Trip Report The Return of Random Day

When: May 8th through the 15th
Who: me - Don (no to be confused with that Donald or the other Donald either) an DW - Diana
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter

We live in Minnesota but are AP holders and fly down two to three times per year. We were supposed to go in February for the Princess run, but I had to cancel because of a work trip and DW went with our youngest DS and his girlfriend and ran without me. Full disclosure - would have loved the trip. Not as much the run. Lol.

This trip will be all about us and not the three boys. In a couple of years we’ll all come together as we had a new addition to our family with our first Grand daughter at the end of the year.

We’ll be doing some new things this trip that we haven’t done before and some old as well, which brings us to “Random Day”. We started this tradition a couple of years ago on our first no kids trip. We set one day of our week with no ADRs or FPS. We wake up when we feel like it, have our coffe and stroll out to the resort bus stop and get on the first one that shows up. We go wherever it takes us and do two things there, we then go back out and get on whatever the first mode of transportation shows up and explore where it drops us off. We then continue the routine for the rest of the day, be it parks, resorts, or anything else. Completely random and luck of the draw.

That being said, here are our plans:

Day 1: MK
FP- POTC - because it’s always the first ride of every trip
FP - BTMR
ADR - lunch at the Diamond Horseshoe (we’ve never done this one and they now serve beer, so roll the dice)
FP - SDMT
Then back to FQ for some R&R
Back to MK for After Hours event and we’ll see how many rides we can get on and if we can stay up as late as we think we can.

Day 2: AK
FP - Safari
FP - Everest
Lunch ?
FP - FOP

Day 3: HS
FP - TSM
FP - Rockin Rollercoaster
Back to FQ for some quality down time
Evening we are headed to Epcot to see what may be our last Illuminations and what better way than by doing something we’ve never done before, the Frozen Desert Party!

Day 4: Mothers Day Epcot
FP - Soarin
FP - the Vegetable Ride
Lunch at several places around the world and a special stop to get my Beverly on!
Back to the pool for the afternoon
A special ADR for the Mom at Boatwrights (also a first)

Day 5: RANDOM DAY!

Day 6: AK
FP - FOP
Lunch at Sanaa

Day 7: check out and head to AK for one last FP at FOP and whatever else we feel like

Since this will be my inaugural trip report, I can only hope you can cut me a little slack as I stumble through this. Enjoy.

NothatDonald

Original Poster
Day three - The park dedicated to cinema (but mostly Star Wars).

E5BE0A0E-0EE7-4106-8BBE-EC05F8FBA7AE.jpeg
5300B08D-58F0-4358-832D-3E81BEDB5F74.jpeg
1A24C9C9-004B-463E-B3F1-85696F7F5A06.jpeg
54A961E8-CE5E-4514-89BF-3D94E4B44586.jpeg

winstongator

Day two - late start. But who cares? We’re on vacation and our FP for FOP wasn’t until later and what better way to start a late morning than blood Mary’s for breakfast (more like brunch lol). That didn’t hold us for long so we headed over to The Nomad Lounge for some “real” lunch.View attachment 371297View attachment 371298View attachment 371299View attachment 371300View attachment 371301
With all the food pictures posted, I think there needs to be a yum emoji. The one I found online doesn't seem sufficient though.

NothatDonald

Original Poster
We strolled around the world and caught up on our lives since we saw each other last and before we knew it, it was time for our Frozen Ever After Desert Party. We showed up at the designated meeting spot and there was a sign that said “due to potential inclement weather meet in Norway”. Ummmmm, ok. I think we have@Darstarr to thank for the weather warning. Instead of having our desert outside, we were led through a cast member only door and up a couple of flights of stairs to a huge dining room above the Frozen ride. I’m easily impressed, but WOW! Seriously cool deal.
63EB164A-4195-4D79-AA1D-20E9B729152B.jpeg
2337418F-BF50-4659-94AD-D069685C467C.jpeg
407F6A03-8DCA-4169-8076-39A279BBFD9B.jpeg
00FE83FF-B6D1-4B58-9FC9-09B385330D82.jpeg
9062D4F2-B3B4-4D35-855B-8CF3C0326E95.jpeg

NothatDonald

Original Poster
After the party we were led out to our IP viewing area and given special “Frozen vision” glasses to view Illuminations. The effects of the glasses was beyond cool! It turned all of the fireworks into snowflakes! I don’t think I’ll ever watch fireworks without them. Another really great first on this trip.

NothatDonald

Original Poster
Sorry we missed you Darstarr, after we last messaged my phone went straight to zero. We really needed to head back to POFQ. I had a Mother’s Day surprise for my wife that I was crossing my fingers that I’d be able to pull off. She knew we had a dinner reservation at Boatwrights and that we were going to walk along the river to get there. We had the crawfish bisque and prime rib that was butter knife tender.
CBB963AF-69D9-4FBC-92D4-C1051C07FD45.jpeg
974AB367-4DA0-433B-8672-2551A57EB2E2.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom