News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The point is that Epcot Forever is what will allow them to not impact the Illuminations, or leave a big gap between Illuminations and the new show.
That’s the only reason Epcot Forever exists.

Of course Disney has never let an attraction or show that was about to be replaced diminish in quality and deteriorate until the last performance....

peter11435

Is this construction expected to impact the functionality of ROE for the remainder of its run? I'm hoping it'll be fully operational for the summer.

His original question was very clearly asking if the construction was going to impact reflections of earth. And the answer to that question is no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skipper Dan

Has anyone mentioned whether or not the torches are stayin’ for the new replacement(s)? I’ve tried to go back thru & dig, but couldn’t find anything...

TTA94

Pretty sure that the show director for Rivers of light was also the show director for happily Ever after

Im expecting this to be somewhere between Tokyo’s Fantasmic and World of Color with the theming of Disney Characters from their respective Countries.

Steve needs to hurry up with this so he can move on to more important things over at MK!

cjkeating

Pretty sure that the show director for Rivers of light was also the show director for happily Ever after

He was. I am a big fan of Michael's work on both projects. He (along with his colleagues) created two shows that work so well in their respective parks, it's a shame Rivers of Light didn't meet the original pitch but I enjoy it all the same.

I'm not sure who is working on the Epcot project but they don't seem to have the same freedom here for the permanent Epcot show.

jaxonp

He was. I am a big fan of Michael's work on both projects. He (along with his colleagues) created two shows that work so well in their respective parks, it's a shame Rivers of Light didn't meet the original pitch but I enjoy it all the same.

I'm not sure who is working on the Epcot project but they don't seem to have the same freedom here for the permanent Epcot show.

It's a lot of the same people from ROL.

FigmentJedi

It’s funny that people complain about two things: how they don’t like ROL and how that hate Disney IP being added everywhere. There is a disconnect here.
It's especially jarring because Rivers of Light IS the spiritual successor to both Illuminations and Tapestry of Nations. One that's been crippled by technical issues and the loss of the Shamans that were the modern Sage of Time/Dreamseekers, but a good effort nonetheless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom