Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

Rich T

Honestly if I read another quote about how the old west was sanitized i'm going to throw up. The old west wasn't even a thing for that long. It was a romanticized place by authors and newspaper men of the time. Gunfights and bar room brawls were largely made up or dramatized to get readers. Were there Indians and run ins settlers/us forces - yes. Were there murders - yes. Was there prostitution- yes Was in any more than what had happened in the east or what was going on in the east at the time - the answer is probably not.
But there really were stagecoaches, gunslingers, train robberies, cattledrives, saloons, brothels, rattlesnakes, coyotes, campfires, the Pony Express, The Pinkerton Agency.... the list goes on and on. All set against the unexplored wilds and spectacular sunsets of the west, and all dressed up in some of the most iconic, unforgettable survival clothing styles of all time. And--and I think this is important--it happened at the dawn of photography. It's about as far back into our past as we can go via photographs (of course, this doesn't just apply to the West).

It doesn't matter that The Wild West only existed for a brief time. It left a legacy of imagery, legend and history so colorful and powerful that it will always be a source of inspiration for fiction, music, art and--of course-- theme parks! :)

SirLink

All three are among the lowest-rated MK attractions in our survey data:

1. Happily Ever After
:
10. Splash Mountain (highest attraction)
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
77. Country Bear Jamboree
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
88. Swiss Family Treehouse
89. Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station

Curiosity killed the cat and all that... do you only survey the people who subscribe to your website? If not then you have a bias of new guests who are using your product who are being told what attractions are good and whilst there maybe be a few pp displacement due to personal tastes and it also suggests that your users only like well known movie IP, which may not be a great indicator in your survey data of rated MK attractions.

Donaldfan1934

While I usually take the more purist side of the argument on these boards, CBJ is the one opening day attraction I wouldn’t mind seeing shuttered along with the Tomorrowland Speedway. Growing up, I was one of those kids who found the bears terrifying so it didn’t resonate with me over the years like the other classic attractions did.

Also, out of all the IP changes the parks could face, Woody’s Roundup is one that would actually work for it’s given space thematically speaking. In this scenario, the old school vibe country/western would be maintained while featuring characters many would find to be more appealing. Yes, there is TSL now, but having this at MK would work better as the version of the characters being presented would be the in-universe TV series versions like Buzz in Tomorrowland rather than the toys owned by Andy/Bonnie as seen in TSL.

From an objective historical POV, I can understand the displeasure a lot of people would have with any opening day attraction closing at anytime, let alone for the 50th anniversary. However, in a D23 Expo that is expected to be filled with controversial announcements like this, this would be one I’d take some personal joy in while I join everybody else here in complaining about all the other questionable decisions being made.

trainplane3

So Brayden decided to weigh in on this stuff. We know he has some decent connections...

There's a series of three tweets and they translate out to this:
RUMOR: The reason rumors sound ridiculous lately is because most aren’t projects, they’re random ideas that have been thrown around internally.
These ideas have always happened, they just haven’t been reported because they aren’t actual projects.
Now they’re being weaponized as clickbait and publicity by a hack fraud self-proclaimed journalists.

*slightly cleaned up*
Edit: So it's basically what I and several other people said in the Land/Seas demo thread. There's always ideas for this stuff. Do they get further then a doodle in some poor WDI interns notebook, sometimes. Seems like this is another one our friend is going to be wrong on. Cool.

Wouldn't it be something if someone is feeding him this info in order to see who is actually leaking legitimate plans out of WDI? Other companies have done this is the past to seal up "leaks". Giving false info to certain employees, if the false info gets out and published, said employees could be investigated or terminated.

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

So Brayden decided to weigh in on this stuff. We know he has some decent connections...

There's a series of three tweets and they translate out to this:
RUMOR: The reason rumors sound ridiculous lately is because most aren’t projects, they’re random ideas that have been thrown around internally.
These ideas have always happened, they just haven’t been reported because they aren’t actual projects.
Now they’re being weaponized as clickbait and publicity by a hack fraud self-proclaimed journalists.

*slightly cleaned up*

This would be consistent with what several here have speculated. Concepts from a list on a white board being reported as an actual project with legs.

Donaldfan1934

All three are among the lowest-rated MK attractions in our survey data:

1. Happily Ever After
:
10. Splash Mountain (highest attraction)
:
62. Carousel of Progress
:
73. Enchanted Tiki Room
:
77. Country Bear Jamboree
78. Hall of Presidents

:
87. Astro Orbiter
88. Swiss Family Treehouse
89. Casey Jr. Splash 'n' Soak Station
While I don’t want to get off topic, I’m honestly shocked that Astro Orbiter is ranking so low in your survey data. Out of the park’s spinners, I can see why Dumbo may top it given that it's one of the most iconic attractions even to those who’ve never been to a Disney theme park, but the Magic Carpets? Considering the major height advantages Astro Orbiter has over the other two, it deserves a lot more love.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I know this isn't actually part of any rumor, but I don't see Tiki Room ever going away since it's a pretty small footprint and I would guess it's quite cheap to run, plus the aesthetic of the area is all similar...except for the stupid flying carpets. Would they update it again? maybe.

CBR...I hate to say this, but I can't even remember the last time I saw it, maybe when I was very small. It's just not my kind of thing *shrug*, but I definitely feel for those who want to keep it. Disney is being dumb IMO if they keep putting characters from the same couple of properties in all of their parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While I don’t want to get off topic, I’m honestly shocked that Astro Orbiter is ranking so low in your survey data. Out of the park’s spinners, I can see why Dumbo may top it given that it's one of the most iconic attractions even to those who’ve never been to a Disney theme park, but the Magic Carpets? Considering the major height advantages Astro Orbiter has over the other two, it deserves a lot more love.

It's a PITA to get to. The line is always way too long. It's a short ride. The lateral G-Force is pretty strong (it has a small diameter and spins fast) which winds up to be annoying.

IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom