working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

There's been such an uptick in the past year for me. Luckily, my phone labels them "Scam Likely," so I ignore it. Some of the voicemails I receive are hilarious. I get robotic voices telling me to call back or they will "proceed with the court proceedings." :hilarious:

Yeah...the voicemails are often hysterical. I had one claiming to be the IRS and it said "the cops will come to your job and arrest you" if I didn't call back and comply. I don't think the IRS would ever formally use the term "Cops."

HouCuseChickie

My hat's off to you for working out after work. I need to do it early, or it just doesn't happen.

I stopped running a few years ago, I was inhaling too many bugs. It was so disgusting. I could feel them moving in my windpipe and then I could feel its presence for days after it finally died. I can't be the only one who experiences this? :depressed:

The days where I have to put in a weekday training run are sort of a two-a-day scenario for me. It's too dark outside for me to run before work, so I just do my interior workout with things like the bike, climber, weights, etc. in the morning. Then, when I'm done with work, I throw on running gear and do a short training run to work on speed. It's only two weekdays where I have to do this and my longer training runs will be on the weekend, so it feels manageable.

It can get very buggy, but I'll take gnats and mosquitoes over spiders...as well as the snakes that are pretty much impossible to see in the dark. I'm not afraid of snakes, but we also have several poisonous varieties that I don't need to meet on a dark path. I used to walk every single day and weekdays meant being out after dark. I couldn't win...if I walked on the sidewalks, it was web city (people think you are being attacked if you scream when you walk into a web:eek:)...if I walked in the middle of the road, I risked being hit by cars. I am so terrified of spiders that I was usually in the road. There were also issues with stray dogs and the occasional sketchy person, so I was walking with a stun gun attached to one wrist and pepper spray to the other. I walked with a golf club for a while, but someone called the cops on me and I was cornered by multiple police cars around 5:15am. I have inhaled bugs, but I usually have more issues with them going into my ears.

Songbird76

I don't like speed bags, either. I feel like I might accidentally punch myself in the nose.

I did some searching around and I found a few channels for you. These tend to be shorter videos, but you can string them together if you want a longer work out. Some channels have ab workouts too, so you can mix and match.

Ooooh!! Thank you!! I will have to check those out....next week. I'm swamped this week. I have to work tomorrow and Friday nights, and I have a concert on Saturday that I just don't feel totally prepared for. We had a dress rehearsal on Monday night that went until 11:30pm, and I didn't feel like I did very well....I kind of hate singing with a headset because the audience hears EVERYTHING. So I feel like I have to be perfect and there is only one other Soprano 1 to cover if I make a mistake, and one other Soprano 1 who is new and doesn't know all the music yet, so she's going to be lip syncing on the bits she doesn't know. So I have been practicing every spare moment I have. Then DD got stomach flu and was home from school today. We were supposed to have Autism parent training tonight, so I cleaned the house....Wednesday is the only day I have to clean...so I got the bathrooms scrubbed down and bleached, and then DD comes and apologizes for throwing up all over the downstairs bathroom when she wasn't quite fast enough, so we canceled the training and I scrubbed and bleached the bathroom AGAIN. And now I REALLY hope I don't come down with it, because I really don't have time this week to be sick! If I get sick, Jolanda is alone on the soprano parts, and while I'm sure she can manage, it wouldn't be fair to her. And there is one part of Mr. Blue Sky that I'm the only one who sings that because I'm the only one who can hit it. And then I have some improv solo on Long Train Running, but Iris can do that if I'm not there. It just would be really inconvenient. And then Sunday is my parents-in-law's anniversary, and DD's birthday is next week so we're celebrating all that on Sunday. So....prayers and pixie dust that I stay healthy, please!!!

Songbird76

I think you *really* like her or you *really* don't, because some people are gaga for her. So many of my friends told me how fun Turbo Fire is. I've never made it though the entire rotation. I don't like the music, even though it's supposed to be a selling point. She had some custom songs made for Turbo Fire. There's this song with lyrics that are "I'm a bad girl; break me like the law." What? It just made me roll my eyes so hard whenever it came on. Worst song lyrics ever. :hilarious:
Ugh...yeah, I don't particularly like most of the music with Cardio Party either....there are some that are just awful, but I do need music to keep me motivated. But I'm not a fan of hip-hop/rap. Not my thing. I would love something like sweating to the oldies for the music, but I can't stand Richard Simmons.

Songbird76

Hello-

I did a quick, high intensity work out this AM. I wanted to get out for a walk, but it's really coming down and it's been coming down all day. It's also not warm. I think it's supposed to dry up tomorrow, but it's still going to be in the 50s. It warms up quite a bit after that.

Does anyone else get scammy phone calls that leave voicemails? I keep getting voicemails in Mandarin. I got one today that was allegedly from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. In broken English, I got threatened with deportation if I didn't return the call. Let me get right on that! :hilarious:

I am making roasted chickpeas and veggies with lemon-cashew cream for dinner tonight. I went for it this weekend and I now I need to eat something healthy. :p
I've never gotten one of those phone calls myself, but I've heard of people getting them. Sad that people fall for that!!

Songbird76

Yeah...the voicemails are often hysterical. I had one claiming to be the IRS and it said "the cops will come to your job and arrest you" if I didn't call back and comply. I don't think the IRS would ever formally use the term "Cops."
Not to mention that fact that we don't have debtors jail anymore. The police don't come to your door because you failed to pay your bills. They turn it over to a collection agency and hound you on the phone, and your credit gets destroyed so you can't have credit cards, etc.

Sans Souci

The days where I have to put in a weekday training run are sort of a two-a-day scenario for me. It's too dark outside for me to run before work, so I just do my interior workout with things like the bike, climber, weights, etc. in the morning. Then, when I'm done with work, I throw on running gear and do a short training run to work on speed. It's only two weekdays where I have to do this and my longer training runs will be on the weekend, so it feels manageable.

It can get very buggy, but I'll take gnats and mosquitoes over spiders...as well as the snakes that are pretty much impossible to see in the dark. I'm not afraid of snakes, but we also have several poisonous varieties that I don't need to meet on a dark path. I used to walk every single day and weekdays meant being out after dark. I couldn't win...if I walked on the sidewalks, it was web city (people think you are being attacked if you scream when you walk into a web:eek:)...if I walked in the middle of the road, I risked being hit by cars. I am so terrified of spiders that I was usually in the road. There were also issues with stray dogs and the occasional sketchy person, so I was walking with a stun gun attached to one wrist and pepper spray to the other. I walked with a golf club for a while, but someone called the cops on me and I was cornered by multiple police cars around 5:15am. I have inhaled bugs, but I usually have more issues with them going into my ears.

I remember you saying you were walking with a golf club for a while because you felt unsafe. I guess someone thought you were going to vandalize cars with that golf club?

I don't like walking into spider webs. They feel gross to walk through and I am always afraid the spider has ended up on me. I begrudgingly let them live in my house, though. As long as they stay away from my bed, they can stay. I figure they eat the bugs I'd rather not see. Although, they've been slacking, because I am seeing way too many stink bugs in my house. :cautious:

Sans Souci

Ooooh!! Thank you!! I will have to check those out....next week. I'm swamped this week. I have to work tomorrow and Friday nights, and I have a concert on Saturday that I just don't feel totally prepared for. We had a dress rehearsal on Monday night that went until 11:30pm, and I didn't feel like I did very well....I kind of hate singing with a headset because the audience hears EVERYTHING. So I feel like I have to be perfect and there is only one other Soprano 1 to cover if I make a mistake, and one other Soprano 1 who is new and doesn't know all the music yet, so she's going to be lip syncing on the bits she doesn't know. So I have been practicing every spare moment I have. Then DD got stomach flu and was home from school today. We were supposed to have Autism parent training tonight, so I cleaned the house....Wednesday is the only day I have to clean...so I got the bathrooms scrubbed down and bleached, and then DD comes and apologizes for throwing up all over the downstairs bathroom when she wasn't quite fast enough, so we canceled the training and I scrubbed and bleached the bathroom AGAIN. And now I REALLY hope I don't come down with it, because I really don't have time this week to be sick! If I get sick, Jolanda is alone on the soprano parts, and while I'm sure she can manage, it wouldn't be fair to her. And there is one part of Mr. Blue Sky that I'm the only one who sings that because I'm the only one who can hit it. And then I have some improv solo on Long Train Running, but Iris can do that if I'm not there. It just would be really inconvenient. And then Sunday is my parents-in-law's anniversary, and DD's birthday is next week so we're celebrating all that on Sunday. So....prayers and pixie dust that I stay healthy, please!!!

Oh, no. I have read that drinking grape juice is supposed to help prevent the stomach bug. It's an old wives tale, though. I did try it once, out of desperation. My son brought it home and I had no time to be sick. I drank it for nine days straight and I thought I was out of the woods. Nope. I got ill two days after I stopped drinking it. I hope you all remain healthy. I know how awful that is when one person brings it home and you're just waiting for it to hit you and everyone else.

How funny you mention "Mr Blue Sky," I heard that song yesterday. It's not a song you hear everyday, for sure.

Sans Souci

I got an IRS one, too. :hilarious: I think they run them though Google Translate and then you get these crazy English translations.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's been such an uptick in the past year for me. Luckily, my phone labels them "Scam Likely," so I ignore it. Some of the voicemails I receive are hilarious. I get robotic voices telling me to call back or they will "proceed with the court proceedings." :hilarious:

I've also notice the tag about "scam likely" when these random calls come in. We screen everything on the display and never answer any numbers we do not recognize. The answering function is on if someone really needed to reach us.

HouCuseChickie

Ooooh!! Thank you!! I will have to check those out....next week. I'm swamped this week. I have to work tomorrow and Friday nights, and I have a concert on Saturday that I just don't feel totally prepared for. We had a dress rehearsal on Monday night that went until 11:30pm, and I didn't feel like I did very well....I kind of hate singing with a headset because the audience hears EVERYTHING. So I feel like I have to be perfect and there is only one other Soprano 1 to cover if I make a mistake, and one other Soprano 1 who is new and doesn't know all the music yet, so she's going to be lip syncing on the bits she doesn't know. So I have been practicing every spare moment I have.

What are you singing? I always got nervous singing with smaller groups for this very reason. Kind of a...if I wanted a solo, I would have done... Of course, even my last larger choral experience, the director would rely on the small handful of us with more lyric coloratura soprano voices to carry through section, which was always added stress. I'm sure it's hard with a new person too, but practice can do wonders. I'm sure it'll be great :)

Not to mention that fact that we don't have debtors jail anymore. The police don't come to your door because you failed to pay your bills. They turn it over to a collection agency and hound you on the phone, and your credit gets destroyed so you can't have credit cards, etc.

It just amazes me how many people fall for this stuff. My boss messaged us about a more recent one where the scammer calls several times...single ring and then hang up...just to try and bait you into answering the third or fourth call. Thankfully, most of these come up as scam calls and are easily blocked.

HouCuseChickie

I remember you saying you were walking with a golf club for a while because you felt unsafe. I guess someone thought you were going to vandalize cars with that golf club?

I don't like walking into spider webs. They feel gross to walk through and I am always afraid the spider has ended up on me. I begrudgingly let them live in my house, though. As long as they stay away from my bed, they can stay. I figure they eat the bugs I'd rather not see. Although, they've been slacking, because I am seeing way too many stink bugs in my house. :cautious:

I know they are highly beneficial creatures, but aside from the primal fear I experience with them, I've had a few nasty spider bites over the years. The only kind that doesn't bother me are the little jumping ones. I actually took a pic of one the other day just to make sure we weren't dealing with a brown recluse issue...and thankfully, we are not! At least not with that particular spider and her friends. I couldn't even look at the picture too long because even that freaks me out. Man, I hate sink bugs. I'm always afraid one of the dogs will mess with one, although, I will take them any day over the darn asp caterpillars. One of these days, one of us is going to touch one and wind up in the hospital!

Sans Souci

I've also notice the tag about "scam likely" when these random calls come in. We screen everything on the display and never answer any numbers we do not recognize. The answering function is on if someone really needed to reach us.

This is what we do,too. I don't answer for numbers I don't know. I figure they'll they'll leave a message if it's legitimate. There are too many phone scams running out there or it's something equally annoying like Anderson windows.

Sans Souci

Sounds like you're going to be coming to H-town! Congrats!!!

Thanks. I am much more subdued and circumspect this time around. I am kind of dreading it, actually. It's not like driving to an interview, doing the interview and getting in your car or catching a train when you're done. It's flying in the day before, doing a 5+ hour interview and then flying back. I get tired just thinking about it. Waiting for my flight back to Philly after my American Airlines interview was the worst. I had five hours to kill and all I wanted was to get home, so I could just have a good cry in private and move on. I was trying so hard not to cry in public, but tears came out anyway. I was wearing a navy blue dress suit, so I was hoping it looked like I'd been to a funeral. :hilarious:

I did email my doctor last night to see if he thought beta blockers were appropriate for me. I was fine until we got into the group interview with 12 other people. I was really eager to speak and knew what I wanted to say. But once I started speaking, my voice was so shaky. It went down hill from there. I couldn't say what I wanted to say, my heart started racing and my mouth went dry.

Sans Souci

I know they are highly beneficial creatures, but aside from the primal fear I experience with them, I've had a few nasty spider bites over the years. The only kind that doesn't bother me are the little jumping ones. I actually took a pic of one the other day just to make sure we weren't dealing with a brown recluse issue...and thankfully, we are not! At least not with that particular spider and her friends. I couldn't even look at the picture too long because even that freaks me out. Man, I hate sink bugs. I'm always afraid one of the dogs will mess with one, although, I will take them any day over the darn asp caterpillars. One of these days, one of us is going to touch one and wind up in the hospital!

I had to google asp caterpillars. Not only are they gross looking, but the effects of their sting is scary. You know, I'd really like to move to a more temperate region, but then I learn about caterpillars that look like Cousin It that can make you violently ill and I think maybe dealing with ice and snow a few months out of the year isn't such a bad trade off. o_O

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I had horrible sinus/pressure pain early this morning, so I got up around 4:30. I needed to sit upright to help the pressure go down. So, I had a cup of coffee and decided to tackle my workout. It was just over 30 minutes. It wasn't fun, but it's over for the day. I am thinking of going back to an hour of yoga for my workouts. These short, intense workouts make me ravenous. I was up a couple of pounds last week, but I think that was because I had carry outs the night before my weigh in. Restaurant food is notoriously high in sodium.

It's going to be in the low 70s today, so I am definitely getting out for a walk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom