News The future of Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Epcot_Imagineer

Interesting. Which may mean that ST stay themed to the PT or OT.
I'd like to think that would happen, but after how much Galaxy's Edge cost, I don't see WDI having the money laying around to reset the simulators to exclude the ST. Then again for all I know it could be a simple few lines of code to reset the scene selector for the simulators. At the same time, I could see the ST being kept to appease those waiting inline for Smuggler's or RotR.

JohnD

I'd like to think that would happen, but after how much Galaxy's Edge cost, I don't see WDI having the money laying around to reset the simulators to exclude the ST. Then again for all I know it could be a simple few lines of code to reset the scene selector for the simulators. At the same time, I could see the ST being kept to appease those waiting inline for Smuggler's or RotR.

When I went over MLK weekend, I rode it maybe four times. All four times were scenes from the PT and OT. But again, it could have been my luck with the randomization. I did find myself thinking, "If I get that Naboo underwater scene one more time. . .".

BoarderPhreak

I would imagine that for the foreseeable future they'll stay right where they are for capacity's sake. But I can see some of them quietly dropping off with the crowds or moved into SWGE to make room for new stuff.

HS - "The Star Wars Park." (HSTSWP) 🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd much rather see Launch Bay go first. Star Tours will at least offset increased Star Wars fan attendance and continue offering a decent ride. Launch Bay is prime space that is currently underutilized and could be remade into another attraction.

Let’s face it: it’s unlikely either are going anywhere for a long time...
Not if you're a kid riding it for the first time. It still has that wow factor.
Kids might have higher standards than you think...

Spash007

Ugh, the over abundance of Star Wars kills the aesthetic of the park IMO. I understand them keeping these open to lessen the capacity issues at GE, but I really was hoping in the near future they would all go. IF I had to pick, the shows would go first since they can't be avoided if you're in the area, then Launch Bay to restore Animation Courtyard to you know, Animation.

ObscurityPoint

I say that when GE opens, to give the Studios somewhat of a break, they should start overhauling the Sunset Boulevard/Animation Courtyard area of the park. We already have the Lightning McQueen experience coming in, so it wouldn’t hurt to find a replacement for Launch Bay, possibly retheme RnR, and give the LONG needed, LONG wanted overhaul of Fantasmic!. Then, when all the focus is on GE and Epcot, they can wait a few years and turn the Star Tours Echo Lake area into an Indiana Jones land (especially if they do reboot the franchise within the next 4-5 years).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would imagine that for the foreseeable future they'll stay right where they are for capacity's sake. But I can see some of them quietly dropping off with the crowds or moved into SWGE to make room for new stuff.

HS - "The Star Wars Park." (HSTSWP) 🤣

I do agree...nothing would indicate to me that overall Philosophy at studios is gonna change from “limp along”....

On another note...
@mikejs78 ...what’s a matter, Boo Boo?
“You mad, bro?” 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom