Need some help!

100acrekingdom

Me and my family will only be in the parks 2.5 days. Our first day we plan to get to the parks by 3:30 and stay til close but I'm having a hard time figuring out which park to do. We booked Early Morning Magic tickets at Magic Kingdom for the last day so that is for sure where we will be spending that day. I know that we for sure want to do Epcot because my child has been dying to meet Elsa and Anna and the whole family would enjoy all the rides there. Hollywood Studios is also a contender--my kids would NOT ride tower of terror or rockin rollercoaster but they would love toy story land (esp at night) and the pixar characters.

Kids are aged 4 & 7 and we are not doing park hopper. This is their first visit to Disney so I want to make it magical!

What plan would you choose?
Plan 1.
Day 1 MK
Day 2 Epcot
Day 3 MK

Plan 2.
Day 1 HS
Day 2 Epcot
Day 3 MK

Plan 3.
Day 1 Epcot
Day 2 HS
Day 3 MK

nickys

Premium Member
Plan 2 for sure!

You don’t say if you are staying onsite or not, but you should be able to get an FP for one of the Toy Story rides. Slinky is unlikely, even if staying onsite, because it’s your first day. But you’ll have time to enjoy the land and do some other things at DHS. The Indy stunt show is fun, or one of the stage shows. Star Tours too, it’s a simulator ride, jerky but fun. And the Muppets. Without all the Star Wars stuff, DHS for your first day is doable.

Then do Epcot on day 2. You’ll need to pick your tier 1 FP. FEA perhaps and the meet and greet is right there. Or head there first and get an FP for TT or Soarin. Spaceship Earth is worth an FP, the lines build quickly. Mission Space is just one FP, you can choose which to do - green is totally tame, orange not so much!

Upvote 0

DisDadWoz

Plan 2

Based on what you stated about your kids it is the best to get Toy Story land in at night. You'll likely not get a slinky dog FP but still try for anything you can get. This also gives you all day at EPCOT to your meet and greet in and plan for FP's a little better.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Plan 1... mostly because this is your first trip to WDW and the young kids ages. Theres so much to see and experience at MK that giving yourself 2 days to experience it all will allow you to have the most fun. It is the park that is most fun for kids of your ages. EP, besides doing Elsa & Anna and some other attractions has kid activities you can do and the pavilions can be interesting for kids, depending on how you introduce them to them. To go to HS just for TSL I dont think would give you as much for your money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Plan 1... mostly because this is your first trip to WDW and the young kids ages. Theres so much to see and experience at MK that giving yourself 2 days to experience it all will allow you to have the most fun. It is the park that is most fun for kids of your ages. EP, besides doing Elsa & Anna and some other attractions has kid activities you can do and the pavilions can be interesting for kids, depending on how you introduce them to them. To go to HS just for TSL I dont think would give you as much for your money.

This has a lot going for it!

And it doubles the FPs you can get for MK too.

Upvote 0

100acrekingdom

Original Poster
MK the first and last day (Plan 1) was the original plan. The first day at MK we would be able to Meet Mickey and Minnie first thing, see castle, use a fast passes, watch parade and fireworks. Seems very magical!

Now that we have the fantasyland early morning magic for our last day we wouldn’t need to use our fast passes on those rides so we would be able to fit more in that day. That’s when I started considering Hollywood studios for the first day. 🤪

I’d prefer to have one more day in the parks but the kids really want to go to the beach!

Thanks so much for all your advice!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom