Epcot FP+ Strategy

orange123

Original Poster
I am getting ready to book our FP+ for family of four for our April trip. For Epcot, the main priorities for our family are Frozen (my daughter and me), TT (son and husband) and Character Spot (all).

Would we be better off booking FPs for Frozen and TT and waiting for the Character Spot? Or doing rope drop for Frozen and TT, getting FPs for the Character Spot?

belledream

Definitely FP Frozen and Test Track. Character Spot usually lines come and go in waves and you could likely get it as an additional FP later in the day. The other two will see constant long lines and very little availability.

Trackmaster

Definitely FP Frozen and Test Track. Character Spot usually lines come and go in waves and you could likely get it as an additional FP later in the day. The other two will see constant long lines and very little availability.

No need to ever waste a FP+ on Test Track. There's a single rider line. A savvy park goer never wastes a single rider line. The best part of the single rider line is that it teaches you and your children how to enjoy experiences and self-reliance. One of the most pathetic things I've ever heard of are individuals who are incapable of experiencing joy and taking in experiences unless they're surrounded by safe, familiar people they know.

belledream

No need to ever waste a FP+ on Test Track. There's a single rider line. A savvy park goer never wastes a single rider line. The best part of the single rider line is that it teaches you and your children how to enjoy experiences and self-reliance. One of the most pathetic things I've ever heard of are individuals who are incapable of experiencing joy and taking in experiences unless they're surrounded by safe, familiar people they know.
True, forgot about Single Rider line for Test Track. That’s also a possibility. However, I’d still choose a TT FP over Character Spot any day. Also, the other thing about Test Track is that it does seem to go down a lot. Having a FP secured for it can help ensure that you can still use it when it comes back up in that case.

JillC LI

We do enjoy using the single rider line for second rides on TT, but we usually like to ride together for the first time on a given day to get a fun family pic in a single car. And sometimes children are too young to comfortably ride alone.

To the OP, I'd FP both TT and Frozen, and hit up the Character Spot without a FP as early as possible.

righttrack

FP+ TT and Frozen, and I'd arrange for them later in the day. Do the others at ropedrop, unless you're going to try to single rider TT earlier in the day. You'll get to do more that way.

mattdenine

Frozen, TT and Character spot are all tier 1 FP and you can only select one. I'd personally FP TT as it breaks down often and you will get a replacement FP if there are issues.

Trackmaster

True, forgot about Single Rider line for Test Track. That’s also a possibility. However, I’d still choose a TT FP over Character Spot any day. Also, the other thing about Test Track is that it does seem to go down a lot. Having a FP secured for it can help ensure that you can still use it when it comes back up in that case.

Its a three across ride. There's always going to be tons of spots for single riders and few people take advantage of it, so the SR lines are usually 15 minutes or less. If it goes down in those 15 minutes, get out and come back when its working.

correcaminos

First this assumes that the kids are old enough to do single rider line.

Second the SRL has a very diminished building option.

Third that last statement just is quite judgmental. Also as an example the joy I get watching my child react on rides is part of a family vacation experience. Same with posing for rides.

We do SRL often, but lately it's been 30+ mins since so many seem to do it now.

To the OP sounds like a good plan. If Soarin is a desire too, rope drop that.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
One of the most pathetic things I've ever heard of are individuals who are incapable of experiencing joy and taking in experiences unless they're surrounded by safe, familiar people they know.
Lol. Going on vacation with your family isn't because you need "safe, familiar people," it's because you love them. I'm sorry your life is devoid of the feeling that comes with riding Test Track with your four year old daughter. Spoiler alert: It's way better than riding alone.

Trackmaster

Lol. Going on vacation with your family isn't because you need "safe, familiar people," it's because you love them. I'm sorry your life is devoid of the feeling that comes with riding Test Track with your four year old daughter. Spoiler alert: It's way better than riding alone.

I have people that I go to parks with. I've gone by myself, I've gone with other people. I usually try to avoid going with more than one person if possible -- makes logistics easier. I'll hop in a single rider line if it'll save some time unless the person I'm with has objections. If that person has objections, they're probably not the kind of person I'd enjoy going to parks with.

If I want to pal around with people, we can go out for drinks or dinner or something social.

aliceismad

I have people that I go to parks with. I've gone by myself, I've gone with other people. I usually try to avoid going with more than one person if possible -- makes logistics easier. I'll hop in a single rider line if it'll save some time unless the person I'm with has objections. If that person has objections, they're probably not the kind of person I'd enjoy going to parks with.

If I want to pal around with people, we can go out for drinks or dinner or something social.
And you are clearly a very different demographic than many on this board, and the primary target audience for Disney. That doesn't make any of our touring styles incorrect. Everyone is allowed to enjoy the parks in their own way. If "efficient" touring is your goal, sure the single rider line is great. But there's also nothing wrong with enjoying the time with your companions. Spending a little time in line never hurt anyone, and the delayed gratification may actually be good for some. I've spent plenty of quality time with my kid while waiting for other things to happen.

nickys

Premium Member

Right. But do you have kids that you go on a family vacation to WDW with?

Trackmaster

Oh well, to each their own. Different strategies and approaches work for different people, groups, and families. I just hope some of my advice can help some people that might have a similar approach as me from time to time. No disrespect to anybody else's needs on here.

JohnD

I am getting ready to book our FP+ for family of four for our April trip. For Epcot, the main priorities for our family are Frozen (my daughter and me), TT (son and husband) and Character Spot (all).

Would we be better off booking FPs for Frozen and TT and waiting for the Character Spot? Or doing rope drop for Frozen and TT, getting FPs for the Character Spot?

Are you planning on one day or two in Epcot? I typically plan two days with the west side on one day and the east side on the other. Doesn't matter which you pick first. If you did this pick Frozen as your Tier 1 for your east side day and TT as your Tier 1 for your west side day. Yes, I realize both are on the east side but you're already going down the east side of the lagoon for Frozen. But as some have said, you can do single rider on TT. If you don't mind doing that, then choose Character Spot (if that is your preference over Soarin) as your Tier 1 on your west side day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom