Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
In the trailer for the ride I posted above, there are green rectangles around certain buttons.

It looks like this might be how you know what buttons need to be pushed. In one segment there are two rectangles lit.

This could be how some of your choices come into play. 2 buttons light up and you can only push one. Each button has a different outcome/effect. This could only be for the crew position the boy has filled or for all positions. It would seem the pilot would have more than buttons to steer the ship.
*All of this is pure speculation on my part.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In the trailer for the ride I posted above, there are green rectangles around certain buttons. View attachment 357011

It looks like this might be how you know what buttons need to be pushed. In one segment there are two rectangles lit.
View attachment 357012

This could be how some of your choices come into play. 2 buttons light up and you can only push one. Each button has a different outcome/effect. This could only be for the crew position the boy has filled or for all positions. It would seem the pilot would have more than buttons to steer the ship.
*All of this is pure speculation on my part.

I could also be that as each control lights up you have a certain amount of time to activate it.

drod1985

Yeah, the various controls lighting up green have been in a few of the promo videos. They're definitely some sort of indicator for interaction.

There's also a screen with a tally of Galactic Credits - that's likely a kind of score for your experience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, the various controls lighting up green have been in a few of the promo videos. They're definitely some sort of indicator for interaction.

There's also a screen with a tally of Galactic Credits - that's likely a kind of score for your experience.

Yep, yep. And various reports that in addition to hitting the right lit-up buttons at the right time, hitting other buttons in certain combinations or at certain times will trigger certain stuff. What stuff? I dunno. Could be an Easter Egg that flies by or unlocking a Death Star AFAIK.

tomast

There is another issue for me.And I know you may say "Thats a just a detail there is no need for that amount of inmersion" and you will be probably right.

But if are in line for the Millennium Falcon ride and when you are there you can see the ship out there. How are you supuse to board it in some other place?? is like having a Mickey on the line for the meet and greet with Mickey...

D1YKWJ6X4AInl0w.jpg

tallica

There is another issue for me.And I know you may say "Thats a just a detail there is no need for that amount of inmersion" and you will be probably right.

But if are in line for the Millennium Falcon ride and when you are there you can see the ship out there. How are you supuse to board it in some other place?? is like having a Mickey on the line for the meet and greet with Mickey...

D1YKWJ6X4AInl0w.jpg
during the preshow the falcon flies into the warehouse to be boarded by you and your fellow smugglers

999th Happy Haunt

Do Galactic Credits do anything aside from give you a score for this attraction? I though I read somewhere they will be linked to the app but haven’t heard anything about what they will do.

drod1985

From the EW article: “In the “windows” behind Hondo, which are actually a video screen, you’ll see the Falcon rise up from its place in the courtyard and lower down into the interior docking back. (The Falcon outside never moves, of course, but this explains how you are able to board it from within the attraction.)”

So after you see the Falcon via real windows you’re led to a room with no windows. In that room there is a video screen that shows the Falcon lowering into a docking area, hence you’re ability to board it from inside a building.

Do Galactic Credits do anything aside from give you a score for this attraction? I though I read somewhere they will be linked to the app but haven’t heard anything about what they will do.

I don’t think any further info has been released. But it’s probably how they’re tallying your in-land reputation.

IveBeenJack

So how many pods will each turntable have? I remember early videos from DSNY and Mickey Views said 8 pods most likely.

I always said there were 7 pods per turntable, with 4 turntables, bringing the total to 28 pods altogether. But some pods will be modified for wheelchair access.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I always said there were 7 pods per turntable, with 4 turntables, bringing the total to 28 pods altogether. But some pods will be modified for wheelchair access.

Several insiders have said that in addition to the 28 that there are two more pods not on turntables for those with mobility challenges. We're talking not only our insiders but the network of Star Wars fanatics tracking the SWLs. They have a lot of expendable Bothans.

180º

According to several insiders on this forum, no. Four seven-pod turntables plus two separate ADA simulators, point being that slow-loading guests will be able to take their time without interrupting any of the carousels. I’m not sure the cockpit even needs to be modified for wheelchair access.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
According to several insiders on this forum, no. Four seven-pod turntables plus two separate ADA simulators, point being that slow-loading guests will be able to take their time without interrupting any of the carousels. I’m not sure the cockpit even needs to be modified for wheelchair access.
I guessing all guests must transfer, but since they are separate they could be modified for direct wheelchair access. To be more economical, I bet Disney just used the same cockpit as those on the turntables.

winstongator

From the EW article: “In the “windows” behind Hondo, which are actually a video screen, you’ll see the Falcon rise up from its place in the courtyard and lower down into the interior docking back. (The Falcon outside never moves, of course, but this explains how you are able to board it from within the attraction.)”

So after you see the Falcon via real windows you’re led to a room with no windows. In that room there is a video screen that shows the Falcon lowering into a docking area, hence you’re ability to board it from inside a building.

I don’t think any further info has been released. But it’s probably how they’re tallying your in-land reputation.
The in land reputation and interaction is what I’m looking forward to the most.

drod1985

After all the discussion on the boarding process and getting to the cockpit(s) from the Falcon interiors I looked at the officially released images again.

This image below already shows a slight deviation from the standard Falcon interior. If you look past the chess table there is a hallway on the left hand side of that corridor - that's correct and would lead to the cockpit. Further past that is a door that doesn't exist in the traditional Falcon floorplan. It's obviously themed appropriately and fits the Falcon aesthetic, but it doesn't go there. That hallway should wrap around to the gunners ladder on the right and the ramp door on the left.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-feb2019-gallery-2_4ad540d3.jpeg

180º

After all the discussion on the boarding process and getting to the cockpit(s) from the Falcon interiors I looked at the officially released images again.

This image below already shows a slight deviation from the standard Falcon interior. If you look past the chess table there is a hallway on the left hand side of that corridor - that's correct and would lead to the cockpit. Further past that is a door that doesn't exist in the traditional Falcon floorplan. It's obviously themed appropriately and fits the Falcon aesthetic, but it doesn't go there. That hallway should wrap around to the gunners ladder on the right and the ramp door on the left.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-feb2019-gallery-2_4ad540d3.jpeg
A door to additional cockpit hallways, maybe? Closed when loading the nearest turntable, open to load the farther turntable or ADA cockpit?

tomast

A door to additional cockpit hallways, maybe? Closed when loading the nearest turntable, open to load the farther turntable or ADA cockpit?

View attachment 357273
My speculation whithout any foundation is that you access "C" and "D" trough "Control Room C" and "Control Room D" and there might be a 3rd pre-show where you are stand place in some position it makes easy to locate your place when you enter the cockpit

180º

With all the complaints about Imagineering being dead they sure knocked this one out the park it seems and has everyone trying to figure out the “magic”.
Or, while I giddily admire the genius behind recent ride systems like Flight of Passage and Smuggler’s Run made possible by spectacularly inventive talent at WDI, I am also of the opinion that the quality of art direction coming out of Imagineering has taken a turn for the bland and literal, resulting in environments that are pleasant and impressive but lack style.

It can be both! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom