Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
One is that it feels like it’s the only cockpit

???? what does it means that?? its not the only cockpit??? or you can see the others??? like soaring or the simpsons ride on universal?
Disney magic!!!

The cockpits (7 per turntable) rotate slowly in a circle.

Cockpit 1 - boarding from chess room, down a hallway to the cockpit.
Cockpits 2-6 - various stages of the ride
Cockpit 7 - exiting to a hallway similar to the one you boarded from (looks like you are unloading where you loaded)

180º

But back on topic will there be multiple rooms with Hondo like what they did with mission breakout with rocket? Also is there going to be a robot sidekick with Hondo in the queue? ( I thought I read that in a article somewhere)
One is that it feels like it’s the only cockpit

???? what does it means that?? its not the only cockpit??? or you can see the others??? like soaring or the simpsons ride on universal?

Maybe my diagram can help? It’s only speculative but insiders have called it “Not bad.” ;)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...nd-queue-details-spoilers.953642/post-8606868

And if someone with more information would like to point out a mistake in my diagram, please enlighten us!

I need to search through this thread again but I thought somewhere it was stated there will only be one Hondo animatronic preshow room. My diagram reflects that. I think operationally it would run a little smoother with two, though. That way if one side of the building is running a little slower, the other side can still independently draw right from the main queue uninterrupted.

tomast

Maybe my diagram can help? It’s only speculative but insiders have called it “Not bad.” ;)

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...nd-queue-details-spoilers.953642/post-8606868

And if someone with more information would like to point out a mistake in my diagram, please enlighten us!

I need to search through this thread again but I thought somewhere it was stated there will only be one Hondo animatronic preshow room. My diagram reflects that. I think operationally it would run a little smoother with two, though. That way if one side of the building is running a little slower, the other side can still independently draw right from the main queue uninterrupted.
Nice diagram!!
But theres is still something I dont figure out yet.

When are you suppose to board the millenium falcon??
I guess chess room would a second pre-show already inside the MF and Lando´s pre-show is going to be outside the spaceship I guess...
Would you be able to see the MF overthere or its more like "star tours" or the hydrolators?

And are they going to be with lando like 24 Guests. Then 12 goes to the right and 12 goes to the left. Inside the millenium there will be 6 that stays on the first door and 6 are going to stay on the second door.
Would they have line outside those doors? like you can see other guests waiting overthere??

Edit: Its almost like Star tours meet CoP

drod1985

Nice diagram!!

I’m hoping there’s a small partial exterior built that allows us to walk up the Falcon ramp.

But I understand that may not be feasible. So I’m expecting an alternate method of boarding the Falcon, like a docking tube connecting to the side of it that we walk through.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
Nice diagram!!

I guess chess room would a second pre-show already inside the MF and Lando´s pre-show is going to be outside the spaceship I guess...
Would you be able to see the MF overthere or its more like "star tours" or the hydrolators?

And are they going to be with lando like 24 Guests. Then 12 goes to the right and 12 goes to the left. Inside the millenium there will be 6 that stays on the first door and 6 are going to stay on the second door.
Would they have line outside those doors? like you can see other guests waiting overthere??

Edit: Its almost like Star tours meet CoP
I have been wondering about this too.

Since there is only 2 chess rooms, does that mean you wait with 12 guests? 24?
It doesn’t seem very efficient, so I think we’ll need more info before we’ll know for sure.

I thought I heard we would board the Falcon once inside the queue. I am picturing the iconic entrance ramp, but how much else of the Falcon will be shown, I don’t know.

padlock

Time for some math!

I read somewhere that the hourly capacity of the ride will be 1800 people per hour. So at 30 cockpits with 6 people each, that would mean a cycle time of 6 minutes. If, like the diagram suggests, there are 7 cockpits per turntable, let's assume that 1/7th of the time will be spent on load, 1/7th on unload, and 5/7th on the ride. That would mean the ride portion would be 4 minutes and 17 seconds. Does that seem right?

Jones14

Time for some math!

I read somewhere that the hourly capacity of the ride will be 1800 people per hour. So at 30 cockpits with 6 people each, that would mean a cycle time of 6 minutes. If, like the diagram suggests, there are 7 cockpits per turntable, let's assume that 1/7th of the time will be spent on load, 1/7th on unload, and 5/7th on the ride. That would mean the ride portion would be 4 minutes and 17 seconds. Does that seem right?
That sounds right. I wanna say back when Star Tours was being developed they realized that the average person can only take 4-5 minutes on a simulator before it starts to make them queasy, and most theme park simulators seem to follow that guideline to this day.

I could be pulling that out of thin air, though.

tomast

I’m hoping there’s a small partial exterior built that allows us to walk up the Falcon ramp.

But I understand that may not be feasible. So I’m expecting an alternate method of boarding the Falcon, like a docking tube connecting to the side of it that we walk through.

I hope so, That would be really nice if you go up trough the iconic ramp.

I have been wondering about this too.

Since there is only 2 chess rooms, does that mean you wait with 12 guests? 24?
It doesn’t seem very efficient, so I think we’ll need more info before we’ll know for sure.

I thought I heard we would board the Falcon once inside the queue. I am picturing the iconic entrance ramp, but how much else of the Falcon will be shown, I don’t know.

Yes, we will need more information for that. And by the way I guess there should be some tutorial somewhere like a 3rd preshow similar to FoP. They make you stand on some designated place and you might watch a small video or something that explain you something like "Ok, you are an Engineer, your job is to keep the MF flying, you have to press the buttons when you see fire and blabla"
"Ok you are the pilot, blablabla"

cindy_k

I just realized today that BioReconstructs recent picture of the Falcon gave away the whole ride:

The Grand Inquisitor

Oh ok thanks! So Hondo will only have 1 room then ?

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
I hope so, That would be really nice if you go up trough the iconic ramp.

Yes, we will need more information for that. And by the way I guess there should be some tutorial somewhere like a 3rd preshow similar to FoP. They make you stand on some designated place and you might watch a small video or something that explain you something like "Ok, you are an Engineer, your job is to keep the MF flying, you have to press the buttons when you see fire and blabla"
"Ok you are the pilot, blablabla"
I agree there might be a 3rd preshow for assigning the roles. For guest spacing, I hope it's before the chess room, but I could also see role assignment being done in the chess room.
IMHO it would make sense to know what crew position you held before you boarded the ship. However I am not a space smuggler, so I don't know what the protocol is. ;)

kurtk

People keep saying 30 cockpits but that makes no sense with 4 turntables. My math skills aren’t the best but 4 is not a factor of 30.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
People keep saying 30 cockpits but that makes no sense with 4 turntables. My math skills aren’t the best but 4 is not a factor of 30.
28 cockpits on turntables (7 x 4) and 2 cockpits that are for guest that may need to transfer from a wheelchair or have other loading issues. These accessible cockpits are separate.

EDIT: I see that the Penguin already help you.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom