Strategies for additional Fast Passes

mdcpr

Original Poster
I'm clear that I get 3 Fast Passes to use every day. We're planning to be at the parks at rope drop and use our 1st Fast Pass as soon as we can. Wha is the best strategy to use additional Fast Passes? Watch the lines at the Touring Plan app, wing it, pray to the Gods of Disney...? What's the best strategy to maximize Fast Pass use and additions? Tks.

Schneewittchen

In my experience, grabbing additional FP's is most effective at MK. The other parks have so few rides that they just run out. So maybe I'll be able to get a useful 4th.

In MK, I try to get the initial 3 FP's for the worst waits (Peter Pan, Mine Train, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. And be done with the initial 3 by about 11:30 or 12. You can basically randomly grab FPs for the rest of the day this way.

Back in April I managed to go on 26 attractions with 11 FPs over the course of 12.5 hours.

BraveGirl

Once you tap in for your 3rd FP, go into the app and select guests and the park you want. It will then show you which attractions are available. It doesn’t have to be the same park you are in and you can select another Tier One.
I thought you were only allowed FP in one park per day? I've never had any luck getting additional FPs for anything significant anyway so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make either way lol. But I'll be park hopping on my next trip and would love to try anyway!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I thought you were only allowed FP in one park per day? I've never had any luck getting additional FPs for anything significant anyway so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make either way lol. But I'll be park hopping on my next trip and would love to try anyway!
You cannot pre-book your FPs in more than one park, but after you have used your initial FPs you may book the next (one at a time) at whichever park you want.

Nottamus

Totally depends on timing of trip, but last two for us (November & April) we were able to snag top choice rides (FOP, Soarin) just on the app after all first three used. So, just keep trying, might get lucky! We did

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm clear that I get 3 Fast Passes to use every day. We're planning to be at the parks at rope drop and use our 1st Fast Pass as soon as we can. Wha is the best strategy to use additional Fast Passes? Watch the lines at the Touring Plan app, wing it, pray to the Gods of Disney...? What's the best strategy to maximize Fast Pass use and additions? Tks.
Don't use that first fastpass right away. Book for the opening window (9a to 10a usually), but don't use it until later in the window. You can get on at least one or two rides using the standby line with almost no wait at rope drop, so immediately burning a FP would be a waste.

For example, you might rope drop Big Thunder but then do your 9-10 Fastpass at Splash around 9:45.

Keep your FPs each day physically close to one another so you can bang them out without criss-crossing the parks.

rct247

1. Schedule your first 3 as early and as back to back as possible.
  2. Constantly refresh or go back and forth between pages to refresh times to see times that might be better. Keep picking the next earliest time for the ride you want until you get the time you want.
  3. After your first use, modify the 2nd to see if can be moved up soon. Do the same after you use your 2nd with the 3rd.
  4. If a ride goes down, your bonus fast pass is now not part of the equation. If you've used the other two, you can make an additional AND have the bonus from the downtime.
  5. I can't stress the refresh trick the most. Sometimes refreshing for 10mins straight will score you a great fast pass for a pretty high demand Attraction. Modifying for earlier times can be key too!
Disclaimer: Good luck on either Avatar rides, Slinky, Seven Dwarfs, or Peter Pan. The rest are usually possible, epecially at some point day of as long as it's not insanely busy, the ride hasn't gone down a lot, or the ride is under reduced capacity due to refurbishment or something.

bUU

I would say the best plan is to RELAX and don’t stress it so much. It’s not a “ride” place...it never has been.
I think it is a great luxury to be able to visit the resort that way. We've visited 48 times over the last 35 years, and so if we visit three attractions that have long waits in a day it's a full day for us, spending so much of the rest of the time enjoying other attractions, and just relaxing. However, I can imagine that if it is our only visit over a five or ten year period, things would be a lot different.

aliceismad

Listen to Tuvalu. She knows everything. As soon as you tap your band for your last FP, you can look for another one on the app.

It's luck of the draw, but try to pre-book the most desirable FPs and then ride the less desirable rides on additional FPs. At MK last week, we rode pretty much everything on FP. Many of the less desirable FPs were available late into the afternoon and evening. On Thursday, we didn't even get to the park until 11:30, used our 3 FPs before the 3 pm parade, and then managed 5 additional FPs plus a TS dinner and still left the park by 7:30. However, be aware that doing the park this way may result in a lot of walking as you criss-cross the park from ride to ride if you don't choose rides close to one another.

If you Google, there are a couple of websites with lists of which rides to prioritize for FP and which rides usually have FPs available later in the day.

We had less success with additional FPs at other parks because there are fewer options but we also had other plans than rides at those parks (shows at HS, World Showcase at Epcot, etc.).

danheaton

Like others have said, the Magic Kingdom is a gold mine for additional FPs. Use the first three as early as you can, then refresh the app frequently. With anything but maybe Space Mountain, Peter Pan, or 7DMT, you should be able to get FPs for the other attractions by being persistent. You save so much time by not waiting 45 minutes for Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World, etc.

I have had decent luck at Epcot with the Tier 2 attractions and even with Soarin' and Test Track, but it does take more work to get there.

tomast

I am kind of against of using them as fast as you can. Ideally you need to have FP to the 7D and/or peter pan and/or space mountain. you must use them before midday but at the very begining of the day most rides has very little line. except the 3 ones you already has fp+. So you can go to Thunder and/or Splash and/or Pirates with none or little walkby line. (you might want to go first to thunder).

The easiest fastpass to get on the same day at MK are Haunted Mansion and Buzz so you might leave them for later and get another ride for that aditional fastpass

Simba’s Mom

After you've used and "cleared" your first 3 FP+s, I'm hoping you can get a FP+ for any one of the attractions you've already done, if you want to and a FP+ is available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom