Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

ToTBellHop

Are we really obsessing over a Rudolph project that will certainly never happen. As much as people mitch and boan about Christmas lasting 3 months in Central Florida, do we think they'd celebrate a Christmas ride in May? Mitch, please.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can Universal build an Avergers Land in the new park since they own the Marvel theme park rights?? @MisterPenguin ??
I believe the rights are limited to IOA only

In fact -- unless the contract was amended in a non-public way -- Universal's Marvel attractions are limited to just Super Hero Island.

Now, they might get away with expanding SHI, especially to take over Ancient Newspaper Comics Museum Island, but the contract is rather specific about Marvel attractions not spreading throughout the whole park.

Tom Morrow

My understanding is that they are only entitled to the characters already represented, and only their comic book/manga representations.

tribbleorlfl

I know there had been a rumor Star Trek could end up in San Francisco, but that was before F&F came. Any chance it's back on the table for the new park? Could be an interesting foil to SWGE.

lebeau

One problem with Star Trek is what iteration do you use? OS, TNG, 2009, Discovery? They don't look similar enough to do something generic like Galaxy's Edge.

An entire themed land presents additional problems. More often than not, Star Trek is on the bridge of a ship. What would the land be? An away mission? Walk around Starfleet?

The Pho

One problem with Star Trek is what iteration do you use? OS, TNG, 2009, Discovery? They don't look similar enough to do something generic like Galaxy's Edge.

An entire themed land presents additional problems. More often than not, Star Trek is on the bridge of a ship. What would the land be? An away mission? Walk around Starfleet?
I think the “obvious” answer is to build the Enterprise as the land. With almost everything inside the ship. It’s what most people care about and it’s what makes Star Trek stand out. The era likely being the Original or Next Gen, but honestly that is less important, people would show up for the ship not an era.

JT3000

The rumor being kicked around was the current movie series. It would have been a single attraction.

lebeau

I think the “obvious” answer is to build the Enterprise as the land. With almost everything inside the ship. It’s what most people care about and it’s what makes Star Trek stand out. The era likely being the Original or Next Gen, but honestly that is less important, people would show up for the ship not an era.

I think that would work a lot better as an attraction than an entire land. It would be hard to disguise a theme park land (which is typically open) as a space ship. The stylistic differences between OS and NG are massive. I would expect them to go with the 2009 reboot style which most fans would probably be okay with. But that movie series appears to be on life support if not already dead.

The rumor being kicked around was the current movie series. It would have been a single attraction.

This is the option that makes the most sense to me. But given the current status of the movie series, I wouldn't want to spend my money building a ride around it just yet. Better to wait for the next cinematic incarnation I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom