Starting On-Site Trip on a Sunday ... will that substantially reduce FP+ options?

DisneyDaver

Original Poster
If I book a 5 night on-site trip that starts on a Sunday and ends the following Friday morning, is that going to put me in a bad position for FP+? My thinking being that most people who are staying on-site that week arrive Friday night or Saturday, thus starting their 60 days earlier and grabbing up the FP+s for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

DisneyDaver

Original Poster
We’re arriving on a Sunday and I was able to get fastpasses for Frozen Ever After, 7DMT, Soarin, FoP, and Slinky Dog during Spring Break season.

Thanks. Do you recall how many days out for 7DMT and SDD? We will be trying for SDD at 60+3 and 7DMT for 60+4 since we are only staying 5 nights. No FOP for us this time since neither of the kids are tall enough.

CaptainAmerica

Sunday is the most popular check in day I believe. And people checking in Friday are doing so for a long weekend, not the following week. Plan the most popular rides for as late in the week as possible and you should be fine.

JillC LI

Well I can't comment on a Sunday arrival, but I was there at Xmas time so super busy. I got online at 7am 60 days before, and I had no problem getting everything I wanted including FOP (60+4), SDD (60+3), and I would've gotten 7DMT at 60+1 but I booked Space and Splash first for my kids, and by the time I was finished, 7DMT was gone. But we rope dropped it so it was fine. I don't think you'll have any problem if you book them promptly when they become available.

DisneyDaver

Original Poster
Sunday is the most popular check in day I believe. And people checking in Friday are doing so for a long weekend, not the following week. Plan the most popular rides for as late in the week as possible and you should be fine.

Thanks. I also owe you a thank you for your reply 15 months ago when I was deciding whether or not to bring my 13 month old son along with my wife, my 3 year old and me for our trip last November. We had the option to bring him along or leave him with my in-laws. I posted on the boards and you recommended I bring him with despite other posters suggesting I leave him with my in-laws.

We brought him with us and it worked out great! He loved the rides/characters/shows/restaurants and shockingly, did not have any meltdowns the whole trip. He was so mesmerized by everything. At one point during the trip, my wife and I looked at each other and said we were so happy that we brought him with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom