News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

seascape

It used to be that Disney valued the guest experience for everyone. That park ticket ensured the same quality experience for anyone and everyone that walked through the gate. Then Disney discovered they could make more money by creating multiple tiers or classes of guest experience. If you pay some more, you get a better experience, but at the same time they made the standard experience progressively worse.

I will certainly bet you're going to change your tone about this if/when the paid FP+ system goes into effect later this year....
Let me see if I have this right. You think Disney should limit ticket prices so more people can afford their own Disney vacation. In otherwords the parks are not too crowded and you think there should be more people in the park. I was under the impression that most people thought the parks were over crowded and that there were too many people in the parks.

Please let me know how you think Disney should lower the crowds if it is not with price? Should Disney just rurn away ticket holders? Should they limit admission to just those staying on property? How about limit admission to on property guests and timeshares and hotels that pay extra for their owners and guests? Even with ticket price increases more snd more people show up, so please tell me what you really think will solve the over crowding. I want WDW to expand all 4 existing parks and build a 5th gate within 5 years. The problem is even with all that, they will be over crowded. WDW needs a multiyear construction plan to build capacity to handle their growth.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Let me see if I have this right. You think Disney should limit ticket prices so more people can afford their own Disney vacation. In otherwords the parks are not too crowded and you think there should be more people in the park. I was under the impression that most people thought the parks were over crowded and that there were too many people in the parks.

Please let me know how you think Disney should lower the crowds if it is not with price? Should Disney just rurn away ticket holders? Should they limit admission to just those staying on property? How about limit admission to on property guests and timeshares and hotels that pay extra for their owners and guests? Even with ticket price increases more snd more people show up, so please tell me what you really think will solve the over crowding. I want WDW to expand all 4 existing parks and build a 5th gate within 5 years. The problem is even with all that, they will be over crowded. WDW needs a multiyear construction plan to build capacity to handle their growth.

Raising prices is easier than building capacity. Capacity comes in all forms and not just building new.(Something Disney has been failing at since 1998). Simple items like expanded hours, more people eating attractions and entertainment (parades) can easily help make things more manageable. Disney’s conservative nature on expansion has been there since they got burned post 9/11. They’ve only upped their game because the competition was/still is beating them.

Disney has instead capitalized on this by almost tacitly encouraging the crowding so they can resell the park again. So for example during the summer months which could easily support a midnight or later close, you see 10PM and 11PM closes. Just enough of them for the AH events and parties. Which make them even more money for not having to do a single thing.

jt04

Acres added to DAK for Pandora
Largest dedicated land ever at dhs
New expansion for theater at dhs
Major expansion space added to France pavilion
Major expansion to Future World's Energy pavilion and Space pavilion Table Service
Many new venues around WS
Major expansion to the MK with multi-acre Tron attraction

Likely more announcements at D23.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Acres added to DAK for Pandora
Largest dedicated land ever at dhs
New expansion for theater at dhs
Major expansion space added to France pavilion
Major expansion to Future World's Energy pavilion and Space pavilion Table Service
Many new venues around WS
Major expansion to the MK with multi-acre Tron attraction

Likely more announcements at D23.

A representative from USO was asked to comment on JTs post and said “That’s so cute”

eliza61nyc

Disney has instead capitalized on this by almost tacitly encouraging the crowding so they can resell the park again. So for example during the summer months which could easily support a midnight or later close, you see 10PM and 11PM closes. Just enough of them for the AH events and parties. Which make them even more money for not having to do a single thing.

This is a question, I'm not seeing how having the parks open until midnight reduces capacity. from what I've read the majority of guest con't come at 10 pm. so if you have the average guest there from rope drop until the kids konk out, they are still going to be there.

So MK would still be a zoo. or am I missing something.
I remember when the parks where open until midnight and they were definitely less crowded after 10 but it did nothing for the overcrowding during the day.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This is a question, I'm not seeing how having the parks open until midnight reduces capacity. from what I've read the majority of guest con't come at 10 pm. so if you have the average guest there from rope drop until the kids konk out, they are still going to be there.

So MK would still be a zoo. or am I missing something.
I remember when the parks where open until midnight and they were definitely less crowded after 10 but it did nothing for the overcrowding during the day.

One or two more hours of operation allows attractions to cycle more people and spread the crowds. Instead of An attraction handling “X” people per day you now have “X”+ “Y” where “Y” is the additional number of guests the ride can handle when open for additional time. It won’t necessarily reduce the total admittance to the park for the day, but divides and spreads out the utilization resulting in some additional capacity.

Kman101

The focus of the After Hours events is meant to be the short lines, unlike the MNSSHP and MVMCP where it is the entertainment and the meet & greats that are the main focus. The price is significantly higher as the number of people in the park is significantly lower.
It wasn't meant to be a huge Villains party event, just the After Hours event with a few extra touches and a stage show.

Right. It was exactly as advertised. It wasn’t “overhyped” or made out to be any more than it was ....

RSoxNo1

Oh I agree with you that The customer is in control. That’s why guest retention efforts have become a big deal at WDW. Perhaps there was some strategic overreach.

Oversimplifying it, with Paid FP the inventory of free FP to high demand attractions is significantly reduced and essentially you would have to pay for a FP to these high demand attractions.

There a whole thread on it “Maxpass coming to WDW”
What are you seeing that indicates guest retention efforts are a big deal?

Princess Leia

I thought Villains Unite the Night was really good in a lot of spots but I agree a little too much dialogue, slightly repetitive and dragged a bit in spots. It has potential if they fine tune it a bit. The effects were all very good.

I mean, the event was basically as advertised, After Hours with Villains. A stage show, Maleficent "roaming" and event merchandise. It's a decent way to leverage the popularity of the villains, just needs a little fine tuning. It has potential. I can understand why some folks don't know what to make of it. I liked it.

Live Barbossa was fantastic!!

SM was meh as usual. Please please please get the refurb you deserve soon!

I don't know if it's overly repeatable but it's a nice offering and nice little plus to After Hours. For those who want villains and low wait times but may not want or aren't able to attend a Halloween party this is a nice option.

EDIT: The villains "kiss goodnight" at the train station was a great surprise! I thought it was cool. I like the idea, on paper, of villains taking over the park "after hours". It has potential. They just need to not get too greedy and over do it with allowing too many people in or it will lose it's appeal.

Also would have liked a little more with Maleficent roaming. Maybe a mini parade with the villains and maybe two floats would suffice.

I know some hated the DJ but I think it was an effort to address the lack of "party atmosphere" at After Hours. I got a survey from the last after hours I attended.
What was the Villains kiss goodnight like?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
What was the Villains kiss goodnight like?

Some banter from the villains from the train station.

jt04

If this event is permanent and I think it should be the definitely need to plus it.

The castle projections and fireworks are first rate. The background music and lighting also are excellent. The villains at the train station seeing guests out of the park is a brilliant idea.

Much needed improvements are the script for the castle show. IMO. More songs less dialog.

And great photo op 3D set pieces in each land would add greatly to the ambiance.

Just as Electric Ocean adds elements each year, Disney should do the same here. I think they could make this a high demand event that always sells out.

All my opinion of course. 😱👻

Purduevian

That makes no sense to me.

My guess, Epcot isn't a park about jumping from awesome ride to awesome ride. On a normal day, only 3 rides command decent wait times Test Track, Soarin, and Frozen.
Magic Kingdom has high wait times on Big Thunder, Splash, Peter Pan, Seven Dwarfs, and Space. With Pirates, Jungle CruiseHaunted Mansion, Pooh, and Buzz sometimes creeping into a high wait time.
Epcot has those 3 and... Mission space? maybe?
Hollywood Studios: Alien Swirling Saucers, Toy Story Mania, Slinky Dog Dash, Tower of Terror, and Rock and Roller coaster with high waits.
Animal Kingdom: Flight of Passage, Navi River Journey, Expedition Everest, with Kilimanjaro and Dinosaur sometimes creeping up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom