Yacht/Beach Club cabanas

BWDVCkidsince96

Well, you make some very fair points. And I really do have empathy for your position. Definitely seems a bit unfair to me. Howevee, I guess I’m just not sure that the answer is to break the rules. Anyhoo, don’t worry, I’ll never rat you out! ;)
Haha thank you. I am normally a rule fanatic. I only did it the once. Chickened out this past trip even though I wish my baby boy could experience my favorite pool. I just wish they were a little more lax at odd times. I walked past when it was cloudy and cool out and they still had their armed guards lol

JusticeDisney

Haha thank you. I am normally a rule fanatic. I only did it the once. Chickened out this past trip even though I wish my baby boy could experience my favorite pool. I just wish they were a little more lax at odd times. I walked past when it was cloudy and cool out and they still had their armed guards lol
Ya know what? The more I think about it, the more I say screw it! Get your son in there and have some fun! :)

Biff215

I feel as though there is nothing wrong with it because it was an outlined benefit of purchasing DVC at the boardwalk in 1996 when we bought it. One of the benefits promoted at the time was that you could pool hop at any resort pools. This was a major draw of the boardwalk because it was walking distance to yacht club. Many years later they revised the benefit to state that you could pool hop at any pool EXCEPT at yacht club (i think one or two others may be excluded at this point too). That's bull. What are we going to do, give up our DVC points because they can't handle capacity issues at the pool we most want to go to? I understand not allowing other people into the pool because the resort guests need to be able to have seats/room etc, but it was part of what we paid for at DVC at the boardwalk. I have heard that local orlando people used to park at the yacht club and just use the pool in the summer for the day and they were part of the problem. It is a very popular pool and i understand that they needed to implement some controls to prevent issues like that, I just think they should still allow in boardwalk DVC members, or at least the ones who bought their DVC membership when it was allowed (i.e. we should be grandfathered in, and it should be recorded on our magic bands somehow). we paid to use the yacht club pool, just like yacht club resort guests do each stay.
I hear you and don’t want to start an argument or go too far off topic, but DVC perks have changed over the years as I’m sure you know. I doubt they ever promised it as a “lifetime” benefit, otherwise it would be in your contract. Things have obviously changed a lot since then, and the list of non-hoppable pools has grown too.

SAB is our absolute favorite resort pool, which is why we almost always stay at BCV, despite owning at SSR. So if you really want access, staying there at seven months is often an option. The resorts aren’t all that different anyway IMO and Epcot feels closer.

SAB, even with its size, really can’t handle more than the Y&B crowds on a busy day. And now the cabanas will take up a little more room even if it is rather small.

BWDVCkidsince96

I hear you and don’t want to start an argument or go too far off topic, but DVC perks have changed over the years as I’m sure you know. I doubt they ever promised it as a “lifetime” benefit, otherwise it would be in your contract. Things have obviously changed a lot since then, and the list of non-hoppable pools has grown too.

SAB is our absolute favorite resort pool, which is why we almost always stay at BCV, despite owning at SSR. So if you really want access, staying there at seven months is often an option. The resorts aren’t all that different anyway IMO and Epcot feels closer.

SAB, even with its size, really can’t handle more than the Y&B crowds on a busy day. And now the cabanas will take up a little more room even if it is rather small.

Yea I get it. The frustrating thing though is that the capacity of the pool didn't change. It just got crushed by the addition of the Beach Club Villas, which we have stayed at, but weren't big fans of because our room was like a mile from the elevators and set way back so we felt like we weren't anywhere near civilization lol. Speaking of the perks changing, can you imagine being one of the original owners and getting annual passes every year? Say whaaaatttttt....

BWDVCkidsince96

Also, to be fair, I think my idea of allowing only yacht and beach club resort guests and BW DVC members who bought their points before the changes and got grandfathered into the old pool hopping rules would really only increase the people at the pool by like....10 people a day lol. (Please note how I'm basically saying that the people allowed at the pool should be resorts guests...and me :) haha)

In all reality, I'm not a pool snob. I have an 18 month old son and he can't tell the difference between the clown slide pool and SAB. We are all good for a few years.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, March 3, 2019. The sign says open in "March 2019." Seems like the Yacht/Beach Club cabanas will be open in just a matter of days. There are a total of 4 cabanas.

eliza61nyc

Zero impact on guest experience? Hotel room views do impact guest experience and Disney monetizes that fact.

It's only noticeable if you notice such things? I can't argue with that logic since anything, even pile of trash, is only noticeable if you notice such things, but I do think people who can see this from their balcony will notice it.

It might not bother some but it would definitely bother others.
lol, you could pretty much say that about everything. I was at the beach club last spring and a women was complaining about cones along the window where they were replacing some tile work. Most folks would not have even notice.

eliza61nyc

I feel as though there is nothing wrong with it because it was an outlined benefit of purchasing DVC at the boardwalk in 1996 when we bought it. One of the benefits promoted at the time was that you could pool hop at any resort pools. This was a major draw of the boardwalk because it was walking distance to yacht club. Many years later they revised the benefit to state that you could pool hop at any pool EXCEPT at yacht club (i think one or two others may be excluded at this point too). That's bull. What are we going to do, give up our DVC points because they can't handle capacity issues at the pool we most want to go to? I understand not allowing other people into the pool because the resort guests need to be able to have seats/room etc, but it was part of what we paid for at DVC at the boardwalk. I have heard that local orlando people used to park at the yacht club and just use the pool in the summer for the day and they were part of the problem. It is a very popular pool and i understand that they needed to implement some controls to prevent issues like that, I just think they should still allow in boardwalk DVC members, or at least the ones who bought their DVC membership when it was allowed (i.e. we should be grandfathered in, and it should be recorded on our magic bands somehow). we paid to use the yacht club pool, just like yacht club resort guests do each stay.

The problem with that is EVERY dvc member thinks they should be allowed to pool hop there. I've heard folks who own at OKW make that same claim and I have heard everyone who breaks rules "justify" the reason for doing so. Now I didn't purchase until 2000 and I knew I wanted to be at the Beach club mainly for it's proximity to Epcot but I did follow the mantra of "buy where you wanted to stay".

Unfortunately the problem is very simple. space. remember the pool is not only open to DVC members, it's for guest staying at the hotels also and it's 2 hotels if they allow Boardwalk dvc members, why not Boardwalk hotel guest?? on and on and on. there is always someone who can "justify" why they should be exempted.

Now I own at the BC and yep, I'm ed if I get to the pool and I find out that I can't get a chair because non hotel guest are there.

It's not bull. the guest at the resort the pool is connected to should always have first priority. always.

lastly, It's might be that when the BCVs came on board it simply caused too many issues allowing everyone access to the pool.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Now back to the cabanas.

We have rented them before at both MK and the GF and we have enjoyed them both time. We got them when we travel with the "super AARP" crowd as we call our older aunts. They are 85, 91 and 98 respectively and they are great. we go to the pool and the elders chill at the cabanas.

I probably wouldn't get them for just my individual clan but we enjoy being out in the sunshine.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Now back to the cabanas.

We have rented them before at both MK and the GF and we have enjoyed them both time. We got them when we travel with the "super AARP" crowd as we call our older aunts. They are 85, 91 and 98 respectively and they are great. we go to the pool and the elders chill at the cabanas.

I probably wouldn't get them for just my individual clan but we enjoy being out in the sunshine.

Considerably less expensive than purchasing a Florida home just for the sunlight :)

eliza61nyc

Considerably less expensive than purchasing a Florida home just for the sunlight :)

lol, I'm currently stuck in dreary Philadelphia pa after a weekend snowstorm and upcoming temperatures that won't get out of the 30's. :arghh: Right now I would be a serious "patsy" for the first person who could get me sunshine and 75 degrees.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
lol, I'm currently stuck in dreary Philadelphia pa after a weekend snowstorm and upcoming temperatures that won't get out of the 30's. :arghh: Right now I would be a serious "patsy" for the first person who could get me sunshine and 75 degrees.

Pfft.... Our windchill was -35F last night. Normal highs right now are low-to-mid 30's above zero.

I.... don't have any real problem with these cabanas. Looks like there's 4 of them? To be honest, they kind of make sense to have at a deluxe like Beach Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom