Contemporary Evacuated

donaldrees

Original Poster
The contemporary was fully evacuated this evening for about two hours. Not sure why. We were one of the last ones out and ushered outside.

Not the best picture of what happened as it was taken later but the only people in the building were security guards.

Last edited:

Mouse Trap

View attachment 357300The contemporary was fully evacuated this evening for about two hours. Not sure why. We were one of the last ones out and ushered outside.

This is a lie. I was at the Contemporary as well. ONLY the 4th floor was evacuated. The rest of the hotel was business as usual. I was immediately able to walk into the lobby after being ushered out of the 4th.

Fire alarm went off. Some sort of technical issue so the entire building did not need to be evacuated. 4th floor and monorail was shutdown until Reedy Creek did their thing.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
This is a lie. I was at the Contemporary as well. ONLY the 4th floor was evacuated. The rest of the hotel was business as usual. I was immediately able to walk into the lobby after being ushered out of the 4th.

Fire alarm went off. Some sort of technical issue so the entire building did not need to be evacuated. 4th floor and monorail was shutdown until Reedy Creek did their thing.

The picture clearly tells another story! There are TENS of people outside... lol

donaldrees

Original Poster
I’m sorry that we have conflicting stories. From our view California grill was evacuated as well and no guests were present on balconies or on any interior corridors. We went to top of the world and were informed that the fire alarm had been triggered and the building evacuated.

Last edited:

tirian

Is this “a lie” or was someone’s info simply wrong?

Last edited:

halltd

I’m sorry that we have conflicting stories. From our view California grill was evacuated as well and no guests were present on balconies or on any interior corridors. We went to top of the world (where the picture was taken) and were informed that the fire alarm had been triggered and the building evacuated.
There’s someone on their balcony in your own photo...at the top of the image.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I don’t know what to say. I’m not intending to start a rumour or spread misinformation. I’m sharing my account of what happened, what I saw, and what the staff at top of the world told me. I’m sorry my photo isn’t more dramatic or that apparently my information doesn’t match yours.

Don’t sweat it. Just know every post you make will likely be scrutinized on these forums. Good and bad news... Good news because it keeps new information more factually based than other sites. Bad news, carefully check what you write because people may pick up on something unintentionally written/implied and pick it apart. All that said, welcome!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Don’t sweat it. Just know every post you make will likely be scrutinized on these forums. Good and bad news... Good news because it keeps new information more factually based than other sites. Bad news, carefully check what you write because people may pick up on something unintentionally written/implied and pick it apart. All that said, welcome!
We are the 4Chan of Disney websites

UncleMike101

Plus, the propensity around here to execute the messenger, using death by a thousand cuts, if the news either isn't popular or doesn't fit in the approved narrative or mindset.

halltd

Wow, someone has to really want to discredit someone awfully bad to look that hard to find some conflicting portion of the picture. This place is just getting worse and worse.
Actually, I saw the person the first post they made because their head interrupts the white horizontal band of the building. It wasn’t until they said there was literally no one on the balconies in their own photo that I said something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom