired February 13 and was a plus...it was $550 - I think - so $2300 for four.

I donā€™t consider that a bad deal...way more than recent years...but not ā€œegregiousā€. Bought those in December of 2017.

Now my rough math is telling me wha!!? $4,900

Huh? Unfortunately itā€™s my birthday and I must be getting cheap with old age. šŸ˜Ž

Chef Mickey

I know this will be unpopular, but I hope this helps reduce crowds since Disney still hasnā€™t expanded properly.

Iā€™m an have an AP and will be glad to pay the new prices, but I hope regular admission is also increasing. The crowds are just too much.

An AP is still an awesome value.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It just changes the math a bit.

Looking at a Platinum from a FL resident perspective. If you go to the parks 30 times over the course of the year, then it comes to about $30 per day. Still pretty reasonable. That being said, nobody is a fan of price increases.
Indeed...

The unfortunate thing about AP increases is that wdw has spent decades trying to market them to not JUST Florida residents...trying to build a large base of repeat customers.

Heavy increases push a guy like me toward the daily or hopper tickets - which are disgusting.
Or not going...which is already trending anyway

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I know this will be unpopular, but I hope this helps reduce crowds since Disney still hasnā€™t expanded properly.

This is an interesting one:

One school of thought - Wow, AP's are more expensive now - I'm not going to renew.

The other - Wow, AP's are more expensive now. In order to realize the value of the AP I may have to go a few more times every year so I get my money's worth.

I think it lies in the rationale one uses when making the decision. People can talk themselves into anything.

Kevin_W

I'm sure there's one here somewhere. I do know of one on another site, though it's not updated with the very latest increase. But it's pretty comprehensive: http://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/wdw-ticket-increase-guide/

Here is a plot of their data for the Platinum Pass. Things have definitely changed from the historical trend in the past couple years/

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Iā€™m an have an AP and will be glad to pay the new prices, but I hope regular admission is also increasing. The crowds are just too much.

An AP is still an awesome value.

Disney is not trying to reduce crowds. They are trying to charge larger crowds, more.

They arenā€™t building $2 bil In overpriced rides and increasing overhead costs for less people.

We need to stop with saying things that never made any damn sense

Jeff2140

We were two days from renewing our APs šŸ˜¢. Has anyone ever had any luck calling and getting grandfathered into the old rate? Probably a ridiculously dumb question...but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Called this morning. The new rate is the new rate. They said they were not aware of the price increase until this morning (so it wasnt leaked to the public). Said there is nothing they can do to change the price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Saw this coming. They announce bring a friend promotion and previews for AP holders right before they went up. Trying to show you get SO MUCH MORE for your money *facepalm*

I donā€™t think this is smart for Disney right now to be honest. They are betting too much on SWGE in that guests will pay whatever to see it over and over again.

How about they expand more (not replace decent attractions already) in all the parks, replace the monorails, and make the resorts and bus service worth the money if we have to all pay more šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

They are trying to capitalize on Star Wars NOW...

Why is that important? Why arenā€™t they thinking long term?

Two words: crappy movies. They arenā€™t believing what the defenders here are trying to sell: that ā€œeverythingā€™s fineā€

Jon81uk

TRON is the only thing that 100% is not a replacement that comes to mind atm. (and its the wrong type of ride for that parks problems)
((EDIT rat too so theres that))

Technically the combination of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land is a net gain on attraction count compared to what was there before. We lost a backlot tour and a car stunt show and have gained a coaster, a whip ride, a simulator and a trackless ride. The backlot tour was definitely in need of replacement as well.
Also Pandora at DAK is a gain of attractions, the Lion King show moved within the park, as did the meet and greats so the only loss was the Pocahontas show and we then gained two new attractions.

So we have had recent expansions, but yes there is a lot more that could be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom