News Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing Oct. 21st will reopen in Summer 2019

BoarderPhreak

its a shame IMO to have that large of an area and do so little
Agreed. There's a petting zoo and a half-hearted (and deserted) "educational space" - and that's pretty much it. Don't get me wrong, I love the petting zoo. And I think it was a neat idea to be able to engage with the animals... But it needs more to justify the time involved getting there and back, despite the cool train ride. But maybe THAT is the whole point; soak up people (who also learn not to do it again on the next trip).

Last edited:

I am Timmy

No matter what anyone says, I always enjoy riding the trains and learning about the animals up close.
My kids always enjoyed watching animals get wellness checks, even watched a couple surgeries. That was amazing, where else can you do that? Hope they continue to offer this particular feature. Unique and educational - my son became interested in veterinary because of that experience.

JoeCamel

My kids always enjoyed watching animals get wellness checks, even watched a couple surgeries. That was amazing, where else can you do that? Hope they continue to offer this particular feature. Unique and educational - my son became interested in veterinary because of that experience.
Bush Gardens, Zoo Tampa, Sea World........

Phroobar

This board: Complete outrage over Disney temporarily closing Rafiki's. Mental anguish. Hatred of Iger. Anyone who defends the temporary closure is a TDO shill.

Also this board: Lol Rafiki's sux. Mockery. Rafiki's should be razed to the ground. Anyone who actually claims to like Rafiki's is a TDO shill.
It's funny how Rafiki's just doesn't fit with the rest of DAK. The building looks like something you would see in any zoo. It would be perfectly adequate for a city zoo exhibit but it comes off as cheap and disappointing when you arrive on the train. The train is nice and a good build up for something cool but the whole thing is just kind of a let down when you arrive. There is a simple city playground and modern building. It's like we are outside the park. Where did the African theming go? It's very DCA1.0 feeling. I think we spent about twenty minutes there looking at the baby chimps. It seems like a placeholder that is long over due to be replaced.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's funny how Rafiki's just doesn't fit with the rest of DAK. The building looks like something you would see in any zoo. It would be perfectly adequate for a city zoo exhibit but it comes off as cheap and disappointing when you arrive on the train. The train is nice and a good build up for something cool but the whole thing is just kind of a let down when you arrive. There is a simple city playground and modern building. It's like we are outside the park. Where did the African theming go? It's very DCA1.0 feeling. I think we spent about twenty minutes there looking at the baby chimps. It seems like a placeholder that is long over due to be replaced.
Rafiki's isn't part of Africa. It's supposed to be "backstage," that's the whole point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom