News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

My bad. I shouldn't have fed the troll. I know better. Really.
I am not trolling. just stating Disney has said this is the official opening. I could see if they had a AP preview or a hard ticket preview you could say those were a test or soft opening but this is listed as the official opening. not trolling just wondering why you keep calling it a trial/soft opening?

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

1Happy, Old Mouseketeer brings up some great points here and don’t know why you’re so quick to disagree. Both sides they brought up make sense, yet you think only one can happen. I’d just take a step back and look at it from a different angle for once. Also, if it’s going to be shoulder-to-shoulder, why even use the reservation system?
I think the reservation system is just so everyone who buys a park ticket can't get into the land and overcrowd it like a wal-mart on black Friday. it is so they can control capacity. by opening a new land to the park they have now added more to the overall park capacity limit and they want to control the land capacity for the first couple of months. I think there will be 6 hour plus wait times for the falcon, once you are in line you can stay in line even if you got in line before your reservation was up but once you are done you have to leave. even though there will be no stand by queue for the land, your average joe is still going to go to that area to check it out to see how the activity looks down that way even if they can't get into the land. people who have no idea there was a reservation system will still go there trying to get in or check the area out. it is going to packed in that area of the park no matter what and this way they can control who can get in but still make sure the max number of people can get into the land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

But, wait. This is FLYING THE FALCON. You mean the pilot really doesn't do much, and doesn't REALLY impact the ride progress. Wow, who would have ever thought, and posted that...
like he said even if no one pushed any buttons the ride would still function it would just cost you some points like a video game.

The Mur

I think the reservation system is just so everyone who buys a park ticket can't get into the land and overcrowd it like a wal-mart on black Friday. it is so they can control capacity. by opening a new land to the park they have now added more to the overall park capacity limit and they want to control the land capacity for the first couple of months. I think there will be 6 hour plus wait times for the falcon, once you are in line you can stay in line even if you got in line before your reservation was up but once you are done you have to leave. even though there will be no stand by queue for the land, your average joe is still going to go to that area to check it out to see how the activity looks down that way even if they can't get into the land. people who have no idea there was a reservation system will still go there trying to get in or check the area out. it is going to packed in that area of the park no matter what and this way they can control who can get in but still make sure the max number of people can get into the land.
I understand the other reason for the reservations is that the land is opening early and many of the annual passes were not set to be blocked out until late June when it was first expected to open. So reservations will keep it manageable at opening when the cast members will first struggle with the challenges of a new land!

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I understand the other reason for the reservations is that the land is opening early and many of the annual passes were not set to be blocked out until late June when it was first expected to open. So reservations will keep it manageable at opening when the cast members will first struggle with the challenges of a new land!
I could see that to a ceratin extent. I still don't think it is a early opening. it is the land is built and ready to go. I think they expected to have RISE running at this time but ran into issues, so they are going to go ahead without it. very similar to when toon town opened and CARTOON SPIN was not ready to be opened yet and opened up much later after the land did. I don't see galaxy edge as opening early.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Totally. Just so mind blowing how close we are. We’re only used to seeing the construction updates in DHS.
it is cool Disneyland is getting a official new land. I'm not one of those who hate this on principal because "STAR WARS does not belong at DISNEYLAND". That is not me. I do think when you have a land geared towards one single IP you limit yourself to the type of ride experiences you can have in the land. I mean Adventureland and New Orleans Square work because you can have jungle cruise and Indy next to each other and Pirates and Mansion next to each other. so that is a little off putting. I mainly have an issues with what era they decided to set the land in and in some of the execution but that's all. I hope it is a success and I look forward to visiting it one day. I remember when TOONTOWN first opened, and it was sooo packed. I think they learned their lesson since then, hence the reservation system to control capacity during the first couple of months.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They are training CMs not just to say "Bright Suns" or direct people to the "refresher", but to deny the existence of Disneyland

That's not much different than the face M&Gs. Talk to Jasmine about planes and she won't know what you're talking about: "Is that a flying carpet made from metals?" The ones from old times will pretend to not to know what a cell phone is: "Is that a magic portraiture device?" They'll pretend that you never even said the word "Epcot."

Snow Queen

More aerials:

Amazing! No construction equipment to be seen.

tenor.gif

Movielover

That's not much different than the face M&Gs. Talk to Jasmine about planes and she won't know what you're talking about: "Is that a flying carpet made from metals?" The ones from old times will pretend to not to know what a cell phone is: "Is that a magic portraiture device?" They'll pretend that you never even said the word "Epcot."

The only difference is those are face characters that go through stupid amount of casting and rehearsal before becoming the character, and usually have a acting history. Where as it sounds like all the front line CM in SW:GE will be "in character" which is very similar to the HP lands in Universal. It may be tough for some of them to stay in character 100% of the time.

ThistleMae

I do hope the ride is super awesome, and that the hype is more accurate than not. I didn't believe that FOP could be as cool as it is. I was pleasantly surprised and feel it's the best ride I've ever been on...by far! So can't wait to hear from all the folks who get to experience it. I'm sure the land will be unique and that in itself is a draw. So far, my favorite themed area is Harry Potter. I just feel so immersed just walking around, especially at night. If they do an amazing job with SWGE, I will be in heaven!

Stevek

I wonder what will happen if I I get assigned a position but I don't want to hit any buttons or anything? I am old school. I don't want to play a video game, I want to go on a ride and let the ride give me an experience. so if I don't push the buttons what would happen? if I am the pilot will it not move at all or will it still move because it is a simulator with programmed moves built into it? if I don't push the gunner button will the ship get shot down? if I am a engineer and I don't hit the button will the ship not get repaired and get destroyed. I am curious.
If you know the ride requires interaction but don’t want to participate, why would you go on it? The experience you want doesn’t exist.

Last edited:

SSG

More on building your own lightsaber at Savi's

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-galaxys-edge/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0425190045A

Mostly backstory and old info, but it confirms "up to 14 builders at a time to choose their crystal and craft their lightsaber."

So, figure three sessions per hour, that's 42 builders per hour. Depending on how long the park is open between 500-600 people per day can do this. For what will be a hugely popular experience.

What will the tariff be on this? Gotta be huge.

shanew21

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...s-galaxys-edge/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q3wo0425190045A

Mostly backstory and old info, but it confirms "up to 14 builders at a time to choose their crystal and craft their lightsaber."

So, figure three sessions per hour, that's 42 builders per hour. Depending on how long the park is open between 500-600 people per day can do this. For what will be a hugely popular experience.

Yeah this will have to be insanely expensive to reduce demand. I don't see how else they could do it.

Disney Analyst

Aren’t the handles alone like 120? I can’t imagine it will be as popular due to price. Then you need to buy crystal, the Sabre...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom