News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

BWDVCkidsince96

OK so this is a renovation in Disney that I would normally completely disregard and not be concerned with, but I am now an obnoxious soon to be disney bride, and that walkway is used for some of the best wedding photos (I think...or at least there are photos that definitely would have this construction in the background) so is there any chance this is done by November? We are paying an arm and a leg for those darn cliche wedding photos in MK at 6-7am and the primary reason is for some good castle photos. I received an email from the photography people letting us know that due to construction we wouldn't be able to take photos with the Walt and Mickey statue, but I wasn't clear on what other areas would be under construction. :(

Kman101

OK so this is a renovation in Disney that I would normally completely disregard and not be concerned with, but I am now an obnoxious soon to be disney bride, and that walkway is used for some of the best wedding photos (I think...or at least there are photos that definitely would have this construction in the background) so is there any chance this is done by November? We are paying an arm and a leg for those darn cliche wedding photos in MK at 6-7am and the primary reason is for some good castle photos. I received an email from the photography people letting us know that due to construction we wouldn't be able to take photos with the Walt and Mickey statue, but I wasn't clear on what other areas would be under construction. :(

I imagine they decorate the castle at some point for the 50th (which is two years away and some change, but still ... they move slow) ... not sure if that's in the plans but I imagine there's going to be castle work soon. Probably after the lights this year. Just a guess. So I guess be glad you will be getting some castle shots :)

Interesting you won't be able to take photos with the Partners Statue. Is it being refurbed? What construction work is coming? Interesting. Did I miss this somewhere? LOL

Congratulations, too!

Lensman

How do people think they're going to handle the outdoor seating for Sleepy Hollow Refreshments? Will they continue to have seating by the railing but just use the space to widen the gap between the railing seating and the rest of the seating nearer to the building? Or would they move all the seating closer to the building and allow the path to neighbor the moat instead? Or are they not widening that section at all?

A facepalm AND eyeroll would be great :)
Not to be a spoilsport to the fun, but do you think that people would just use this in too serious a manner and get away with personal attacks? Then we might be stuck with having to report reactions. Lol. OTOH, I guess we could just interpret all reactions as being reactions to the ideas and not ad hominems.

Or do you think that, like all current reactions, they are only meant to be used in positive agreement or sympathy with the post? So we'd only be able to use the facepalm and eyeroll sympathetically? Lol I know I'm overthinking it, so please feel free to facepalm or eyeroll me.

Kman101

How do people think they're going to handle the outdoor seating for Sleepy Hollow Refreshments? Will they continue to have seating by the railing but just use the space to widen the gap between the railing seating and the rest of the seating nearer to the building? Or would they move all the seating closer to the building and allow the path to neighbor the moat instead? Or are they not widening that section at all?

Not to be a spoilsport to the fun, but do you think that people would just use this in too serious a manner and get away with personal attacks? Then we might be stuck with having to report reactions. Lol. OTOH, I guess we could just interpret all reactions as being reactions to the ideas and not ad hominems.

Or do you think that, like all current reactions, they are only meant to be used in positive agreement or sympathy with the post? So we'd only be able to use the facepalm and eyeroll sympathetically? Lol I know I'm overthinking it, so please feel free to facepalm or eyeroll me.

I agree they could cause problems, lol ...

Agreed on the seating area. To be blunt, it's very much in the way. I guess this addresses that too but they should expand the covered seating, if they can, and remove the tables and chairs by the walkway... IMO

Tanna Eros

That's actually a misery for you, and I'm sorry.
Some of these actions might be taken due to the amount of people and safety codes, but that does nothing to fix your situation.
I recall a wedding so wet and muddy, I had to resort to sticking some of the table flowers in mud right in front of me and shooting the couple over the top of them, to disguise that they were standing on flattened cardboard boxes. I'm hoping that they can provide some kind of pristine scenario so they avoid any construction on your photos.

Kingoglow

Obnoxious indeed. I am sure that you will get great shots someone in the park.

Tanna Eros

Obnoxious indeed. I am sure that you will get great shots someone in the park.
Well, the admitting to being obnoxious about this one event means she very well not be obnoxious at any other time.
Weddings are a strange event.
A restauranteur that I knew from childhood who was the sweetest, most caring person all her life, had to have her wedding just so.
I decorated a wedding where the ushers accidentally wore the flower girls' (Yes, multiple flower girls) fascinators as boutonnières. At that moment, it was a travesty, it was devastating. 2 months later, they were grateful and humored to have the photos of it before they were changed out. It's really just a six month window of stress before the wedding, then afterwards, everything is fine.
For my own wedding, I tossed out all the expectations and expenses and just threw a party with the dough. I couldn't take the stress of planning.

Disney does push their proposal/wedding magic moments. This is a service they offer, and they advertise perfection. They hire the best photogs they can get their mitts on. They sell the image by using past photo sessions, and this guest has been told some of the options are not available. It's okay to be upset over that.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 25, 2019. Some complex concrete forms being assembled along this stretch of the moat/walkway.

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

Kman101

The Plaza Swan Boats were not only fun to ride, they looked very elegant as they sailed past the Crystal Palace. I miss what they brought to the park.

Always thought it was a shame the MK and then later AK dumped their relaxing boat rides. I know in AK's case guests assumed it was a real attraction and were disappointed. Not to mention the looooooong lines (also assume it was an easy budget cut but I sure wish they would bring it back). I don't think the MK, with it's capacity, could handle the Swan Boats or Canoes or Keelboats anymore, as much as I'd love them all back tomorrow.

MaryJaneP

Wow. To the about-to-be-married poster, we are not familiar with that spot being a wedding photo choice. We are more familiar with the rose garden area (near Tomorrowland). If memory serves, isn't the area under construction (and the Castle behind it) in shadow at that time of the morning (6-7am)? To our knowledge, the Sun at that time is just rising in the east (behind Space Mountain and towards Bay Lake) before transitting across the sky and setting in the west (behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad), but we certainly could be wrong.

JohnD

I imagine they decorate the castle at some point for the 50th (which is two years away and some change, but still ... they move slow) ... not sure if that's in the plans but I imagine there's going to be castle work soon. Probably after the lights this year. Just a guess. So I guess be glad you will be getting some castle shots :)

Interesting you won't be able to take photos with the Partners Statue. Is it being refurbed? What construction work is coming? Interesting. Did I miss this somewhere? LOL

Congratulations, too!

Hmm. November. Crane for castle lights?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom