Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

flynnibus

Premium Member
Still more information coming out on park operations: 4-hour wristbands. Looks like DHS will have the benefit of seeing how well all these tiny choices go and adjust accordingly...

So it will take about 1 week for people to start faking the bands :)

CinematicFusion

Wait a minute, I thought they brought in George to """fix""" what Rian Johnson did with Luke from TLJ??? If that was true wouldn't they want him front and center here? Or was that all a load of bullocks to appease to a very small vocal minority who didn't like TLJ... :rolleyes:
Need to switch it to very large vocal majority who didn’t like Last Jedi. Agree...weird not seeing George Lucas there. But that land will always be George Lucas’s land.
Sorry...back on topic... Galaxy’s Edge looks amazing and I can’t wait to go!

donsullivan

Premium Member
So it will take about 1 week for people to start faking the bands :)

thankfully, the band only constrains when you have to leave. To get in you have a reservation form with the names of guests and a unique QR code that has to validate at entry. I’m sure some will try but it will not likely work. There will be an entertaining DisTwitter industry of folks without reservations trying to find hacks to get in.

CinematicFusion

It’s not me saying so. It’s what the actual data shows when not influenced by bots or manipulation.
Actual data shows it was a mixed bag. Movie was a complete division bell for the audience.
You liked it... nothing wrong with your opinion.
Many agreed with you. However, many didn’t like the film. Nothing wrong with feeling the movie was terrible.

We aren’t here to discuss the failures of the last Jedi.
We are here to talk about the success and opening of Galaxy’s edge. It’s going to be amazing.

peter11435

Actual data shows it was a mixed bag. Movie was a complete division bell for the audience.
You liked it... nothing wrong with your opinion.
Many agreed with you. However, many didn’t like the film. Nothing wrong with feeling the movie was terrible.

We aren’t here to discuss the failures of the last Jedi.
We are here to talk about the success and opening of Galaxy’s edge. It’s going to be amazing.
Actually data shows the vast majority liked the movie. Actual data shows the percentage that disliked the movie being somewhere in the 10-15% range. A small minority.

Nothing wrong with disliking the movie or thinking it was terrible. But don’t misrepresent your opinion to be that of the majority when data shows something vastly different.

CinematicFusion

Actually data shows the vast majority liked the movie. Actual data shows the percentage that disliked the movie being somewhere in the 10-15% range. A small minority.

Nothing wrong with disliking the movie or thinking it was terrible. But don’t misrepresent your opinion to be that of the majority when data shows something vastly different.
gen_204

From Forbes: “With regard to that very low audience score, quite a few conspiracy theorists ignored the overwhelming evidence that many moviegoers disliked the film, and circulated accusations of organized vote campaigns designed to drive down the film’s scores, despite the absence of any credible evidence to support this notion.

In late December I spoke with a Rotten Tomatoes representative named Dana Benson who claimed that the company works assiduously to prevent such manipulation and goes to great lengths to verify their ratings’ accuracy and authenticity. “We have several teams of security, network, and social database experts who constantly monitor reviews and ratings to ensure that they are genuine,” Benson told me. “They haven’t seen anything unusual with The Last Jedi.”

Since that quote, the user score has continued to drop to 44%.
Last Jedi is an official mixed bag.
I’ve said my peace, you have said yours.
You are in the 44% who liked the film
I’m in the 56% who disliked it.
Not Much else can be said and it’s ok that you like the film.

Again, we are here to talk about how successful Galaxy’s edge will be.

peter11435

gen_204

From Forbes: “With regard to that very low audience score, quite a few conspiracy theorists ignored the overwhelming evidence that many moviegoers disliked the film, and circulated accusations of organized vote campaigns designed to drive down the film’s scores, despite the absence of any credible evidence to support this notion.

In late December I spoke with a Rotten Tomatoes representative named Dana Benson who claimed that the company works assiduously to prevent such manipulation and goes to great lengths to verify their ratings’ accuracy and authenticity. “We have several teams of security, network, and social database experts who constantly monitor reviews and ratings to ensure that they are genuine,” Benson told me. “They haven’t seen anything unusual with The Last Jedi.”

Rotten tomatoes user ratings are not the only source of data out there and those percentages don’t line up with nearly any other reputable poll. Obviously they will defend the accuracy of their own site because thats what their business is based on. It goes without saying that they would claim the data wasn’t being manipulated by bots and rapid users. Data from other sources simply doesn’t back up their numbers or their claim of accuracy. You are welcome to hate TLJ. But you are still in the minority.

Now back to galaxies edge.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actual data shows it was a mixed bag.
gen_204

Your data is a self-selecting pool. Technically, that's not even data.

However, if were going to use such type of data, then consider IMDB, which has an even larger audience poll, albeit also self-selecting, which gives the movies a good review.

The randomly selected polling of opening weekend audiences gave the third sequel movies a favorable review of the majority.

While critics can certainly split with the audience, generally, they don't by much, and their reviews were actually very positive.

Also, the movies could not have made as much as they did without good word of mouth and multiple viewings (something which the initial polling showed -- the majority of viewers said they would recommend the movie to others).

The only thing that looks like data and is not favorable is the RT audience poll. Which was obviously bombed. By people publicly saying they were bombing it. And who created an online community of alt-right bombers that cause RT to change how they report audience scores. Remember, this is the same RT who say they have everything under control and they're immune from manipulation... and they had to turn of their audience reviews until after the movie is out because... they couldn't stop the manipulation.

Mike S

Your data is a self-selecting pool. Technically, that's not even data.

However, if were going to use such type of data, then consider IMDB, which has an even larger audience poll, albeit also self-selecting, which gives the movies a good review.

The randomly selected polling of opening weekend audiences gave the third sequel movies a favorable review of the majority.

While critics can certainly split with the audience, generally, they don't by much, and their reviews were actually very positive.

Also, the movies could not have made as much as they did without good word of mouth and multiple viewings (something which the initial polling showed -- the majority of viewers said they would recommend the movie to others).

The only thing that looks like data and is not favorable is the RT audience poll. Which was obviously bombed. By people publicly saying they were bombing it. And who created an online community of alt-right bombers that cause RT to change how they report audience scores. Remember, this is the same RT who say they have everything under control and they're immune from manipulation... and they had to turn of their audience reviews until after the movie is out because... they couldn't stop the manipulation.
*Want to see score. Not audience reviews. And if all the people that voted there really didn’t want to see the movie wouldn't that make it accurate data and not manipulation?

And just because you don’t agree with someone doesn’t make them an alt-right racist. Are we back in the 50’s/60’s where everyone was a communist?

Also, $700 million doesn’t just disappear between two movies in a series. A lot of people liked it, a lot of others didn’t. Otherwise we wouldn’t still be arguing going on two years later and there would instead be massive fanbase wide excitement and speculation over 9 like there was before 7 and before 8. I never pretended to know who was the majority because that’s impossible. For all the people taking part in polls there are always millions who don’t and just see a movie and never really speak what they thought except to friends and family. It’s very anecdotal but the people in my family that fall into that category didn’t like it. Take it as you will.

Anyway, back to Star Wars Land. An amazing thing that actually brings people together in their excitement.

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

*Want to see score. Not audience reviews. And if all the people that voted there really didn’t want to see the movie wouldn't that make it accurate data and not manipulation?

And just because you don’t agree with someone doesn’t make them an alt-right racist. Are we back in the 50’s/60’s where everyone was a communist?

Also, $700 million doesn’t just disappear between two movies in a series. A lot of people liked it, a lot of others didn’t. Otherwise we wouldn’t still be arguing going on two years later and there would instead be massive fanbase wide excitement and speculation over 9 like there was before 7 and before 8. I never pretended to know who was the majority because that’s impossible. For all the people taking part in polls there are always millions who don’t and just see a movie and never really speak what they thought except to friends and family. It’s very anecdotal but the people in my family that fall into that category didn’t like it. Take it as you will.

Anyway, back to Star Wars Land. An amazing thing that actually brings people together in their excitement.
I wonder when previews for cast members will take place??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom