News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

PorterRedkey

Disney gets to dictate when all that happens.. and Disney does it on their terms... all in HIGHLY controlled manners. Disney even keeps the big stuff in house with ABC. Its just another form of PROMOTION - not reporting or real reviews. Disney can always run media through well before it's ready for the public. They did it with carsland... they did it for pandora.. and they'll continue to do it.

All the lands mentioned opened with full capacity. All rides opened together. I don’t think you understand my point.
In my mind, opening TSL with only ASwS or opening Pandora with only Navi River or Carsland with only Mator’s and Luigi open would have been a mistake.

Wait, I just got hit on the head.

Wow it is all becoming so clear. Disney controls the media!!! They can get press when ever they demand it. I can’t believe I’ve been so wrong.
Congrats!!!!!

Seriously, they can have one big deal at DL when it opens and the another big deal when RotR @ WDW. I wonder if they will open at the same time or be staggered like the openings.

You have won the debate and we can focus on how awesome the land will be when everything is open later this year! I cannot wait to see the full land up and running. I want to get lost there.

Like I said many times already, but you never comment on, I am more concerned with opening the land at 3/4 or 1/2 of its capacity. Given the popularity, that seems like a bad idea for guest who want to experience the Galaxy’s Edge. Reduced capacity means fewer guests allow into the land.

Of course not... The Promotions will read like
"Disney adds the greatest star wars attraction ever built to their already doorbuster SWGE'
"Disney adds second headliner attraction to it's successful SWGE"
"Disney opens the long awaited masterpiece element to it's SWGE"
"Disney goes full steam with second attraction now open at SWGE"

You're focusing on the negative - which no promotion piece ever would. It would focus on the idea of ADDING MORE onto something they will hope they can call a success already... So in effect Disney gets to double dip and make it sound like 'and now theres even more!!'

Goofiness like ABC shows Disney dictates when it all happens... they don't need to be focusing on the 'very first day' - It's marketing.. they can focus on whatever they freaking want.
My headlines were sarcastic (it’s my nature) and I can see at least two of yours are sarcastic (or at least hyperbolic) as well.

So how do you feel about the land opening with a reduced capacity. Do you have a opinion about that?
Oh, you never said whether you were visiting in September. Are you?

PorterRedkey

Any word on ADRs for the SWGE TS?
From Disneyworld.com:
Q.
Will dining reservations be available for food and beverage locations in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge?

A.
No. Reservations will not be available for any Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge food and beverage locations. For your convenience, there will be various quick-service dining options within the land, including:
No ADR's and no table-service at any restaurant in the land.

durangojim

Here's the thing for people who are upset that it's opening without both rides at the same time. All you have to do is wait. That's it, problem solved. Wait 3 months for the first time you go. For those of us who want to experience the land ASAP, we'll go before the Rise ride is open and should have the time of our lives. The "I have to have everything NOW!" mentality blows my mind. Everyone still has an option and the early opening harms no one.

PorterRedkey

Newsflash.. SW:GE is more than the two rides.
Of course, it is. I think the land itself will be an attraction. And unlike Pandora, I think it really will be! There are things that haven't even been released yet or just hinted at like the drones ships flying over the ride buildings. I can't wait until the crowds die down (6-7 years?), so I can enjoy all the wonderful details.

One main reason I go to Disney is the artistry. The artistry of the animatronics, invisible technology, building design, character design, paintings/murals, mosaics, and music. I love the details. I especially love being immersed in the art, like at the Safari in AK, the streets of Diagon Alley, a world of Pirates, a mansion of ghosts or a flume ride through the world of Brer Rabbit.

I am not most guests and I imagine you are not the average guest either considering your passion on this topic.
I think guests do enjoy the other aspects too (whether they realize it or not) but, their main focus is on rides. Not for you, or even the passionate Star Wars fan, just the average guest.

seascape

Here's the thing for people who are upset that it's opening without both rides at the same time. All you have to do is wait. That's it, problem solved. Wait 3 months for the first time you go. For those of us who want to experience the land ASAP, we'll go before the Rise ride is open and should have the time of our lives. The "I have to have everything NOW!" mentality blows my mind. Everyone still has an option and the early opening harms no one.
I agree. I am going to enjoy SWGE in September. I hope only having one ride will help keep the crowds down. However I want a new lightsaber and a droid or 2. I love Pandora, not just the ride but the entire land and expect SWGE to exceed that. Remember this is a themepark not an amusement park.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well, here's the thing, I was waiting anyways. I just don't think it's good show to open a land in phases. 🤷‍♂️

Jamie77

I don't plan on going until the 50th anniversary so hopefully everything will smooth by then. I'll only probably go back sooner if an attraction I like is going to close or something.

Muffinpants

The entitlement is real folks. Lol
Not sure I see an entitlement issue more of a date scare due to people not planning for it and now are neck deep. It takes alot of planning and I can see how this can toss a wrench into it. First world problems.. yes.. entitlement.. not so much.

LuvWDW2

I’m booked on site for Labor Day weekend. We arrive the day after opening. The earliest day we would go to DHS is Saturday 8/31.

Can someone help with how long the lines were just to enter Pandora and Carsland were? I know for TSL, it was just opening day. Do we think those huge lines just to enter will hang around for weeks after official opening or just a day or two?

Muffinpants

I’m booked on site for Labor Day weekend. We arrive the day after opening. The earliest day we would go to DHS is Saturday 8/31.

Can someone help with how long the lines were just to enter Pandora and Carsland were? I know for TSL, it was just opening day. Do we think those huge lines just to enter will hang around for weeks after official opening or just a day or two?
Hard to tell how bad it will be. With DHS being alot smaller they might reach park limit much earlier. Pandora had 6+ hour waits for a few weeks

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

It was at some point it was 2-3 hours just to enter Pandora, then another 4-5 hours to wait in line for FOP.

LuvWDW2

Hard to tell how bad it will be. With DHS being alot smaller they might reach park limit much earlier. Pandora had 6+ hour waits for a few weeks

I’m not talking about the ride lines , I’m talking actual lines just to get into Pandora (or Carsland)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom