Question about when the ride is down during your FP+ window?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Now I'm not newbie to FP+ but I only recently read about this and wanted to confirm this is correct.
Say TT goes down during my FP+ window and I receive the notification that I can use that FP+ for another ride or that ride when it is up and running again... What I read is that FP+ is now considered an anytime FP+ so actually you can leave it be and then go in and say add FP+ and get what's essentially a 4th FP+ for any tier attraction so long as its available and then as long as you use that booked FP+ in its window it will keep your original (now anytime FP+) intact for whenever you choose to ride it that day?

Gillyanne

Now I'm not newbie to FP+ but I only recently read about this and wanted to confirm this is correct.
Say TT goes down during my FP+ window and I receive the notification that I can use that FP+ for another ride or that ride when it is up and running again... What I read is that FP+ is now considered an anytime FP+ so actually you can leave it be and then go in and say add FP+ and get what's essentially a 4th FP+ for any tier attraction so long as its available and then as long as you use that booked FP+ in its window it will keep your original (now anytime FP+) intact for whenever you choose to ride it that day?

Just make sure you are in the window. We got an anytime once when SM was down, still had a POTC one to use, went to use POTC but tapped in a hair too early, and it used our any time instead. We planned to use the anytime on SM and thankfully after we did that, SM came back up and still had regular FP left.

Also a note: once we had a late FEA FP and it went down, so we got an anytime, but since it was so close to close, the anytime extended into the next day, though it may have still been specific to epcot.

Rob562

Also a note: once we had a late FEA FP and it went down, so we got an anytime, but since it was so close to close, the anytime extended into the next day, though it may have still been specific to epcot.

The near-the-end-of-the-day wildcard FP's are any park. (Though it wouldn't surprise me if the fine print excludes one or two top tier attractions, like no FoP)

These wildcard FP's are one of the unsung heroes of the sometimes-complained-about FP+ system. Back in the pre-FP+ days, we had a mid-afternoon paper FP for Pan. The ride went down just as we arrived for our return time, they said to try back later. The ride never reopened that day, despite the park being open to 11 or 12.
Under the paper system, I was just SOL that we'd spent the time waiting for our return time on a busy day (unable to get other FP's) for a ride we never got to ride. Under the FP+ system, that unusable FP+ would at least be redeemable elsewhere.

-Rob

Gillyanne

The near-the-end-of-the-day wildcard FP's are any park. (Though it wouldn't surprise me if the fine print excludes one or two top tier attractions, like no FoP)

Thanks I couldn't specifically remember but had a vague memory of "well darn we don't plan to be here tomorrow" or something but maybe it was just we were out if days before our APs ;)

dreamfinder

Some times I do believe the wild card FP+ had exclusions. IE if your wild card was originally for Dumbo, they might preclude you from using it on 7DMT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom