3D show showdown!

What is Disneyland’s best 3D show of all time?

• Total voters

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Captain EO by far. It was an actual movie with a story and great dance sequences. The rest of the 3D shows were basically excuses to torture the audience. That being said Muppetvision is great and Philharmagic has some really nice effects but the current film at MK is really blurry.

HISTA had its moments but was kind of embarrassing since it was dated even when it showed up at DL. It's Tough to Be a Bug is just a pain to sit through. The level of theming in the theater and the Hopper AA are still damn impressive though.

SuddenStorm

Michael is innocent, I'll take a criminal trial with 3 years of investigation over a documentary as evidence any day. I don't think that movie is disturbing at all.

10 years investigated by the FBI, and two house raids. Also worth noting the Robson and Safechuck's stories are hardly consistent and don't really work with what was going on at the time.

mickEblu

10 years investigated by the FBI, and two house raids. Also worth noting the Robson and Safechuck's stories are hardly consistent and don't really work with what was going on at the time.

My wife and I are huge Michael Jackson fans. The three things we bonded over when we were dating were Disney, MJ and the Lakers. We went to his memorial at Staples Center. I’ve always given him the benefit of the doubt but I’d be lying if I didn’t feel in the pit of my stomach something is off. I’m usually someone who believes where there is smoke there’s fire. Anyway through the years my wife and I would always look at each when something got brought up and say he’s innocent. Maybe because we love his music and don’t want to believe he could do such a thing. Maybe because we both love Captain Eo. Maybe because we have some friends in the Jackson family. (His older sister Rebe came to our wedding).

But I didn’t like the detail they went into in that special and I’m very conflicted. They seem very believable. Body language, all of it. I feel that they would both have to be A list actors to pull that off if they were lying. At the same time, some stuff doesn’t jive. Like EVERY time you guys were alone he did something? He’s always come across to me as Asexual so it just seems over the top for him to have that sort of sex drive. And then of course for the parents to not know for all those years that stuff was happening to their children right under their nose? I don’t know.

Like I said, very conflicted. Of course, we also have what you mentioned, the FBI Raids and investigations that turned up nothing. Not to mention the fact both Robson and Safechuck testified FOR him when he was alive. Although they do give a decent explanation of why they would do such s thing in the special. It would be pretty terrible if these guys were willing to lie like this and tarnish a dead mans reputation for a few bucks.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Muppets was snooze fest.
tenor.gif

mickEblu

Captain EO is honestly my favorite Disney attraction. It's just pure entertainment and spectacle and combines practically all of my favorite interests (Star Wars, Disney, Michael Jackson) into one. I love the visual look of the film, I love the comic book feel, and the music is incredible. I don't even think the "story" is deep or amazing, but as a fun music video it absolutely has just the right amount of story telling and special effects.

This is what is missing from a lot of Disney's shows, they either have too much story or no story at all, you need the right balance.

I hope they bring it back or release it on 3D Bluray. Shame they take away an original George Lucas production while promoting a whole new land based on his other creation.

If it helps you feel better all the actual evidence points to the two of them lying. Furthermore it's incredibly odd that initially Wade and James tried to blackmail the Estate into giving them money before proceeding with a civil lawsuit (aka making their accusations public), this goes against the whole "We are doing this to show our story idea", likewise for the civil lawsuit that proceeded it. Furthermore, Wade was only at Neverland 10 times, only 4 of which had Michael there, despite what the documentary claims.

I think despite the media having negative articles, from all the comments I read, the majority of people think the two accusers are lying.

I hadn’t heard of them going to the Jackson estate for money first. That’s not a good look.

Captain EO was probably the highlight of my Disneyland trips when I was a kid. At the very least the show is part of my earliest, most vivid memories of the park. I wish they would release it on 3D Blu-ray as well and I don’t even have a 3D tv... but I would buy one.

Last edited:

Phroobar

It definitely makes me sad things like that aren't on video and aren't in the parks. Not only is it a great film and incredibly entertaining but it is such a big part of pop culture it's sad that it will likely never be seen again beyond the vhs quality MTV recordings online.

People applauded in every Captain EO showing I saw. I wish fans had the chance to say goodbye to it instead of Disney unexpectedly changing it to "Guardian's of the Galaxy Preview" and it never reverting.

It also bugs me that Disney hasn't released any Captain EO music on any of their Disneyland or Disneyworld sets. "We are Here to Change the World" is on a Michael Jackson boxset but it is only 2 minutes or so instead of the full version in the movie. I would love to have the whole version of the song as well as the version of Another Part of Me from Captain EO (as the one on Bad is completely different). James Horner's score is wonderful, especially for the preshow area.
There is the full version of the song "We are here to change the world" on youtube from the show. The problem is it has the dialog and sound effects from the movie. It's not clean. I've never seen an edited version without those sounds. Another Part of Me is there too but its from the movie. I can't find the music played outside the theater's entrance and exit.

Phroobar

It definitely makes me sad things like that aren't on video and aren't in the parks. Not only is it a great film and incredibly entertaining but it is such a big part of pop culture it's sad that it will likely never be seen again beyond the vhs quality MTV recordings online.

People applauded in every Captain EO showing I saw. I wish fans had the chance to say goodbye to it instead of Disney unexpectedly changing it to "Guardian's of the Galaxy Preview" and it never reverting.

It also bugs me that Disney hasn't released any Captain EO music on any of their Disneyland or Disneyworld sets. "We are Here to Change the World" is on a Michael Jackson boxset but it is only 2 minutes or so instead of the full version in the movie. I would love to have the whole version of the song as well as the version of Another Part of Me from Captain EO (as the one on Bad is completely different). James Horner's score is wonderful, especially for the preshow area.
Actually I just found that Another Part of Me is on the Playstation 3 Michael Jackson the Experience game. It's basically the Dance Dance Revolution part of the game. I think it could be captured off there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom