Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

No dodge JT. I feel how I feel :) Just my opinion. Not sure why everyone tries to argue with someone's opinion all the time.

You talk in facts like you know how things work, but you don't. Stop. I get you have a role to play but sometimes it's a bit tiring.

Your critical stance indicates you know a better solution. I genuinely want to hear from critics how Disney could handle the situation better.

Purduevian

What if they opened Avatar Land with just the boat ride and they held off on the simulator and restaurant?

This is defiantly not the same situation as that they are opening a land with:
1)Major E-Ticket
2) 2 QSR locations
3)Cantina/bar
4)Numerous stores with highly sought after merchandise

They are opening a land on the scale of Diagon alley with a second major E-ticket opening a few months later.

GoofZ

1)Major E-Ticket
2) 2 QSR locations
3)Cantina/bar

They are opening a land on the scale of Diagon alley with a second major E-ticket opening a few months later.
I totally agree with this statement, the argument being presented opposite to this is a total reach and nothing more than argument for the sake of argument. Which is par for the course here lol.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't think anyone has said for sure, but I would guess that the lack of a TSR at start was not a budget cut/bean counter issue. If anything, those folks would be all over themselves to build a revenue generating location. The TSR was planned and officially announced but never built -- that sounds like it was Ops that pulled the plug on it because it would be insane when the land opens and so counter service will work better operationally. The space is there for the TSR and it will be built down the road when the land is established and can handle it.

The fact that they didn't even build the shell of the TSR leads me to believe that it will be a long time before it happens, if it happens at all. Even if budget was an issue, building the shell wouldn't have added much to the cost especially since it appears to be completely behind the façade of other buildings so there would be no external themeing involved.

Kman101

1)Major E-Ticket
2) 2 QSR locations
3)Cantina/bar

Of course. Always an excuse for some to not call them out when they deserve it. It honestly feels like talking to brick walls sometime.

It is the same thing, comparing them, regardless of scale or anticipation.

Kman101

I totally agree with this statement, the argument being presented opposite to this is a total reach and nothing more than argument for the sake of argument. Which is par for the course here lol.

lol.

I give up.

Everything's dismissed as arguing for arguing's sake. That's not what I'm doing.

How can so many have blinders on??

Kman101

Your critical stance indicates you know a better solution. I genuinely want to hear from critics how Disney could handle the situation better.

My opinion on the matter doesn't mean I have to have a miracle solution. LOL. I initially thought it was smart to open it earlier too.

I truthfully have valid concerns about their plans. If it were just the dark ride not opening, I wouldn't be as critical. I just see a lot of fumbling and mistakes with how they're handling this.

And people also need to understand that I'm not trying to be negative just to be negative. I want to give them credit for opening it early. But they make it very hard for me to do that. I'm a fan. I have an annual pass. I'm in the parks A LOT. I care very much. I just think the roll out is going to be rough and that's not a good look. They got quite a bit of criticism for the rollout of TSL not having shade, a lack of a real eatery, shop, etc. ...

jt04

My opinion on the matter doesn't mean I have to have a miracle solution. LOL. I initially thought it was smart to open it earlier too.

I truthfully have valid concerns about their plans. If it were just the dark ride not opening, I wouldn't be as critical. I just see a lot of fumbling and mistakes with how they're handling this.

And people also need to understand that I'm not trying to be negative just to be negative. I want to give them credit for opening it early. But they make it very hard for me to do that. I'm a fan. I have an annual pass. I'm in the parks A LOT. I care very much. I just think the roll out is going to be rough and that's not a good look. They got quite a bit of criticism for the rollout of TSL not having shade, a lack of a real eatery, shop, etc. ...

I appreciate the response. However criticism doesn't resonate with me without also offering up a worthwhile solution. A Star Wars Land was always going to be a zoo at opening. It is its destiny so to speak.

Not singling you out, I have been critical of all critics who don't explain how it could or should be done better.

Anyone can Monday morning quarterback.

drod1985

If this rumored X-Wing and TIE fighter thing happens in the air (like previously rumored) all is forgiven.

Back in August I brought up how drones could be used to enhance the atmosphere. Either make them forced perspective ships flying in the distance or dress them as droids navigating (safely) over the land. IIRC @SpoiledBlueMilk pointed out how Disney's guest waivers have been including drones as of late.

jt04

build bigger lands? fix the park they picked to pop it in in florida? not attach it to the back of disneyland like a cancer?
not have become a publicly traded company.....zing.

All valid points to one degree or another. Unfortunately this is water that passed under the bridge a long time ago.

Solutions need to be based in the here and now. This isn't some fantasyland. Oh wait, it kinda is.

Zap! Biff! Bam!

Frontierland's Finest

Maybe the TSR is going to be their version of DLC. EA is the worst offender when it comes to DLC in video games, but what if Disney is using a similar DLC-style model for future expansions in Galaxy's Edge?

It's kind of out there, but it's just a thought.

Razgriz

fdm1nOR.jpg

gorillaball

A lot of people will delay for the completed land thereby helping mitigate the initial rush.

Nice dodge of my questions though.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but must always be fair in my opinion, I’m actually with JT on this one ongoing back and forth discussion.
TSR decision was obviously made long long ago, so early or late open that’s not changing. Droids, not a good idea for quite some time until chaos dies down, so no impact to early or late opening. So that leaves us down to the original talking point of open early with everything except ROTR or open later with that, and I think they made the right decision for several reasons already covered extensively.

Razgriz

Nice artwork, but the soda bomb will be much smaller in real life.
Yeah, I was doing it on my phone when I had a minute but couldn't properly resize it.

My first thought seeing that Sprite bottle was that character from one of the animated series who is a racer with all green and yellow and has sponsor labels everywhere.

I'd actually be more okay with the whole thing if they actually had a faux ad with him pimping Galaxy's Edge Sprite via a holoprojector or little poster.
Just because it would be pretty funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom