Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

LOL. What a mess this is turning out to be! This is NOT how you roll out the most anticipated land in Disney history ...

Funny how these obscure sources turn into a serious discussion.

The site that can't be named is traveling an eerily (or should I say ear-ily) similar path to what that dude at mousesteps traveled several years ago.

My belief is demand exceeded expectations even with two lands and staggered openings became necessary and would have happened in any case.

Surferboy567

Funny how these obscure sources turn into a serious discussion.

The site that can't be named is traveling an eerily (or should I say ear-ily) similar path to what that dude at mousesteps traveled several years ago.

My belief is demand exceeded expectations even with two lands and staggered openings became necessary and would have happened in any case.

I think you just nailed it on the head. This land is SO anticipated if they mess it up casual park goers and even diehards like us. Will be extremely disappointed. This is a crazy large fan base for Star Wars and even the smallest detail matters. This of course doesn’t excuse them from not being ready. I can at least though understand where they are coming from. I’m sure all this anticipation and waiting will pay off when the full vision has been realized.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Missing TSR...

Epcot_Imagineer

It was confirmed the TSR wasn't happening what, a month ago? Unsure why this is suddenly a surprise to anyone. I do remember insiders here being aware of the change, but confused about why the footprint for the restaurant itself is still there, other than that they would just build it at a later date. They who shan't be named crying 'budget cuts' doesn't really affect this one way or another. Maybe it was cuts, maybe they decided to stop construction to focus on the attractions, maybe they decided to postpone it... all we know for certain is that they're not currently building it, and Disney confirmed as such.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It was confirmed the TSR wasn't happening what, a month ago? Unsure why this is suddenly a surprise to anyone. I do remember insiders here being aware of the change, but confused about why the footprint for the restaurant itself is still there, other than that they would just build it at a later date. They who shan't be named crying 'budget cuts' doesn't really affect this one way or another. Maybe it was cuts, maybe they decided to stop construction to focus on the attractions, maybe they decided to postpone it... all we know for certain is that they're not currently building it, and Disney confirmed as such.

Is it currently being built in DL's version?

Surferboy567

I saw some erroneous “news” online about Oga’s Cantina in Galaxy’s Edge that I wanted to clear up. The fake news claimed that Oga’s was behind schedule due to budget cuts and that it only had a capacity of 30 people. Both of those things are false.

There isn’t a sit-down restaurant included in the cantina. As we first wrote in August of last year, Oga’s is a beverage establishment. The entire Cantina will be ready on May 31.

Additionally, the capacity of the location is not 30; it will be able to accommodate at least 5 times that! Again, this isn’t new information, we wrote about that last year as well.

However, a time limit will likely be necessary in the early days of the land which may take the form of a drink limit to cap time in the establishment to around an hour.

If you see folks spreading the fake news, please help correct the record.

Source: MiceChat

The site that shall not be named is spreading false info...allegedly

tomast

Exactly. TSR has been cut for sometime as it is (I believe) not in the model and the space it occupies is empty land currently. Future expansion, if ever.

Oga’s as confirmed by people who have been inside (on media tour) has limited seating but can fit 150-180 standing.
Sory for this question. It has been long since I have this doubt and I am too afraid to ask now, but.. the cantina with the "cooking" droids and oga's are the same place??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom