What is the worst ride in Epcot? (Quality-wise)

What is the worst ride in Epcot? (quality)

• Total voters

Trackmaster

I'd say Turtle Talk with Crash. Just a bunch of three year olds talking to a screen of a talking turtle. If you're going to put it on FP+ make it something that an adult can enjoy. I had to open the closed door to get out of that train wreck.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
We had the original souvenir album (pre-CD era), and it wasn't included. I don't think the Horizons song made the cut either.

Possibly since it came out before either was there? Tomorrow's Child wasn't added until the Walter Cronkite version in 1986 (?) and Horizons didn't open until 1983, so maybe it was the original album prior to 1983?

Heppenheimer

Possibly since it came out before either was there? Tomorrow's Child wasn't added until the Walter Cronkite version in 1986 (?) and Horizons didn't open until 1983, so maybe it was the original album prior to 1983?
We bought the album on our trip in 1984. Like all the Disney World souvenir albums, we played it non-stop until the vinyl grooves were scratched almost bare, and it has thus formed a permanent ear worm in my brain (for the same bizarre reason, to this day, I can still recite virtually the entire original Hall of Presidents spiel by memory). I don't remember the order of the tracks, but the album contained the Entrance Theme, The Computer Song, Energy You Make the World Go Round, The Universe of Energy, Listen to the Land, Veggie Fruit, Imagination, Making Memories, Magic Journeys, Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey), It's Fun to be Free and Golden Dream.

And now, I'm going to thoroughly examine my life and why I can remember all of this useless information and not the date of my wedding anniversary.

Weather_Lady

Footnote to my vote: I don't think it's the worst objectively, but the "most recently ruined" ride for me is Soarin'. Any attraction that provides a good-quality visual experience only for people "in the centermost section, middle row" and a crappy visual experience ("Why, the Eiffel Tower looks like that problem Bill Clinton supposedly had!") for the other several dozen ride-goers, is a failure.

thomas998

A poll like this probably needs to be a bit more specific... if you were talking simply bad with no caveats then you get one answer, but if you factor in how the ride was constrained by its intended purpose you get another answer... Sadly when I look at the voting list it just highlights how bad the rides in general are at EPCOT.

J_Carioca

It's Gran Fiesta tour, not grand, and what is wrong with the 24 people who actually think this is the worst ride in all Epcot? It has a beautiful river, a boat ride, a mayan pyramid, lots to look at, a great song, various representations of Mexico (Mexico city, the Mayans, Acapulco in its former glory, markets, day of the dead, food) and last but not least, the three caballeros themselves, straight out of some of the most historically and culturally interesting movies walt Disney did.

But Ok, if you'd rather go on frozen ever after, that's cool.

Last edited:

aliceismad

My 5 year old loved all the rides when she tried them for the first time last week. I don't think any of them is "bad" per se. Maybe a little outdated or less favorable compared with rides at other parks, but I don't think any needs to be outright gutted. I could personally be happy without riding Figment or Mission:Space ever again, but I'd happily enjoy the others. If you're looking "quality-wise" I think M:S is the worst quality simulator I've ever been on. But it's a fun concept. I like the seats and the buttons and the idea of the whole thing. Just need better visuals and smoother motion. M:S Green gave me and DH headaches at the end.

wdwfan4ver

yea, unfortunately I feel like Epcot does not have a list of good quality rides especially compared to other parks in the world. It's definitely a more ambiance park.
I always like Living with the land and Space Ship Earth. Living in the Land was a great attraction back in the early 1990s when I was a teenager. My parents had a garden back when I was growing up plants and and having an attraction that shows plants being grown interested me.

Part of the problem is Disney did bad updates for Rides for Epcot from my view. Imagination ride version 2 and 3 are terrible although 2 is even worse than 3.

Soarin' around the world is a step down from the original. A lot of locations for Soarin's around the world makes landmarks looks distorted unless you are at a certain location for a seating standpoint. To top it off, It is CGI fest.

Test Track really depends on the person due to the big difference between Test Track 1 and 2. Mission: Space green team is worse than first, but it could be based on what I saw before the update. The green team was turned in a outer space version of Soarin' around the World Basically.

The nature of Epcot itself back in its prime was not meant for thrill ride central although A couple plans went through that could've changed the image of Epcot a little bit from a ride standpoint and World Showcase was supposed to have a lot of more rides than it ended up with. Not all World Showcase rides planned were going to be boat rides despite Germany, UK, and Italy had planned boat rides. World showcase itself has a bunch of planned countries never built including Venezuela having a aerial tram ride through a tropical rain forest.

Mount Fuji roller coaster was supposed to be part of the Japan Pavilion. The plan of Mount Fuji was in the 1980s', but it still was mentioned as a future attraction during WDW's 20th anniversary special with John Lithgow back in 1991. Disney had plans of Matterhorn being part of the never built Switzerland Pavilion for Epcot. The Epcot version was supposed to have a 192 foot tall mountain with the entire ride system being inside the mountain aka indoor rollercoaster.

Those two coasters are what if for Epcot if you are a Coaster fan. Before Switzerland Pavilion gets criticized for another European Pavilion, there plans of Epcot showed more variety for regions around the world such as Venezuela, Coastal Rica, Iran, Israel, United Arab Emirates and Equatorial Africa being part of World Showcase. What the unbuilt World Showcase pavilions showed, World Showcase was supposed to have a better balance in regions although it did seem heavy for the Middle East in terms of Iran, Irsael, and Arab Emirates.

I did not mention Brazil because that not really an early planned pavilion compare to the others mentioned.

HoldenC

It was a tough toss up between Figment and The Seas, but I ultimately chose Figment. For me it's one of the worst attractions at WDW....absolutely unbearable to ride. There is so much wasted potential with pavilion themed around the imagination.

JIMINYCR

Empirically though, it is a ride that does what it sets out to do very well. The question was "quality" wise, not what your least favorite is.
Theres lots of other posts in the ...this vs that threads that posters are making their decisions based on their likes and not just quality. IMHO the quality of it does fall below some of the other choices. So I stand with my vote.

danheaton

I see that Figment is dominating this poll, and it's not great, but Nemo is still the bottom for me. The ride essentially blocks the aquarium views beyond the end, and the story is just lazy and a retread of the movie.

jloucks

"worst" is such an extreme word. "least awesome" would make me more comfortable as all of those attractions, at least the first time experiencing, are cool.

joshjoned

It's Gran Fiesta tour, not grand, and what is wrong with the 24 people who actually think this is the worst ride in all Epcot? It has a beautiful river, a boat ride, a mayan pyramid, lots to look at, a great song, various representations of Mexico (Mexico city, the Mayans, Acapulco in its former glory, markets, day of the dead, food) and last but not least, the three caballeros themselves, straight out of some of the most historically and culturally interesting movies walt Disney did.

But Ok, if you'd rather go on frozen ever after, that's cool.

It's a much better ride than It's a Small World, that's for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom