The Mandalorian

brb1006

Logo
themandaloriantitlecard.jpg

WhatJaneSays

I was lucky enough to get into that panel and I have faith in Jon Favreau ... but so far everything feels more fan-service than substance. I want it to do well for the sake of future other Star Wars live action projects and the amazing creative team behind this series.

erasure fan1

I was lucky enough to get into that panel and I have faith in Jon Favreau ... but so far everything feels more fan-service than substance. I want it to do well for the sake of future other Star Wars live action projects and the amazing creative team behind this series.
Thats because what they showed was fan service. I don't think that the show was really ready to show off. What you did see seemed unfinished and that leads me to believe that they figured they have to give the fans something. That is why the footage wasn't released online. So give the fans some good ole fan service while you finish things up.

WhatJaneSays

Thats because what they showed was fan service. I don't think that the show was really ready to show off. What you did see seemed unfinished and that leads me to believe that they figured they have to give the fans something. That is why the footage wasn't released online. So give the fans some good ole fan service while you finish things up.
I did expect most/all of the footage we got at the panel to be fan service. That's why we go to these things! The general tone and other industry scuttlebutt just doesn't seem to indicate much more. It's still far to early to tell and Lucasfilm is more secretive than average. Personally I hope for something unique, but I don't know how out of the box Star Wars is willing to go, especially within in the context of something that fans know reasonably well like Mandalorians/Mandalore.

erasure fan1

I did expect most/all of the footage we got at the panel to be fan service. That's why we go to these things! The general tone and other industry scuttlebutt just doesn't seem to indicate much more. It's still far to early to tell and Lucasfilm is more secretive than average. Personally I hope for something unique, but I don't know how out of the box Star Wars is willing to go, especially within in the context of something that fans know reasonably well like Mandalorians/Mandalore.
That's the thing, it is far too early. I personally haven't payed too much attention to this because of that. Once we get that guns a blazing ready for prime time trailer, then I will start to form an opinion. I don't think you have too much to worry about with them going out of the box because I get the feeling they let Favreau do what he wanted (except use Boba fett).

tk924

More reasons why I think The Mandalorian will be good. Not only did Favreau consult with Lucas (much like Gareth Edwards) but this movie picks up after ROTJ (much like Rogue One leads right up to ANH).

https://www.deseretnews.com/article...-asked-star-wars-george-lucas-for-advice.html

"Star Wars” creator George Lucas hasn’t been involved in day-to-day franchise operations since selling LucasFilm to Disney, but, “The Mandalorian” director Jon Favreau said Lucas was more than willing to offer advice.
In an interview with GQ Middle East, Favreau said he had “a long talk” with Lucas while planning the series. At the time, the older director recommended Favreau stick with classic mythology conventions for his series.
“One thing he said to me was, ‘Remember, Jon, the real audience for all stories and all myths is the kids that are coming of age,’ because he’s really a Joseph Campbell adherent,” Favreau said.
ComicBook.com notes that Lucas’ advice refers to Campbell’s “The Hero’s Journey,” which is a literary cycle often used to tell stories about heroes who go on adventures, like Odysseus or Luke Skywalker. Campbell’s writing also served as a major inspiration for “A New Hope,” Lucas’ first “Star Wars” movie.
According to TV Tropes, The Hero’s Journey emphasizes three basic steps of a hero’s journey:
  • Departure: the Hero leaves the familiar world behind.
  • Initiation: the Hero learns to navigate the unfamiliar world of adventure.
  • Return: the Hero returns to the familiar world.
Campbell also wrote that mythological adventures often begin with a call to adventure, various challenges, a dark low point, and eventual atonement and a return home.
According to Favreau, storytelling through “The Hero’s Journey” helps impart wisdom to younger generations.

“We enjoy the stories as adults, but really, storytelling is about imparting the wisdom of the previous generations on to the children who are becoming adults and giving them a context for how to behave and how to learn the lessons of the past without making the mistakes on their own,” he said.

According to Deseret News, “The Mandalorian” follows Pedro Pascal’s Mandalorian gunslinger following the events of “Return of the Jedi.” I previously reported the series will launch alongside Disney Plus on Nov. 12.

disneyforever101396

I may not have seen a preview for this show, but I'm already hooked on The Mandalorian! This will blow Stranger Things out of the water for sure! It's the best reason why I'm subscribing to Disney+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom