Rank the Classic-Style DL Dark Rides

TwilightZone

1. Alice in Wonderland: One of my all time favorites, very well done!
  2. Snow White’s Scary Adventures: Only because it has the world's most hilarious ending.
  3. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride: Charming, plus it ends with hell, which is a plus.
  4. Peter Pan’s Flight: Alright. Very cute and charming.
  5. Pooh: I'm afraid I have too many good memories of this ride to really hate it. But I also can't really love it either.
  6. Pinocchio’s Daring Journey: Don't remember much of it. Maybe I'll ride next trip and give opinions there.
  7. Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin: It's fine. It has a problem where the queue is more memorable than the ride itself.

mickEblu

I wouldn’t rule out them using the Pooh for SWL expansion. I’d imagine a FL style Star Wars Dark ride would do much better numbers than Pooh. Are their any Ewoks on Batuu?

SuddenStorm

I wouldn’t rule out them using the Pooh for SWL expansion. I’d imagine a FL style Star Wars Dark ride would do much better numbers than Pooh. Are their any Ewoks on Batuu?

Pooh is such a popular character (sells more merchandise than anyone but Mickey/Minnie if I recall correct) I don't see the attraction going away. It's a darn shame.

What it needs is a rebuild, put a Pooh attraction worth riding in there.

mccgavin

1. Mr. Toad: A true classic, this ride is wild and imaginative. It is just brimming with charm and always manages to put a smile on my face
  2. Snow White: While not very true to the movie, this ride is great in it's own right with the way it invokes the imagery from the more frightening moments from the film
  3. Peter Pan: The ride to me is the very essence of child-like wonder and joy. It's a fun little dark ride with a really great atmosphere
  4. Alice: This ride probably follows the storyline of its movie the closest. It is a charming recreation of the most iconic scenes of the film
  5. Roger Rabbit: A bit dis-jointed, but still a fun little ride through a wacky toon environment. I enjoy Pinocchio a little more than this one, but I will give it credit in that it takes a lot more creative liberties
  6. Pinocchio: Your standard, run-of the mill book report ride. This ride is enjoyable, but it doesn't amount to much more than loosely pulling you through the plot of the story
  7. Pooh: As someone said earlier, this ride is soulless. It simply takes you through scenes of the movie, that while charming do not amount to any kind of cohesive story. Pooh is a very charming franchise, but this ride does the bare minimum.
8. Superstar Limo: This is clearly the best Disney ride ever, c'mon guys.

nokahoma

They should spend whatever it costs to replace the current Pooh with Pooh's Hunny Hunt from Tokyo. One of Disney's best.

My rankings:

1. Mr. Toad
  2. Alice
  3. Pan
  4. Snow White
  5. Pinocchio
  6. Roger Rabbit
  7. Pooh

The Pho

Pooh is such a popular character (sells more merchandise than anyone but Mickey/Minnie if I recall correct) I don't see the attraction going away. It's a darn shame.

What it needs is a rebuild, put a Pooh attraction worth riding in there.

I’d be pretty surprised if he’s selling more than Stitch. Does anybody know where to find those numbers? I know I’ve seen them before but that was years ago when Elsa was almost top dog. Right now Stitch has 107 items listed on the Shop Park’s app and Pooh has 34. (Mickey has 1407, Goofy has 37, Donald has 34). I just rarely see people with Pooh stuff these days but Stitch seems like he’s everywhere.

The ride could definitely benefit from an upgrade, but I do find it enjoyable enough. I think their focus is in other places and will be for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom