September 2019

Bgiatalia

I always try to visit Disney world in September. I was planning to go this September with my four year old and one year old but now I’m worried with the new SWGE opening.
Do you think the crowds will be extremely high? Spillovers?
Wondering if I should skip this year.

KJ1081

I’m in the same boat. My husband, 3 year old, and I were planning I go for one last food and wine before she starts school. I’m so unsure what to do. I’d rather wait longer to take a trip than to wait forever in line there.

Upvote 0

Bgiatalia

Original Poster
I’m in the same boat. My husband, 3 year old, and I were planning I go for one last food and wine before she starts school. I’m so unsure what to do. I’d rather wait longer to take a trip than to wait forever in line there.
Yes exactly! Wanted to get one last September in before my oldest starts school.

Upvote 0

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'm there the last week of September. My feeling is that Epcot for F&W(especially weekends when the locals go) and DHS will be packed. DAK and the MK will be normal maybe less busy.

My feeling is that the while some people will make the trip solely for SWGE, a large portion of the influx of crowds will be locals, since there appear to be no blackout dates for any APs. Also because there is no FP offered, it levels the playing field for locals who may be more enticed to take the trip.

It also appears that there is still plenty of availability at Disney Hotels for September. The current availability is rack rate and not currently discounted. They were discounted earlier this year before the early opening announcement of SWGE for travel through September 30. I actually think that the phased opening may keep many guests who only travel to Disney once every 2-4 years away until the land is complete. I wouldn't even be surprised if they announce fall discounts and AP discounts in the next couple of weeks. .

Upvote 0

Dave B

I am not thinking there will be any Fall discount's because of Star Wars opening and the Holidays are already so busy, I do not think they need to offer anything unfortunately, we will see

Upvote 0

Roakor

I booked mid sept for the sole purpose of avoiding the Star Wars crowd. So much for planning ahead. But i am hoping as mentioned above, most of the increase is locals going solely for starwars and we can just avoid it.

Upvote 0

JohnD

I always try to visit Disney world in September. I was planning to go this September with my four year old and one year old but now I’m worried with the new SWGE opening.
Do you think the crowds will be extremely high? Spillovers?
Wondering if I should skip this year.

I’m thinking yes. Extra extra magic hours may not work to your situation. Three of the four parks, excluding Epcot (depending on day) will open at 6am. May be too early for your little ones. It also guarantees more people already in the parks before official park opening. I can’t tell you to skip but you’ll need to factor this in when making a decision.

Before knowing about EEMH, I decided I would go in the Spring and skip fall because of grand opening crowds. Good luck!

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'm there the last week of September. My feeling is that Epcot for F&W(especially weekends when the locals go) and DHS will be packed. DAK and the MK will be normal maybe less busy.

My feeling is that the while some people will make the trip solely for SWGE, a large portion of the influx of crowds will be locals, since there appear to be no blackout dates for any APs. Also because there is no FP offered, it levels the playing field for locals who may be more enticed to take the trip.

It also appears that there is still plenty of availability at Disney Hotels for September. The current availability is rack rate and not currently discounted. They were discounted earlier this year before the early opening announcement of SWGE for travel through September 30. I actually think that the phased opening may keep many guests who only travel to Disney once every 2-4 years away until the land is complete. I wouldn't even be surprised if they announce fall discounts and AP discounts in the next couple of weeks. .

Theme Park Select is blocked out August to the end of the year in HS. I honestly wonder if they have sold any of these passes. Who wants a pass blocking out an entire park for 5 or more months?

Upvote 0

Dave B

I’m thinking yes. Extra extra magic hours may not work to your situation. Three of the four parks, excluding Epcot (depending on day) will open at 6am. May be too early for your little ones. It also guarantees more people already in the parks before official park opening. I can’t tell you to skip but you’ll need to factor this in when making a decision.

Before knowing about EEMH, I decided I would go in the Spring and skip fall because of grand opening crowds. Good luck!
Only HS is opening at 6 am, the others are at 7, I believe

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think it will be extremely high. Definitely higher than usual but I don't think the spillover will be as bad. Just go and enjoy yourself. You can keep yourself away from Galaxy's Edge if you want to avoid the heavy crowds. Plus, we still don't know what kind of tricks Disney has up their sleeves for Galaxy's Edge at HS. We only know of the Extra, Extra Magic Hours so far. They could still announce crowd control operations.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom